THAT PLACE

CATCHING DREAMS

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.


In ancient times they are used as part of prophecies.  But later on the common thinking of society thought that dreams had used a symbolic language making human curiosity wanting to know more about them.  Hoping their nightmares would mean something.  Wanting that their dreams could grant the answers they were seeking.  Some are wishing that this specific kind of symbolic dream would creep into their deep sleep.  Yes, they do mean something except that they do not have symbols at all in them. 


It’s not symbols but rather ‘signs’.  There is a well known common fact today that our dreams are produced by the unconscious part in us.  It contains what the conscious state’s defects have or have means to end a harmful cognitive-behavioral failure.  Your unconscious self makes up dreams to compensate and/or would be rational than the conscious state during certain conditions. 


The dream thoughts are produced by the right brain, which operates using concrete analogies instead of abstract ideas and logic like the left brain, true symbols, which are abstracts products, cannot appear in dreams, excepting entities that became concrete through frequent use.


They usually show a part of us in dis-ease.  A source cited that a dream must, or may, contain three types of thought: (a) the presentation of a harmful cognitive-behavioral failure or mistake called lopsidedness by a distinguished psychoanalyst; (b) the explanation of the causes of the failure or lopsidedness; and (c) the proposition of a means, or means, of terminating the failure, mistake, or lopsidedness.



 - Zurich, Switzerland -


The year was 1948 in a suburb of Küsnacht. On a vast green field, a homely looking building was erected between trees and bushes.  Wooden French windows adorned the walls and the cemented steps on the side led to the plastered large timbered door.  A typical structure at that time without any paved road only pathway of rocks during its construction.


It was supposedly to become another run down edifice but on the year of 2008 the founder discovered something that changed it into the most sought after research institute on psychoanalysis in the world.  Many would flock in to be a patient even just for a day.  However, it is not as easy as that.  The waiting list they have is always long yet most who went in would come out better than they ever could.  Most of them would say that they were given a second chance at life.  That a single touch from that person healed them instantly the moment they wake up after that.


This foremost facility was named and soon came to be known around the world as the “Jung Institute”.







FACT:  There is a real Jung institute in existence based in New York and there's also one in  Zürich, Switzerland.  I also based the facts about dreams on an article they made.  Besides its practice for psychoanalytical training, other things in this story is all fiction or made-up.












AUTHOR'S NOTE:

my brain could not handle the smart-ness that suddenly came out of my nerve cells...*plays dead* 

please do correct me of any grammatical errors.  Thanks!