It's Over

Break Up

YOUR POV:

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

His phone kept ringing. On and on and on. But the result was always the same.

He wasn’t answering.

I was already so full of it. How long has it been since their promotions ended? And yet I haven’t had a single phone call, nor text from him. It had already been a whole month since I last saw him.

And at those times he wasn’t there I never felt so alone in my life. It was like there was a blank space, a part of my body missing while he was gone.

I tried to call him one last time. Still, no answer.

I sighed and eventually gave up. It was only 7:00 in the morning and he might still be probably sleeping.

More time passed and I was getting frustrated. He didn’t even bother to return all those missed calls. Even if he was that busy, he still needed to make time for me.

It was almost afternoon and I had enough.

Without hesitation, I rushed outside my house and took a cab, going all the way to his apartment.

The moment I stepped inside his apartment-not bothering to knock, I felt something oddly different. Like it wasn’t the same anymore. Was it the air? The atmosphere? The aura it was giving off? Whatever it was, why did it feel like Himchan had something to do with it?

His living room was empty. But there was a lot of mess. Empty styrofoam cups and plastic plates were all over the floor. The whole apartment had the scent of alcohol and it was pretty bad.

Did he had a party here? Without me?

Suddenly, I felt confused. What the hell was up with him? I was hating the fact that I didn’t know anything about he was doing recently.

After checking the living room, I went next to his room.

But when I reached the door to his bedroom, I felt a knot tied in my stomach. Something was wrong here.

Hesitating for a moment, I finally opened the door to his room.

When I got inside, all the things I was carrying automatically dropped to the floor. Making lots of noises.

My jaw dropped, my whole body felt paralyzed and I was speechless.

I wanted to do something but my body seemed to disagree.

I couldn’t take my eyes off of him.

And the girl sleeping beside him.

They were both , or it seemed because they were both covered under his sheets.

My fists curled. I wanted to throw myself at him, to slap him, to punch him, to hurt him. But I couldn’t. And I had no idea why. 

I bit my lip, holding back the tears threatening to come out of my eyes. No wonder he hadn’t been answering my calls. He was too busy with another girl.

I was right. He was sleeping. With this .

“Jagiya?” he said, not sure of what he was seeing.

He finally woke up. And seeing me in front of them, his eyes widened. He immediately sat up and stood from the bed. The girl was still sleeping, not aware of what was happening. Himchan already had his pants on and started going towards me while putting on a shirt.

“Jagi, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“What am I doing here? You’re ing asking me what am I doing here? That’s all you can say??!! After all this time of being not with you..” I wanted to say all the bad words I can tell him. But I didn’t know what was holding me back.

All I did was walk away from him. I got out of his apartment but he ran after me before I could take another step further.

“I’m sorry…” he whispered, his breathing unstable.

“You cheated on me! You ing ! And all you say is sorry?” I was already shouting but thank God, there wasn’t a lot of people on the street.

“Jagiya.. I can explain..”

“Don’t call me that. I’m not your girlfriend anymore.” I finally said.

“What?? What did you just said??”

“I didn’t stutter did I?” I replied.

“What’re you saying, jagi?”

“Don’t you get it? I’m breaking up with you!”

“No. Don’t say that. Please don’t… I can’t..” he was unable to finish his sentences. But we were both on the verge of tears.

“I can’t take it anymore, Himchan. I’m so tired. So tired of always waiting for you, for always being the one to sacrifice everything just for us… And you repay me with this? I can’t do this anymore.” I was already sobbing.

“Please don’t do this. I love you. And this. This was nothing! I don’t even know her! The boys threw a party last night, I didn’t want to but they forced me. It got crazy and everything just went by so quickly I didn’t had the chance to stop myself.” he explained, tears already falling down his cheeks.

“I don’t care if it was a one night stand or you’re dating her. You cheated. And that’s not the only bad thing you did. All this time, I waited for you. I waited for you to call, to text or to visit me in my apartment, but no. You’re always too busy. Himchan, I feel like I don’t know you anymore.”

“I’m going to change, I promise.”

“Stop it, Himchan. Just stop it. With your lies.” I snapped.

“Jagi…” he whispered, he got closer, attempting to hug me.

“Don’t touch me.” I walked a step farther from him.

“Please, jagiya. I love you so much.. Don’t do this to me..”

“I’m sorry, Himchan. But we’re over.”

Tears fell harder on both our faces as I looked away. I couldn’t bare to see him like this. To see him heart-broken because of me. But he did it first. He broke my heart first. For not making any time for me, for forgetting me, for cheating on me and for everything.

I love him. I still do. And that what I was afraid of. If I touch him or stay any longer I was afraid this love would consume me. And I’d go running back to him again.

No.

This time, there was no turning back. I had to fight the urge to pity him. To come to him. I can’t take it anymore. My heart needed a rest from all this bull.

Without another word, I walked away from him.

I didn’t even bothered looking back, because if I did, I might just end up going back to him. And I didn’t want that. Not anymore.

I could still feel him looking at me. Fighting the urge to run after me. But he knew it would be only a waste of time and his energy.

When I got far enough, I still didn’t stop walking at a fast pace. Ignoring all the people looking at me while I sobbed. Realizing the fact that I was finally all alone. I had nobody to comfort me, to make me smile, to love me or to cheer me up because I broke up the with the person who used to do all those things to me.

Regret washed throughout my body, but it was for the best.

All good things must come to an end somehow. It was fun while it lasted.

But feelings were hard to change. I still couldn’t get him off my mind. He was still the one my heart longs for. I wanted to hug him. To kiss him. To be everything he needed….

It was too late now.