Chapter 1.

The Construction of Love.

The feel to his bedding was still an unfamiliar feeling to Baekhyun, the sheets and the mattress much more different to the ones he used to awake in at his single bedroom flat back in Seoul. His new home, however, smelt of gone-off milk and dry paint, the indication of the last occupant still decipherable by all means. He wrapped his frame in the thin sheets, burrying his head into the single pillow he was resting upon. Baekhyun stil wasn't used to the early morning sunshine of Rome, although he'd been there for a few weeks. His apartment was almost his second home, although it didn't feel like it. 

The small, worn-down apartment was located in the backstreets of Rome, far away from any decent citizens of the foreign country. The apartment had 3 rooms - a bedroom, a bathroom, and a front room, with a few appliances - just enough to be classed as a kitchen - located a few meters behind the lounge area. The place was small but it was also attached to a small rent, so Baekhyun took it into his open hands, this being the only he place could afford to do his job without being a homeless man on the side. 

A few agonizing minutes passed as his body registered the fact it was morning, before he decided to drag himself out of his bed and to the bathroom at the end of the hall. Once he made it to the room, he shuddered once his bare feet met the tiles on the bathroom floor, the cold not treating him well. Making his way over to the sink and rubbing the remaining sleeping dust out his eyes, he began to brush his teeth. 

After finishing up the job of scraping away last nights remains, he threw his tooth paste into the pot next to the over-crusted toothpaste tube, and exited the cupboard-like room to go get changed into his architectural uniform, the long day ahead making him feel anything but excited.

-----

Baekhyun pulled his shirt down, the gray frabric unironed and unwashed, giving him an aroma he didn't really want to have around him, considering the importance of the project he was here for. He walked down a stone path, his work shoes being the only thing in a presentable condition that he carried on his tiny frame. 

His eyes scanned the various buildings in the Rome streets, the miscellaneous one's catching his eye rather then the building he was looking for. The shops were a varity that he'd never come across on the Seoul streets. Some were littered with different kinds of bread and pastries, others were filled to the brim with knitted necessities for a thriving home, while some were just littered with paintings of Italian cities and landmarks - Baekhyun was engulfed by it all.

Walking to the end of the street, he turned the corner, hoping that the buisness was only a short distance away, and luckily for him, it was. Located down the darkened street, the lonesome building stood out like and eyesore, the big, bright words 'architetti uniti limitata' stood out above the wooden entrance, creating a glowing shadow spanning down half of the street. 

"This is is..." Baekhyun mumbled to himself as his feet finally met with the wooden entrance that was going to change his career regardless of what ever had happened in his path so far. What outcome this job would propose he did not know, but taking the risks he had already to be standing on the otherside of the world alone, he only hoped it would be a positive one. 

Without another thought passing through his mind, he pulled back the brass handle and knocked three times, beginning the adventure that was long overdue.