-Chapter 1-

Retribution

 

-YUNHO'S POV-
 
The things I do for friends.
 
I shifted my attention to the source of the banquet's liveliness. People were mingling in the distance,all dressed in fancy tuxedos and elegant dresses. Some were dancing the night away with one another to the music coming from the the grand staircase. The lighting in the ballroom was iridescent yellow. The big chandelier hung above everyone, surrounded by small, twinkling stars. I stared at the chandelier for a while now,being bored out of my mind and not caring if my eyesight will go bad or not.The crystal surrounding the outer layer had formed a teardrop. However,I felt like the beautiful dangling light would just fall like shooting stars,leaving sharp remains, lying cold on the ground.
 
I was leaning on a table full of small appetizers and finger food. Food so small that it wouldn't even fill an empty stomach no matter how much was eaten. With a glass of wine in my hand,I gently pressed my lips to the rim of the wine glass, tipping it slowly. As the classical music rang in my ears, I could taste the bitter content on my tongue as it traveled down my throat. I shifted my attention back to the people again, everyone, men and women were enjoying themselves, filling the night with a bit of romance.
 
In the corner of my eye, I had noticed someone dressed in black walked next to me,browsing through the selection of wine and trying to make a decision. I examined his side profile for a minute before looking away. The man looked about my age. He had jet black hair that framed his piercing stare. His pale complexion gives off a feel of an arrogant, rich man. He looked good...very good looking indeed..
 
"I would choose the Chateau Margaux if I were you," I spoke out loud,not bothering to look at him. I could feel his eyes on me,indicating that I had gained his attention.
 
"Really? I haven't tried it..." He replied in a polite manner.
 
"People really like the Pétrus one because of the name. Cheap doesn't always mean bad. The lesser known one will ,sometimes, taste better," This time I had faced him, taking a good look at his full appearance. He came dressed in a simple tux with a red and blue tie. And let me tell you that it looked absolutely perfect on him.
 
"Are you sure that it's good?" He gave me a strange look.
 
"Try new things is all I can say," I chuckled.
 
He lightly bit his lip before picking up the wine glass filled with the drink that I had recommended. He turned his back on the table and carefully sipped the beverage. A small smile graced on his face before looking at me with cheery eyes.
 
"Good?" I asked.
 
"Very," He said as he nodded lightly.
 
In silence we just stood beside each other,drinking our wine. A couple of times I caught him glancing at me, but I had also caught myself glancing at the stranger. This repeated itself before another man had wanting to dance with the latter.
 
"I'm sorry,but I can't.." The raven haired male said.
 
"Just for a few minutes," The man begged.
 
"I..-" He hesitated before I had interrupted him
 
"He's..dancing with me first.. We were just getting a drink before we..danced," I told the man.
 
"Ah,really? Maybe later than," He responded and walked away,disappointed. 
 
"You are truly a evil man," The male joked with a grin.
 
"Anything to help you," I gave him a smile.
 
"Shall we make our way to the floor? We don't want to look suspicious now, do we?" He said smugly.
 
I smirked at his suggestion and put out my hand. "Shall we dance?"
 
He smiled and placed his hand on top of mine and I led him to an empty space. Using my left hand,I held his right hand. As I placed my right hand on his shoulder blade, the latter placed his hand on my right shoulder near the seam of my sleeve. To the sound of the music, we had started dancing. Although the dance was simple, the moves that he made were very graceful and stunning.
 
"Thanks again for earlier. My name is Kim Jaejoong." He introduced.
 
"No problem at all, Mr.Kim. My name is Jung Yunho," I had replied and he chuckled in response.
 
"No need to be so formal. Just call me Jaejoong," He smiled.
 
"Alright, then. Then you can just call me Yunho," I said as he gave a small twirl before coming back into place.
 
"Well, you're pretty light on your feet,Yunho-ssi,"
 
"Same for you. I believe I know you from somewhere.." I said,having the feeling that he did seem familiar.
 
"I own one of the largest company in Korea and I must say that it has been very successful," He smirked, "What is your occupation?"
 
"Just an ordinary chief police officer," I replied.
 
"Why is an officer doing at a charity banquet like this?"
 
" My friend is the host of this banquet and let's just say that he forced me to come. And now I'm feeling kind of glad that I did come, " A faint smile appeared on my face.
 
"Same here.." He returned the smile before looking at his watch.
 
"As cliche as this is, I really have to go now.I'm sorry. " Jaejoong said and gave an apologetic smile.
 
"It's alright. See you again someday?"
 
"..Definitely," He gave me a smile before walking off.
 
I watched as he slipped out of the crowd and into the outside world. I still had that burning sensation where he had touched me. It's like he made sure he left his imprint right there. Kim Jaejoong...What exactly are you?
 
It's only been a minute since he left and a loud scream sliced through the entire area. Everyone stopped for a moment and looked to the owner of the yell. With a frighten expression, she pointed to the second level. Everyone, including me, had turn their heads to see a man dressed in a white trench coat. He had spiked up platinum blonde hair, dark sunglasses, and a black mask covering his mouth and nose. Not to mention his silver leather gloves with a green clover on the back of his right hand.In his left hand were jewelry and the crown that was going to be donated later. It was only 1 minute when everyone spotted him with items before only where he was standing had turned dark. A second later the lights had been again without him there anymore.
 
After a second of confusion, the crowd burst in loud screams. In an instant a figure ran across my eyes. My instincts kicked in and I suddenly dashed towards the man. Pushing through the crowd, my eyes were only locked on the man running to the strangely opened door. I glanced at my right and noticed that my partner that accompanied me tonight was also chasing the man.
 
We figured it was too late. We had stopped at the entrance and saw the man in white take off on a motorcycle with another man. It was dark outside so I couldn't really focus on what he looked like. Using the little light from the building,all I could tell that he was the black counterpart of the man in white. But instead of a green clover, he had a red spade on his right hand.
 
"Goddamn it," My partner muttered to himself.,even though we both knew that we wouldn't be able to catch them.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:  Yay,first chapter~!
 
how is it so far? ^^; wrote this chapter ahead of time, :D
 
until next time,
 
~Dia is Out!~