The Last

The Last

 

Dongwook and Sora lie in bed cuddling and enjoy their time together. Sora was listening to Dongwook beating as it was calming. Dongwook smiled knowing Sora was the one for him and the person he wanted to spend his life with. He lean down toward her and whispered “I love you.”

“Hey.” Sora said getting up and causing him to sit up too. “How many were there before me?”

“What do you mean?” he questioned.

“Like, how many girls did you love before me?” She said.

“Love?” he questioned.

Sora nodded.

He thought for a second and replied “Five. I loved five women before you.”

Sora nodded her head. “What were their names?”

“Who, what, when, where, why.” He answered.

“Can you tell me about them?” she asked.

 

“Who I love, was a girl from college. I wasn’t exactly close to her but with superficial facts and a few interactions over the semester, I got to know her. Like most guys fantasy over a girl they didn’t know. I filled in the blinks like a fairy-tail authors and who she was in my head was probability more than the reality. She was third year student and I was a freshman, sure but yea, every time we spent together or had class, it also let he see that she had bright heart and a good personality. But so did every other guy in the school. And while she turned me down nicely, I swear there were times when it felt that she had fallen for the typical nerdy freshman.”

 

“What I love, was an old friend of mine, but she was more than just a friend. We met early in college and had kept in touch with the years after. We saw each other change and grow through multiple relationships. I saw her boyfriends comes and goes. She was also there for every girlfriends and breaks up mine. Personality, humor, taste, it was there. She and I were almost perfect, only thing that wasn’t perfect was out timing. We were never single at the same time.  What we loved about each wasn’t enough for us to leave who we were with. This was actually something we had to face and accept. And we had to leave behind what we had.”

 

“When I love, was my first girlfriend in high school. It’s a bit unfair because she embody the combination of love and youth. The feeling of young love is unique it’s impossible to replace or replica, because we could only be that age once. High school was a time of innocent, discoveries and adventures. We shared these three elements together in things like, our first kiss, late night sneaking out, and mad night movies. All of which now have become unforgettable love. Persevered in a time that either of us could touch, but no one was there. Even though we were just kids, there’s not a doubt in my mind that when we were there, we were in love.”

 

“Where I love, was a girl I met in America. I had never intended to stay that long there. It was just a 6 month internship after graduating, but it all changed after I met her. Soon a year had pass and then somehow another year after that. I couldn’t leave the city, I couldn’t leave her. Maybe it was my desire to be on my own or prove something to everyone back at home.  But she helped me accomplish it over there with the relationship reflective of the city we were in, a new energy and a new experience that really pushed me to mature more than anyone or anywhere else. When people ask me which city I love the most, I say New York, the city I love the most.”

 

“Why I love, was a close friend of mine who passed away. She told me after she was told about her disease that death was not what saddened her the most, but the fact that she hadn’t fallen in love. She would get to know those emotions of good and bad, of being hurt and being held. After she passed, those words stuck with me the most. Teaching me to see that one of the greatest gifts of being alive is the ability to give, receive and even get love. There are so many like her, whose life ends before having those experiences. What a waste if we don’t strive to love in our life. She may be understood why. Why waste this life without loving.”

 

She sighed and turned away. “I understand now.”

Dongwook looked at her. “You are the sixth.”

“The sixth? So which one am I then?” She asked.

“You are none of them, because you are all of them.” He said causing a small smile to her face. 

“You are who I love; the girl on the panel stood, the fantasy, the make believe that are actually true. You’re what I love; the death, the inside jokes, the best friend. You are when I love; a new history is being started with you. We are the young lover our older selves will remember about. You are where I love; because I’ll go anywhere just to be with you. You are why I love; because before you I didn’t truly know that I was looking for. Now that we found each other, you have given my past and future a meaning. You are the sixth, the last.” He said whispering the last two words.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, how many where there before me?” Dongwook said grabbing her hand.

“Um…five also.” She replied.

“What were their names?” He question.

“Who, what, where, when, why.” She answered. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay It's finished! I hoped you liked it. 

Comment Please!

Oh and please do support WongFuProductions! (On Youtube)