CHAPTER 1

Are You My Janus?

 

   Mint frowned as she stared at her boyfriend's number of her handphone. Her thumb hovered over the green button. She wanted to call Kwangmin but her ego made her doubt if she should. She was never the one to initiate a phone conversation with her boyfriend so she found it awkward to do it now.
 
   *But I miss him so much already. This is the longest time he never bothered to contact me.* Her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pouted at the thought.
 
   Boyfriend have been really busy the days. After their prywomotions for Love Style, they immediately headed to Japan. They already released five tracks and three music videos there.
 
   *It wouldn't hurt if I call him once, right? Right? Right?!* She wasn't sure what to do... She knew that it was only natural for a normal girlfriend to check on her boyfriend.
 
   But then she realized, a romantic relationship between an idol and a fan is never meant to be normal. A sigh escaped her lips... *Damn it.*
 
   Her body slumped in frustration. Unconsciously, her thumb tapped the call button. Her eyes widened after seeing that she accidentally called Kwangmin.
 
   *What do I do? Oh dear. He'll think I'm a creeper. Please don't break up with me, Kwangmin!* The other line picked up after a few long rings. "Uhmm... Kwangmin?" Why is she even getting this nervous over a little thing?!
 
   It took a while before she heard another voice from the other line. "Noona! Minwoo missed noona!" Mint heard Minwoo giggling from the other line.
 
   *My boyfriend's member misses me... While my own boyfriend can bear it without calling me.* She couldn't help but frown again.
 
   "Noona? You there?..." an unsure Minwoo asked.
 
   "Ahhh... Yes! Noona also missed you! How is everything going there?" She prayed hard that Minwoo would give the phone to Kwangmin. 
 
   *Wait. Why is he even holding my boyfriend's phone?!*
 
   "Minwoo, is your Kwangmin hyung there?!"
 
   "Hyung?" There was a long pause. She wasn't sure of it... but she thought she heard strange noises from the other line. It sounded as if someone was trying to get free from something... or someone.
 
   "He says he's busy right now." Mint blowed air through her fringe. "Oh! And noona! I and the hyungs are in Korea right now! We're going to have our comeback soon. You have to anticipate it, noona!"
 
   Just by listening to his excited voice, Mint can already imagine Minwoo jumping around the room. Everyone knew that too much excitement is bad for Minwoo. "Sure. Everyone has to do well... Understand?! And eat well... I know how hard your choreographer is to you whenever you guys are having your comeback."
 
   "Arasseo, noona! I'll tell the hyungs later! I have to go now, noona. Take care of yourself and wait for us! Annyeong!"
 
   "Ne. Be good, Minwoo. Annyeong!" After talking to her boyfriend's bandmate, she realized how much she missed Kwangmin. *You're dead, Kwangmin. You're dead!*