Chapter 1

Her Bittersweet Life

Excuse*Amber's POV*

 

   Bronze beach-bunny skin, big bedroom eyes that men find alluring, blonde hair everyone thinks is bleached. Beautiful, easy and clueless? 'Stuck up. 'Concieted' 'A s-l-u-t'.

'Sigh... My looks give me so much trouble'

" Hey Amber! Are you okay? You seem sorta down." Krystal walked up to her, "Who was that old freak back he at bus? He didn't pay you to make out or anything, did he?"  Well, that's what exactly happened.

I banged the locker repeatedly. I was so pissed like my brains gonna shoot out of my skull, " Can you believe he said, Hey babe... How's 50 bucks?" "God the nerve of that e!"

Krystal was laughing like what happened was freakin' hilarious, which maybe it kinda was, " That's so gross! But I can see why they ask you that. I mean, you look like the type of girl who might do that." Exellent job on making me more pissed krys! you get A+!

My head was pounding. 'What the hell did you just say?' I kept that in my mind though though

I wanted to get everthing that just happened out of my head and just start a normal calm day in school when I saw Krystal carrying a new bag. Wait... isn't that?...

My eyes shot open. I went over to Krystal and frantically asked, " Where'd you get this bag?!"

"What's this? I bought it."

"Y-you bought it?" I stuttered.

   I spotted that in the store yesterday... but I didnt have enough money to buy it. I was going to go back and get it today...

 

* flashback- back in the bag store yesterday *

   I held up the bag that I spotted. "Oh my gosh! It's adorable! <3"

   Krystal came up to me and said, " You don't really want that, do you? It totally clashes with your hair. Plus, it looks ugly." That made me upset.

*end of flashback *

 

" Yesterday, after you left, I came back and bought it! Isn't it cute?" Krystal said before striking a cute pose with her newly bought bad.

   'Excuse me? You liar! You're the one who told me not to buy it! You talked me out so you could buy it!'

Two guys came up to her and complimented her AND that bag.

   ' Krystal copies everything of mine. People say the grass was greener on the other side. If I picked up one blade of that grass, she wouldn't rest until she had it. What hurts more is that the bag really looks better on her. She's petite, has skin as white as milk and long healthy brown hair, everthing that i'm not. And she gets all the hot guys. I've known her for three months and ... she's never been less of a friend. Sometimes I wonder why i'm still with her. Anyway, why huh?'

Both of us was walking along the hallway to get to our classrooms when...

" Look it's Luhan!" I felt my heart skipped a beat just by hearing that name.

Luhan walked up to me us and said," Hi. Guess who I saw yesterday?" "Who?" " Tetsu and Maria. She said to give you this. It's from yesterday. And she says Hello." and then walked away after I thanked him.

   I held the picture of Tetsu, Maria and Luhan close to me. 'Finally I got it! My own picture of Luhan!' I though, blushing. 'ayee! I can die happy...'

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

* During class, painting outside in the garden *

 

" You like talking to Luhan don't you? I noticed you don't talk much to other guys but you talk to him a lot." Krystal blurtted out all of a sudden.

"W-W-What? I... Uhm... I guess. We were in the same class in junior high. Everyone was very close back then, so yeah. I guess I like talking to him." I stutterd. God! She caught me off guard there!

She just stared at me blankly. " OH! I gotta go! Have to cange this water bucket!"

Phew, that was close... I can't let her know about my feeling for Luhan. Im sure she'll go after him.

 

While I was walking to look for a place I can get water...

"What? You too?" "No way? Both of you?" " Dude, you like Krystal too? " Definitely. She's the hottest chick in school." She heard a group of guys talking under the shelter nearby.

"She's got that flawless Ivory skin. Guys act like she's some kind of goddess"

"And standing next to Amber, she looks that much better."

 

... Wait? Did I just here my name?

 

"Have you seen how tan she is?" " She must be at the beach all day. What a total party girl." "Maybe i'll get her to "party" with me sometime."

EH!? What?! What's their deal? Those guys are so mean!   I clenched my fist and held on to the water bucket tighter.

 

"Don't be jerks."

 

...Huh? Who said that?

I took a peak back at the guys. It was Luhan!

"Amber's tan because she's on the swim... not because she's at the beach partying in a bikini." He said straightforwardly.

" Don't talk trash about her." My eyes widened. My face instantly turned a bright red.

   'Fine, whatever' ' Yeah, my bad' 'We din't know.' They got back to their work.

 

I stood there... My heart beated faster. 'Luhan... He stood up for me.' I thought. My mouth formed a small smile. 'As long as he understand... I won't care what anyone else thinks.'

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

* In class during break  *

 

" Sunblock? Again?" Krystal asked while staring at me as I spread sunblock all over my arms. "If you use too much of that stuff, your skin won't be able to breath."

I didn't care and just continued using it." I'll take my chances. If I don't, I swear i'll get tan just by standing near a lamp! I refuse to let the sun get me any darker. I'm going back to my normal skin tone."

" But I thought that was your normal skin tone." She bluntly said with open trying to look all innocent.

Ggrrr... there she goes again. I was pissed by her statement but just ignored it. 'Say all you want Krystal. I've already lightened up since my last year of junior high. If i'll keep the SPF on, i'll get lighter and lighter... even lighter than Luhan. And it will finally happen, after all this waiting!'

 

I cheerfully gave Luhan the book that he left on his desk. Krystal just stared at both of us...

When I got back to my seat, "Amber,  do you like anyone?" She caught me off guard! Again!

"U-Uh, What?" How many times have I stuttered today? "You do, don't you? Who is it? Let me guess!" She smirked.

Uh Oh. She's got that look in her eyes. Does she know?! What will I do? She'll get him! And i'll be alone... I need something, someone! I need a distraction!

Before she could guess, I looked around for a guy. ANY GUY! And the, I saw someone.

"Ahehehe, what did you know! You could tell? You mean you knew all the time that I liked..." I slapped her arm playfully and then pointed at the unkown guy, " ...him!"

I just realised that that guy was freakin' Kris! But, who cares. Lucky for me one of the hottest guys in school happen to be nearby. But he's so popular..

I just stared at him for a second while he was surrounded by girls and then... I accidentally made eye contact with him. The worst thing is that he WINKED at me! I was caught dumbfounded.  WHAT THE HELL THAT GUY?!

 

*to be continued...*

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys like it! Its my first time writing a story so Please bare with me :)

YOLO!!!