Saranghae

Saranghae

Manami

Golden yellow blonde hair, olive eyes

5’2


    I sighed once again as I leaned back in my chair, waiting for the phone call I knew would never come. I wondered if he even remembered my name.

    I’m not talking about some idol I’d met at a club or something, but my current “boyfriend” who told me he’d call me later. That was a week ago. This was getting ridiculous. Why was I still dating this jerk?

    I rolled my eyes as I stood up, putting my phone in my pocket. There was one place I always went when I was feeling like this, and that was the school grounds. I liked to go and sit in the field as I watched the athletes work out.

    Now I’ve been out of high school and am now in university. However it was the universities track field I was heading too. That was my favourite place to go at times like this lately.  My boyfriend used to run laps there, and that’s where I had met him, but as of the past few months when that babo was skipping out on me, I’d noticed another guy there. He seemed so familiar, but for some reason, I couldn’t never figure out why. Maybe it was because I sat too far back in the field, maybe it was because my mind was always distracted. But he was amazing to watch. Such determination.

    As I arrived today though it seemed my athletic prince charming was M.I.A. I frowned and sat in the grass as my ipod began to play “Man man ha ni” by U-kiss.  I was trying to lip sync when my headphones were yanked off my head.

    I blinked twice and looked around for the culprit.  Of course it was that jerk. Apparently today was a good day for him to pay attention for me.

    “Manami, where have you been? I was trying to find you for the past hour.” He scolded me. I just scoughed.

    “Yeah, a week later, who was your muse this week?” Yeah, that’s right, I knew why he’d been skipping out. He glared slightly before getting that over powering look on his face.

    “We’re leaving Manami, let’s go.” he said grabbing my arm to drag me along.  That was the final straw.

    I yanked my arm back and took a step backwards. “I’m not going anywhere with you.”

    “Is there a problem here?” A voice asked from behind me. I knew the language. Korean. And I knew the voice immediately.

    “Back off, she’s just not listening today.” The jerk said to the guy behind me. I glared.

    “You have no reason to say that to him. I’m not yours to toy with.” I shouted as he glared again and reached to grab my arm. But a hand interrupted him from my savior as he wrapped one arm around me and his other hand grabbed the jerk’s wrist.

    “I think she wants to you leave her alone.” He said.  I blushed and looked up to see a gimps of his chocolate eyes. The flame was set alight in them. My cheeks burned and my legs went weak as he let go of the jerk, and before anything could be said, the arm around me slipped away and the hand attached to said arm was holding my wrist, and we were running. More like he was running and I was flying behind.

    After a while he finally stopped, and as I stumbled to stop he turned, and I tripped right into his arms. Toned and strong. I heaved a heavy sigh. This had all happened so fast. I knew the jerk wouldn’t have done any real harm. But to be saved by the flame. What could I do?

    I coughed then looked up to the wisdom filled warm eyes, “Minho….” I murmured. And he cocked an eyebrow.

    “You know my name?” he asked.

    “ Of course. SHINee’s flaming charisma.” I giggled.  I smiled my thank you as I pulled away from him and sat in the soft green grass. Though I didn’t expect it, he knelt down to.

    “You know, I’ve seen you watching me often,” He started as I blushed. “I really wanted to get to know you. But I thought you were dating that guy back there.”  I sighed.

    “I was. But It’s over now.” I said making a noise of irritation, and diverting my eyes from his, which made me miss the smirk that played on his lips. “Though, I’ve been watching you a lot lately, that’s true. I guess it’s because I have a crush on you.” I said still looking away and playing with a couple blades of grass.

    Then I heard a russle from where Minho was, assuming he had gotten up. But when I looked over to see if he had, our noses touched. I blushed harder and he the flame once again, leaning in closer, ever so slowly, but I didn’t move. I softly closed my eyes as his lips brushed against mine, ever so softly, sending a tingling sensation through my body till it ended at my heart, making it want to burst in happiness.  Then he pressed his gentle lips to mine and the tingle turned into a shock, but I couldn’t pull away. Instead I moved in closer, as I felt his hand run over my hair, before he pulled back.

    My cheeks a flame, I looked up to his sly smirk.

    “I never thought the Flaming charisma would have that side to him.” I smiled.

    “Saranghae.” he whispered. I stared with open eyes. “I have for a long time.”

    I smiled and responded in my own language. “I love you too. For just as long.”


    He just smirked again before kissing me once more.