Chapter 3

Over Coffee and Cheesy Pick Up Lines

 

The next morning, I woke up on the couch. Jonghyun, Key, and Joon were on the floor wrapped in a mess of blankets. Minho and Taemin were nowhere to be seen so I assumed they were in Taemin’s room and I made a mental note to not go up there.

I pulled myself off the couch and shuffled to the kitchen, wincing when my feet hit the cold floor. I grabbed a mug out from the cabinet and poured myself some water. I looked at the window above the sink and stared at the garden outside. The tomatoes looked to be coming along nicely, almost a vibrant red that would be great for picture taking.

A few moments later, I heard someone else enter the kitchen, making me internally groan.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Joon greeted, his messy hair catching my attention. Why did he look like a model? He walked over to me and reached above my head for a glass. The close distance between us was making me uncomfortable so I slinked away to the other side of the room.

“Good morning,” I said back politely.

“You looked really adorable last night when you were sleeping. Almost like a little bunny rabbit the way your nose was twitching,” he said, giving me a bright smile.

“You’re such a creep. It’s weird to watch a person sleep,” I grumbled, turning away to walk back into the living room, with Joon following me unfortunately.

“It’s not creepy. I was just observing.”

“Well, then quit observing.”

“Say,” he said, plopping himself down on the couch beside me. “Do you wanna hang out today?”

Immediately, I refused.

“Why? Look, I know I may have given you a bad impression of myself—you’re obviously not the kind of person to just flirt with anyone. I get that. But please understand that that’s my personality and it’s just playing around. You seem like a genuinely nice person—Taemin even tells me you’re definitely very mature and kindhearted. I just want to get to know you better. So what do you say?” Joon said, completely catching my off guard.

I didn’t really know what to say. He the kind of person I wouldn’t normally hang out with but he just gave me a speech about wanting to get to know me. I wanted to say no, but I didn’t want to seem rude either. I think I did that enough last night.

“Erm…I’ll think about it, okay?” I said, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

“That’s fine. The others are still asleep so maybe let me know around breakfast—”

“He’ll go!” Key suddenly shouted, sitting straight up wearing a huge fox-like grin.

Joon’s face lit up immediately and he shot up to his feet.

“Great! I’m gonna head home and change my clothes. I’ll be back around noon to get you!” he called as he walked towards the door, ignoring my protests.

“Wait--!” I tried to shout but was cut off by the door slamming shut as he ran out. I glared to Key, who was still smiling.

“Yah!” I yelled at him. “Why’d you do that?! I didn’t want to go!”

“Oh please quit your whining,” he said, waving me off. “I’m doing you a favor. He obviously thinks you’re cute and you obviously think he’s handsome—which he is of course. Look, you really need to start looking for a boyfriend or you’re going to end up like those poor, old men who has a dozen cats. Just go on your little date and see where things go.”

“’Poor, old men with cats’? I’m not gonna end up that way! And I don’t even like cats!” I protested.

“Whatever, you’re still going to be poor and old.”

“Yah—!”

“What’s going on? Why is there shouting?” Taemin cut in, walking in groggily and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He opened them and looked around confusedly. “Where’s Joon hyung?”

Key clapped his hands loudly in excitement. “He left to go get changed for his and Onew’s date later!”

Taemin’s droopy eyes suddenly widened hugely in shock and yelled, “What?! Onew hyung’s got a date with him!” His expression turned smug as he turned to me. “Man, you’re in for one hell of a day. Don’t be surprised if he takes you to his house.”

“What?!” I yelled, my eyes bulging.

“He means Joon’s going to seduce you,” Key clarified, his face serious.

“No! I’m not sleeping with him!”

The two only laughed at me, and grabbed me off the couch and started dragging me up the stairs to get me ready for the day, ignoring my protests. Taemin took us to his room, pushing the door open and pulling us in. I took one look at the bed and immediately shut my eyes.

“Yah! Taemin! Cover your boyfriend!” I screamed, covering my entire face with my hands.

“Oh! Sorry!” Taemin apologized, throwing the blanket over his boyfriend. My scream had woken Minho up and he was now drowsily opening his eyes. He opened them completely and yelled at us.

“Taemin! Why’d you bring them in here! I’m not dressed!”

“Aish! Go shower! We’ve got to get Onew hyung ready for his date!” Taemin said exasperatedly, tugging his boyfriend down the hall towards the bathroom.

“What? Date?”

“Yes! With Joon hyung! Now go shower!”

Just a few seconds later, Taemin hurried back into the room and opened his closet, searching through his many clothes.

“I know whatever you brought as extra clothes are probably trashcan-worthy, so I’ll lend you some. I’m sure one of Minho’s shirts will do just fine,” he said, looking around for a little while before grabbing a navy blue shirt and tossing it at me.

Key then tugged at the shirt I currently had on, pulling it up and over my head and replacing it with the one Taemin picked out.

I tried protesting and I tried running away from them, but the two of them against only me is completely stupid. Why did I even have to go on this “date” if that’s what it really was?  I don’t like Joon, and that’s that.

I guess I would go and just tolerate him. If this is a date, then he’s bound to take me somewhere nice. It’s the perfect opportunity to take some spectacular photos.

That’s all this date was. An opportunity.

 

 

*~*~*~*

 

 

Finally, after a total of two hours of “getting ready”, Joon finally came back to pick me up. I was sitting on the couch watching Jonghyun and Minho play some video game, while Taemin and Key were talking in the kitchen. Taemin was the one to answer the door, ushering Joon to follow him into the living room. I stood up and grabbed my jacket and camera off the couch, and then I saw him.

And man, I really wish I hadn’t.

He was so gorgeous it was unbelievable. His hair had been washed and brushed, laying nicely. It blew my mind at how model-like he was wearing a light blue checkered, button-up shirt with a dark blue vest, completed with a black bowtie. It all looked so corny and sort of nerdy, but he pulled it off better than a professional model could.

Needless to say, he was far too good-looking for his own well being.

And the only thing he needed to do was wink and I could feel my heart racing. I felt so much like a young school girl, it was pathetic. Damn this guy.

“Shall we go?” he asked politely, motioning for me to follow him.

And I did, thoughts and heart racing erratically and hoping I didn’t screw up today too much with my clumsy and awkward ways of an antisocial photographer. 

 

 


More Joonew in the next chapter! ^^ Please comment and subscribe!!!!