Travelling to Rome

Power Within

 

“Hey Eli,” Dongwoo looked over at the boy sitting across from him on the train, “who would want to steal artifacts? It doesn't sound like a typical thief.”

 

“I guess that's why we got called in,” Eli leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes.

 

The two of them had been on the train for a few hours already. Even though they didn't work for their organization anymore and fell off the grid, they were known to solve events that no one else could. Usually it would just be a criminal that was very good at hiding and no one paid enough attention to clues. This time it sounded more like their skill sets were needed.

 

“This seems strange,” Eli's voice cut into Dongwoo's thoughts.

 

“You mean everything?”

 

Eli nodded, “if it were monsters, they would leave some kind of trail. Every scene where something was taken, there was nothing. Not even footprints.”

 

“Maybe they've gotten a lot stronger and more skilled since we left. I'm sure we can figure it out though.”

 

Eli puffed out his cheeks and sat up, “so where are we headed again?”

 

“Rome. It was where the last theft happened. Maybe we can find something there to work with and talk to some of the locals to see if they know anything or have seen anything weird.”

 

“Let me guess, no witnesses?”

 

Dongwoo shook his head, “no one saw or heard anything.”

 

Eli scratched the back of his head, “well it wouldn't be a fun job if it was easy. I hope it isn't just a really good criminal again. Those tire me out and make my skills rusty.”

 

“Like you could ever get rusty,” Dongwoo shook his head, “you were always the first one to dive into a fight.”

 

“That's true. I like a good fight.”

 

That's probably because he can smell trouble. He always knows when anything is about to attack us.

 

“I hear Rome is nice this time of year, even if this turns out to be a total bust at least we can have a nice bit of a vacation,” Eli leaned back in his seat again and closed his eyes, “we should probably get some sleep. Never know if there's going to be a fight or not.”