Why? - Taemin

Dance With The Great Mushroom Taemin

It was like any normal day when SHINee had been practicing their dances for their Replay japanese music video when someone had called out Key's name.

"Key-Oppa! Anneyong!" you called out.

"Oh! _______-ah! Anneyong!" Key motioned for you to come over and introduced you to his bandmates.

"Guys, this is _______. _______ this is Taemin, Jonghyun, Onew and Minho." Key beamed as you bowed in greeting.

"Anneyonghaseyo! _______ imnida!" Giving each member a smile, you noted that Taemin looked a little nervous while the rest beamed back at you.

"Key oppa! Could you teach me the dance?" You beamed.

"Sure!" Key smiled back. "Although.... Wouldn't you want Taemin, our lead dancer to teach you?"

You caught Taemin blushing as you shook your head.

"Aniyo. I want Key oppa to teach me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'That was 1 year ago' Taemin thought.

His eyes landed on the back of the dancer who was going through the routine intently. He let out an inaudible sigh as he admired the way _______ moved.

Taemin never thought that he would fall in love with you who was originally quite cold and unfriendly with him.

Taemin thought, 'She must have something special to make me fall in love with her...'

Your cold and unfriendly attitude did not change in a good way but rather it had increased in intensity ever since that day.

Every time you came to dance with SHINee you almost always asked Minho or Jonghyun to teach you the dance steps, leaving Taemin with a sad frown whenever you rejected his offer to help you learn the dance routine.

Taemin watched as Minho handed a bottle of water and towel to you and felt a pang in his heart when he saw how sweetly you smiled at Minho when he smiled at you.

Taemin moved to the centre of the room as the rest of SHINee and you sat down to rest.

Trying his hardest to ignore Key's whispers to you he danced the routine with passion and finished with a little flourish of his own before starting the parts where he thought he had to practice more on.

"Key oppa! I have to go!" You exclaimed at you looked at the wall clock.

Key nodded and they all said goodbye. But when Taemin turned to say goodbye you had already left and all his eyes caught was a flash of your blue hoodie.

He frowned again as he went through the routine a few more times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later, after much contemplation, Taemin decided to straighten things out with you.

He entered the studio after his individual photoshoot and found it empty.

Confused, he called all his hyungs but they did not pick up.

Then he heard music coming from the other studio.

Feeling irritated that the person using the studio was blasting their music, he stormed over and was greeted with you dancing his dance routine to 'Get it'.

He watched, mesmerised, as you executed the moves flawlessly. You had even managed to copy the part where he had stood up without any help and which made him gain his nickname 'Jelly-legs' that was used by his hyungs.

He swallowed his saliva nervously as you danced the part that made him almost want to turn away blushing.

When you had finished, he stood frozen to the spot as you smiled slyly.

Then you passed him a sheet of paper as you walked out.

Taemin snapped out of his daze after a while as he read what was on the paper.

"Come to the rooftop, I will be waiting.

     -_________."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taemin slowly made his way up to the roof.

He was not sure where this was going but he must straighten things out with you.

Taemin saw you dancing to 'Noona neomu yeppeo' and he listened to the pre-recorded song, expecting Jonghyun's voice to sing the verse but instead a sweet voice sang it.

"Taemin neomu yeppeo seo. Yeoja........."

Taemin blushed as his heart beat a little faster.

He had enjoyed that you put up all this for him and he did not care what was your purpose for this as he was enjoying it too much.

Then when the last line echoed throughout his body, he started to walk over to you but instead you walked faster to reach him before he reached you. It was like as if you wanted so badly to be near him but he pushed the thought away.

"______ we have to talk." Taemin started but you just continued looking at him.

"W-Why have y-you been so c-cold towards m-me? I have done nothing to offend you have I? If I did, please tell me and I will make up for it! But please don't avoid me. Why are you avoiding me in the first place?"

Taemin in cool autumn air as he watched your face.

You sighed as you confessed.

"I like you, Lee Taemin." Taemin's eyes widened.

"No, I mean I-I love you." Taemin did not know what to do and believe.

"I always have... Ever since I saw you on that first day. But I was just so stupidly shy to tell you. I was not sure you even liked me like that. I didn't want to be seen as one of those girls who would like you for your fame and your money. So I tried to make you jealous. But I knew all my attempts failed because you never reacted to my attempts. So now... This is my last attempt to make myself be sure of your feelings for me. I will understand if you don't like me... I will back off completely. I will stop coming to see Key oppa. I-"

"Shush!" Taemin hushed you impatiently as you looked up at him shocked.

Taemin smiled sweetly as he murmured, "You really don't know the effect you can have on people do ya?"

"Huh?" You asked but Taemin just chuckled softly.

You had turned your head away in embarrassment when Taemin's hand lifted your chin up to look straight into your eyes.

"I love you too _______." Taemin smiled with bliss as you gaped at his sweet confession.

Taemin smiled wider when he used a finger to close your mouth.

Then you blushed as he came closer. Inch by inch, so slowly that you felt that it had taken a million years for him to cover one inch.

You could not look away as he came closer, still with that smile that made you melt inside.

Until a small gap seperating you and him was apparent, you closed your eyes and you felt his sweet sweet lips on yours, pressing with only the gentlest of pressures.

You felt like you were flying but he anchored you with his hands on your waist and you could only focus on how sweet this moment was.

Your hands cupped his face as he pulled away with a hesistant movement and then swooped in for another quick kiss.

Both of you pulled away with a light blush on both your faces and beamed as he enveloped you in a sweet hug.

'Everything is so sweet when I am with him. I never want this to end.' You thought as you locked your arms around his waist and relished in the feeling of him nuzzling your neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both the girl and boy were going through the couple dance for the 20th time today.

"Aigoo!! Taemin-ah!! You were supposed to wrap your arms around my waist like this!" You complained as Taemin scratched the back of his head, looking embarassed.

"How am I going to get this right if your perfect body is making this so difficult for me?" Taemin mumbled as you smiled.

"Bwoh? Are you saying that you wanna change partners?" Taemin shook his head as he hugged you from behind.

"You are just right my ______." He smiled that smile that made your heart skip a beat.

"You always say that..." You mumbled as someone burst through the door.

"Anneyong my beloved cousin!!" "Yah! Key oppa! You're not supposed to just come in here just like that!"

"Maybe he will go away if we do something to chase him away..." Taemin smirked as he pulled you in for a kiss and you could only hear your heart beating and the sounds of cheering and you were greeted with smiles on all of SHINee's faces.

"Taemin oppa, they're not gone yet..." You whined as Jonghyun called out.

"Get a room, you lovebirds!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Anneyong!!

Finally finished!! Kekekeke...

I hope you enjoy this!!!

And please comment!!!

-Taenyu<3