New Friend

Behind The Nerd Image

 

The next day, Levy felt a bit better so she decided to go to school.

She entered the gates and heard whispers.

“I thought she moved schools..”

“What is she doing here?” one of the students that bullied her asked. Levy definitely recognized the voice and glared at them secretly which made them flinch then gulp.

*These people don’t have a life..*

“Hey.” A voice said. Levy turned around seeing the queenka. Levy pretended to be scared but in the inside, the queenka was already killed by her.

“Do you have a date to the dance? Or right, know one likes you.” The queenka said high-fiving her crew. “I don’t care about the dance. I rather do work unlike you, gaining attention and have looks that boys will fall for.” Levy snapped nonchalantly.

The queenka looked at her surprised. “Do you know who I am?” she asked. Levy nodded. “Jo Hyemin. The most popular girl in school that wants attention.” Levy said.

“I don’t want attention. I need attention.” Hyemin said. “That’s an attention seeker. Excuse me.” Levy said politely and turned around until she bumped into someone.

“OPPA!” Hyemin screeched. Levy moved back and saw one of the kingkas, Hoya. “What are you doing?” he asked. “Just making friends.” Hyemin said putting an arm around Levy.

“Tell him the truth, you die.” Hyemin whispered. *Unless you die first* “Really?” Hoya asked. Levy was about to open until Hoya spoke again.

“Because, I saw you teasing her. You don’t have a date to the dance, or right because no one likes you.” Hoya imitated. Hyemin widen her eyes.

Levy smirked. “Looks like he already knows the truth, attention seeker.” Levy whispered to her ear and walked away. Hoya watched her figure and squinted his eyes. *The back figure is really familiar..* Hoya shook the thought off and walked away.

 

 

 

Lunch time, as usual, Levy sat down by herself.

To be honest, she hasn’t made any friends since she doesn’t want any friends.

After lunch time she bumped into someone. The boy dropped his books and bended down to pick them up. Levy sighed and helped the boy pick up his books.

“Why are you helping me?” he whispered. Levy looked at him and gave him his books. “What? It was my fault that I bumped into you.” Levy said.

Levy was about to walk away until he grabbed her wrist. Levy turned around. “Mianhae..sorry…for bullying you.” He said. Levy blinked several times.

“Me?” Levy asked pointing at herself. “Who else do people bully?” he asked. Levy thought about it and nodded.

“Oh, anyway. My name is Minhyuk.” The guy said. Levy nodded. “Just in case you don’t know my name, Levy.” She said and walked away.

Minhyuk blinked and looked at her back figure. *She may be tough, but she’s a kind person.* Minhyuk turned around. “Why did I even bully her in the first place?” he asked out loud.

He shook his head and walked back to his class.

 

 

After school, Levy got a text from her brother that he won’t be able to walk home with her due to “reasons”. Levy sighed and decided to walk by herself.

She was about to exit the gate until people blocked her. “Yah! Nerd, give us the answers for the test tomorrow.” A voice said. Levy sighed knowing who it is.

“If you want the answers, study. I’m not helping you guys cheat.” Levy said. Sunggyu grabbed her wrist. “If you don’t want to get kicked out of this school, you better give us the answers.” Sunggyu said. Levy scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Hyung, I’ll give you guys the answers instead.” Hoya said. “Ani ani. I know you study at home but, lets make little miss perfect here, suffer.” Sunggyu said.

Levy sighed in defeat. “Just wait.” Sunggyu said. While Levy was waiting someone grabbed her wrist making her run.

The two hid in a spot and he covered .

Levy watched as the seven boys went off to look for her. When the coast was clear, he finally released Levy from his grip. “Yah!” Levy said and turned to him.

“Oh, Minhyuk-ssi.” Levy said bowing. “You don’t have to bow. Now, where’s your brother.” Minhyuk said. Levy widen her eyes and looked at him. “I don’t have a brother.” Levy said.

Minhyuk looked at her and raised a brow. “Really? From what I see, you two always walked together and look alike. Also, have the same surname.” Minhyuk said.

Levy puffed her cheeks. “Don’t you dare tell anyone.” Levy said. Minhyuk nodded with a smile. “I’ll walk you home.” Minhyuk insisted.

“NO!” Levy said crossing her arms into a ‘x’ shape. “Wae?” he asked. “Because!” Levy said. Minhyuk sighed and immediately took off her glasses which made her widen her eyes. “Why do you need glasses? You look good.” Minhyuk asked.

“STOP FLATERRING ME!” Levy said. “Now, give me back my glasses.” Levy said reaching out of her glasses. Minhyuk grinned, “You’re only doing this because you don’t want to be queenka, aren’t you?”

Levy pouted and crossed her arms. “AISH! Arasso! You’re right!” Levy admitted. Minhyuk giggled. “Jjinjayo? Wae?” he asked. “Its cause I don’t like attention.” Levy said. “You do know that the people who bullied you is doubting that you’re a nerd.” Minhyuk said. “WHATEVER!” Levy said walking away.

“Wait wait!” Minhyuk said giving back her glasses.

“I’ll be your friend.” Minhyuk said. Levy widen her eyes. “Jjinja? You’re not lying are you?” Levy asked. “I’m not going to lie to a person who threatens people.” Minhyuk said. Levy nodded. “Fine.” Levy said.

Minhyuk smiled. “I’ll try to get close to your brother too, wait! I’m already close with him.” Levy widen her eyes. “Jjinja?”

Minhyuk nodded. “We knew each other for like, four years already.” Minhyuk said. Levy nodded and ran away.

“YAH! CHOI LEVY! COME BACK HERE!” Minhyuk called. “MIANHAE! BUT I THINK MY PARENT’S ARE LOOKING FOR ME!” Levy called out and stuck out her tongue. Minhyuk crossed his arms and shook his head from amusement.