Chapter 7 ~ INFINITE (1/2)

ANOTHER ME ~ The Series

 

THIRD STORY: INFINITE

INFINITE is seven. Period.

Or that’s what the leader always believed.

 

******************************

~ INFINITE (1/2) ~

 

Infinite is seven. Not six or eight. But seven. And not only for now, but also in the future. Forever seven.

That’s what Kim Sunggyu as Infinite leader always believed. He sure Infinite will always consist of seven people. They will never get disbanded. Or if finally their company got tired with them and decided to kick them out or just abandon them, the member will still stay together as seven people since they are inseparable. That’s what Kim Sunggyu always kept in his mind.

That’s why he felt so confused when their manager made a big mistake by bought them only six cans of juice. He tried to re-count the cans that placed on the table. His finger pointed at each can, tried to make sure he didn’t miss calculating them. But still there were six cans, not seven.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Woohyun came beside the leader. Stood in front of the only table in their practice room.

“Woohyun-ah, there’s only six cans here, while there are seven of us. It means one of us can’t drink the juice,” Sunggyu pouted and pointed at the innocent cans.

“Aah, it’s okay Hyung. You can have it. I’m not feeling like drink a juice right now,” offered Woohyun.

“But, you looked so tired and thirsty. I think you need the juice more than I need them.” Sunggyu declined, tried to act as a good-leader. Sunggyu reached out his hand to ruffle the younger hair.

Woohyun smiled and turned his head down, looked shy. “Okay, I’ll give it to the other members. Wait a minute, Hyung.”

Sunggyu watched as Woohyun grabbed five cans and walked to the other side of the room in attempt to pass the juices to the members. Sunggyu watched as the other members received the cold drink from Woohyun. Sunggyu frowned as he saw the member tired faces. They looked so pale and even Dongwoo looked so limp like he was going to pass out. Did their practice was that hard? Sunggyu barely remembered their practice moment. But he didn’t feel tired at all. And Dongwoo supposed to be their second main dancer, so that guy should be had more stamina than the other, or at least more than Sunggyu. Since he always the one who got tired easily, and the other always by calling him Grandpa-Gyu.

Woohyun back to his side, grinning. “What’s in your mind, Hyung?”

Sunggyu shook his head, “no. Nothing.” He saw as Woohyun opened the can and gulped the juice. Feeling the leader eyes nailed at him, the younger offered his share, “want some, Hyung?”

Sunggyu received the can that passed by Woohyun.

“You know, Hyung. Maybe our manager only bought six cans because they want you and me drink for the same can. And you know what does it mean? In-di-rect ki-ss,” Woohyun spelled the last part.

“Urgh,” Sunggyu stopped the can right before it touch his lips. “Y-yah, Nam Woohyun! Aish, you are so greasy.” Sunggyu pushed back the can into Woohyun’s hand without drink it. Woohyun chuckled at his embarrassed hyung.

*

Once again, their manager made a mistake. Now there were only six boxes of takeaway on their dorm floor. Sunggyu sat in front of the boxes alone. The other member was still in their room, changing their clothes into a more comfortable one. Finally Woohyun got out from the room, already in his sweat pants and loose t-shirt, and he saw Sunggyu sat Indian style on the floor.

“What’s wrong, Hyung?” Woohyun plopped on the floor beside his leader. Sunggyu could feel their thighs touch each other. And Woohyun immediately knew what inside his leader head, as he saw Sunggyu frowned at the boxes

“I think I’m going to have ramen for tonight,” Sunggyu threw the last glances to the take away boxes. He tried to sacrifice himself for the member, despite the contents of the boxes were chicken. And Sunggyu really loved chicken. Well, not as much as his love for Woohyun, though. But it’s a secret.

The sad leader stood up and walked to the kitchen. While Woohyun summoned the other members, told them to have dinner. From the kitchen, Sunggyu still could hear Sungjong question, “Where is Sunggyu-Hyung?” Sunggyu smiled because he felt the lovely maknae was so caring.

Woohyun walked in to the kitchen, found Sunggyu sat on one of the kitchen chairs. “There’s a promo in this chicken shop, Hyung. The discount was so big if we buy multiple of half-dozen. I think that’s why our manager only buy six, because buying a dozen will be too much.” Then Woohyn continued, but sounded so unsure, “and buying seven will be too expensive?”

Sunggyu smiled weakly, his eyes glued at the box in Woohyun’s hand. Woohyun knew it, so he placed the box in front of Sunggyu. “I thought you told me you are going to have ramen? I’ll make the ramen then, so the two of us can eat both the ramen and the chicken.”

Sunggyu’s glistened in delight, “You are really a good dongsaeng, Woohyun-ah.”

“Anything for you, Hyung.” Woohyun smiled back. He stood up and started to boil the water.

*

Sunggyu felt so confused. Lately he couldn’t remember most of how he passed his time. It just like the time flies too fast and he keep lose tracking of his time and he had no memory about his activity. One day he will found they just finished their dance practice. And on the other day he will found they just finished an interview for a magazine. But he couldn’t even remember their dance movement, and he also couldn’t remember any question from the interview.

Sunggyu sighed and slumped deeper on his seat, on the passenger car seat. He turned his head, tried to know what doing on the back seat, because their riding was too quiet. Almost all of them had their eyes closed, sleeping. Were they too tired? Sunggyu felt like he couldn’t understand anymore, unlike before. He also felt like the other members got away from him. They just smiled weakly at him, and only gave a short reply whenever he tried to talk to them. As if they were afraid of him.

Once again Sunggyu watched his dongsaeng. Myungsoo and Sungyeol slept and leaned their head on top each other. Hoya and Dongwoo also slept, with Hoya’s hand wrapped at Dongwoo’s shoulder, gave the latter a comfortable hug. The maknae just stared blankly at the car window. Suddenly Woohyun, who previously also had his eyes at the window, caught Sunggyu’s eyes. Then the main vocal gave him a reassuring smile, and made Sunggyu’s heart felt warmer.

Sunggyu turned back and facing forward again. Then suddenly their manager who drive the car said, “Kids, why are you so quiet today?”

Sunggyu was going to open his mouth answering their manager about maybe the other was so tired, when the manager continued, “And why nobody sit beside me, on the front seat? Usually all of you always bickering and fighting for the front seat.”

Sunggyu gaped at their manager remarks.

*

At the dorm, Sunggyu confront Woohyun about what just happened on the car.

“What did the manager mean? Why did he treat me like I’m invisible to him? Now I know why he always sort of one amount on whatever thing they gave us. He must be didn’t buy my portion, right? Why did he do it? Are they going to kick me out from this group?” Sunggyu’s rumble stop as Woohyun pulled him in his embrace.

“Shhtt, calm, Hyung. Let me explain it to you, but you need to calm first, okay?”

Sunggyu nodded and let his body engulfed in Woohyun’s warm embrace.

“Did you remember about your accident, Hyung?”

 

 

 

**

Okaaay, let's ease the tense with a less-scary story, okay, hhe..