Unexpected Trouble

Forever Love

“Darine Princess Alyssa Park…!”

“Yes, Sir..!”, a girl with short cut hair raised her hand, oh yeah, that’s me!

“are you sure you are?”, the teacher look up to me with suspicious face. The rest of class is holding back their laugh.

I sighed, “yes sir, I am that girl”

It’s a normal thing for me to have people reassuring about my name. Maybe because my outer appearance not suits my royal-like feminine name. I have a skinny body, short cut brunette-hazel colored hair, boyish look and style. Princess? Clearly not suit me at all. Thank God, my name not starts with the word princess, but Darine. People would call me princess id it was like that.

Today first subject is literature. Sure something that need memorizing and deep understanding.  Gladly, I read before I attend this class. And the teacher was interesting so it wasn’t really boring.

I looked out to window. This is clearly a new place for me. I have never been to Seattle before. It is a family tradition to live apart from my parents. My grandfather said we have to live apart so we learn how to live and not be a spoilt child. Me and my and twin also other 5 brothers would meet up twice a year. You know how we always miss each other, right?. Especially I am the youngest child. But we can’t do anything because our grandfather is a strict person and he has some kind of ‘power’ or reputation.

Sound of bell ringing stinging my ears. Finally, It is break time. I stand up and when I just going to walk, Oh, someone stand in front of me.

“hey, girl,nice to meet you. I’m Grace.” A girl with long straight hair and bright smile approached me.

“what we should call you? Princess..? that’s so royal..” another girl spoke and made Grace laugh, she got nudged by Grace with elbow.

I shake my head while laughing. “no, Darine is fine”

“btw, I’m Narsha, Han Narsha.” Narsha smiled. “Are you korean?”

I nodded, “yes, I’m Korean. My mom is Korean American and my dad is Korean”

“Me too!,” Narsha looks so happy. Maybe because finally in this class there’s someone who is Korean.

 “Let’s grab some food. I’m hungry!”


 

It’s been almost two weeks since I entered this school.  I still don’t know completely about this school yet, so My Girls (re: Grace and Narsha) always help me with that.

Hmmm… they promised to meet up at school’s garden. But where they are? I already waited for 15 minutes.

I went to library and found Narsha studying on a desk. She looks so serious. I sat beside her and called her a few times. But she did not look into my direction. What she is reading now? Ooohh.. history book! She really loves that subject. But, is the history book she holding that interesting? She is reading it like it is some kind of novel.

“Narsha!” I called her with higher tone while tapping her shoulder.

“OMMA………!” she screamed. She looks so surprised. The librarian looked into our direction and told us to keep quiet.

Narsha put on annoyed face, “why you did that?!”

“I sat beside you and called you few times already… but you were too immersed in your novel book….” I explained and laughed.

“novel?” she put blank face then looked at the book she was holding and laughed hard.

Grace came, “hey, keep ur voice down….shhhhhh!” she put a finger in front of her lips.

“hey, this is not a novel, can’t you see the title? It is clearly a history book!,” Narsha explained but she still laughing. “but if you want to call it a novel, it’s up to you…”, she laughed again. She sure loves to laugh, doesn’t she?.

“Shhhhhhhh!!! This is not a fun fair, okay? ” Grace told us.  Narsha and I laughed hard.. funfair?! Grace made us cracked up.

“hey, why both of you reading the same book?” I asked Grace and Narsha. They are holding the same book. And yes, that is weird because Grace not really loves that subject, but she is reading it.

Narsha shake her head and sighed, “girl, don’t you remember that we have assignment on this subject? Sure we can do later because the deadline is the day after tomorrow, but you know how Mrs. Alexa assignments are, must be perfect!”

“And she is also scary!” She whispered to my ear. “That’s why we start to make it now.”

“hmmm….Narsha, you are an expert on this subject. Let me borrow that book for sec”, I reached my hand to the book.

Narsha was faster by half a beat, and she is already hugging that book. “no, no. Take another one from the shelves”

“Grace---”

“Sorry darine, I’m reading it now. Just go search on your own. There were just some of those left”.

“okay…” I stand up from my seat and start to search the history book from shelf to shelf. Finally, I found shelf where the book at. Hmmm..where is that book? My eyes are looking at every inch of the shelf. Come on! ……… Ahhhha! Found it!

Oh, there just one book left! But why it is placed in so high? I stand on my tiptoes and reaching my hand…yeah, I’ll get the book! I’m giggling.

Suddenly, the book is gone. I wondered where it went. It was there! I saw it with my eyes! Someone must took it.

I look into the other side of shelf. A tall male student is there. And he is looking at that book! Hhhmmmpp! How can he do that? I found that book first, so I am the one who deserve to read that book. He can read it later!

“excuse me…,” I spoke to him slowly.

He took a glance of me and his eyes locked again with the book. Huh? Can’t he speak something? Just answer me with “yes” or even “hmmm” or something else. 

“What do you want? I don’t even know you. Can’t you see that I am busy now?!“. Wow! His words were like a bullet shoots from a gun, fast and straight hurting my heart.  He sounds so annoyed. He was looking at me with his sharp eyes for five seconds before immersed again in his book. Is it his girlfriend or something?! I didn’t say anything except ‘excuse me’. And now he talked back to me with annoyed tone like that?! Seriously, I’m pissed off.

“What’s the matter with you?” my tone became higher than before. “All I said was excuse me and now you talk back to me like that?” I looked straight into his stiff and serious face.

He sighed hard and closed the book roughly. “okay, what do you want?” he looked back to me with his sharp eyes.

Gosh! I really hate this kind of guy, who has no manner and full of himself!

“I want that book” I pointed to the book he’s holding.

“why? I want to use it”

“I want to use it too. But since I found that first, I deserve to read it first” I explain as calm as I can. I started to lose my patience.

“but I took it first”, he said with his relax and cold expression.

“I saw it first, so I am the one who deserve to use it first”

Darine, Calm Down!

He opened the book and then closed it,“hmmm….your name is not written here…….so it’s not yours.”

I hate his cool expression!

“I heard that you’re younger than us by two years. You entered our grade because you are so smart, so you could skip some class. That’s mean you don’t need this book”

Thank God we are not in same class!

He continues, “I am your senior. And you are a junior even we are in the same grade. Junior always have to listen to senior, don’t you know that?”

That’s true…. I did skip some grade, I can’t deny him. But I must get the book! What will happen to my homework now?

Should I call you senior? Okay!

“Senior, I need that book. I need to get my homework done.” I tried to use a soft tone and even tried to pull out a smile. Darine, control yourself!

“what a stubborn girl" he murmured. I can see a smirk in his face, "So what? Do you think I would care? Why do I have to care??”

That was like a bomb! I lose my patience, I really cannot deal with guy like him.

 “WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU, JERK??!!!”

Silence………….

everybody now looking at us……and I just realized that my hands are grabbing his collar.

“YOU TWO! In My Office, NOW!!”

 

 

 

 

 

How is the first chap? i'm sorry if it's bad :(