This is it

Irreversible

Between Kyungsoo’s entwined finger knot lied a series of slender, tanned fingers holding his tightly.

 Their grip was like a case of solved puzzle, fitting into one another impeccably. The other would never want to let go of their hold. They felt comfortable that way, they had each other. Or so they thought.

Jongin on the other hand, still inside that immobile connection, might have had fewer opportunities to withstand their comfort any longer. Considering his heavy exhales and shallow breathing, the minimum radiant of life emitting right out of his eye, and the plunging pain attacking his badly wounded chest,  Jongin had less than minutes to maintain his existence in literal. His shot to live was a steady countdown of small numbers, reaching closer to its limit.

The younger winced in pain, his teeth clenching painfully at the ache tearing him into irreversible pieces. A cliché ‘will you miss me?’ was uttered at a tentative, periodical pace as blood sipped through each elicited syllable. He should have never asked for what was blatant enough, both already knew the answer and to admit it was even greater pain.

 

But was it wrong of him to have one last comfort?

 

The older yelped “don’t you in’ talk, you fool!” for breathing would have probably cost Jongin another pile of strength he was left with. Tears began prickling each corner of Kyungsoo’s crescent eyes. No, he couldn’t hold himself in one piece for any longer, he had no strength to do so “don’t leave me”, “please”

The younger smiled his sincerity away into thin air, eyes looking up requesting one last wish;

 

‘God, can I not go?’

 

His breathing grew twice troublesome than how he had once begin it with. Something, blood, was fleeting into his lungs, filling where air should have nestled in.

 

No, Jongin had to go.

 

‘This is it’ he muttered inaudibly while meeting his last gaze with Kyungsoo’s swollen eyes. Baby, don’t cry his heart screamed for there was no authority left for him to speak. His voice was gone within the last train of his ability to live.

“Please, please, please, please don’t go!” Kyungsoo quivered chaotically, fear reverberating throughout his consciousness as he realized the one approaching tidal wave “Oh, God! No!” he brought the younger’s palm up meeting his moist, heart shaped lips “don’t go!” his demand weaken along with the vanishing hope.

 

 

This is it

I’m only human being given one life to endure and it was both hell and heaven. But life finally made sense the moment I found you.

I’m sorry that I haven’t shown you how you made it worth fighting for.

But you did. Thank you hyung, that you did it.

You are the one perpetual reality to ever root deep within me, the sweetest fruit of my life.

So if angels ever ask me on what I like best about my life, it will always be you

Kyungsoo hyung…

 

They’re picking me up now.

 

 

 The younger shut his eyes close tentatively, made it look like he was drifting back into a good night dream.

“Jongin” Kyungsoo called once, longing for one respond which would never answer his utter back.

“Jongin-ah” he called twice only to fall back to the very beginning, alone and lost.

Without him.

The tidal wave finally hit Kyungsoo knowing fully that his lover drew his very last breath inside his arms.