Final

We Met Again, and Love Bloomed (Kyusung Oneshot)

 

“The new kid is here? And he is causing quite a commotion due to his looks and artistic voice?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief.

“Yeah. He is pretty handsome and cute and his singing was literally perfect!” Donghae exclaimed but that only irritated Kyuhyun more.

“Ain’t he in our class?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

“Yes, I hear that he is going to report to our class later after settling some administrative matters with the principal.” Donghae answered.

“We will see then. I, Cho Kyuhyun, will then find out who is more perfect.” Kyuhyun stated as he strode out of the cafeteria, earning some giggles and squeals from the girls. He smirked and headed back to class as Donghae hurried after him.


 

“Ah, Kyuhyun-sshi and Donghae-sshi. You guys are finally here. Please take a seat. The new student will be here in the next period. Make sure you all give him a good impression.” Their form teacher, Park Jungsoo called out when the two of them entered the classroom.

“Yes, Teacher.” Both of them chorused as they bowed and made their way to their seats. Kyuhyun sat alone once again while Donghae sat next to a blonde haired guy named Eunhyuk.

“We shall start by going through the history test you had last Friday. The top scorer of this test is once again, Kyuhyun!” Jungsoo announced and the whole class cheered.

“Next, in second place, we have Donghae!”

“Third place, Ryeowook!”

“Fourth place, Sungmin!”

“Fifth place, Eunhyuk!”

“Sixth place, Siwon!”

“Seventh place, Kibum!”

“Eight place, Heechul!”

“Ninth place, Hankyung!”

“Tenth place, Zhou Mi!”

“Eleventh place, Henry!”

“Twelve place, Kangin!”

“Thirteenth place, Shindong!”

“Fourteenth place, Taeyeon!”

“Fifteenth place, Yuri!”

“Alright, that was all the top fifteen students. Seems like the guys managed to top the test once again. Don’t worry for those who didn’t managed to get top fifteen. Work hard and you all still have a chance to win them! Now, come and collect your test papers.”

“Yes, Teacher.” The whole class chorused as they lined up to take their test papers.

“Excuse me, is this class one?” A deep baritone voice interrupted. All of the students except Kyuhyun turned and saw a boy of their age standing by the door. He was extremely handsome with well defined facial features and his eyes were smiling. His lips were curved up into a small smile, his black messy hair covering part of his forehead. Dressed in the school uniform with a backpack hung over his shoulders, he looked unbelievably hot and y.

“Omo! He’s here!” One of the girls squealed and all of the girls started to whisper among themselves. Kyuhyun finally turned and he was shocked when he saw the newcomer.

“Annyeong, Cho Kyuhyun.” The newcomer smiled and greeted calmly while Kyuhyun’s eyes were bulging out.

“E-Err, Yesung-sshi, you guys know each other? Oh and everyone, this is our new student, Kim Jongwoon, otherwise known as Yesung.” Jungsoo introduced.

“I-Is it r-really you?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief.

“Pfft. Do I look like a ghost to you or do I look very fake?” Yesung scoffed.

“Oh my freaking god! You are real! Why didn’t you tell me that you will be back?!” Kyuhyun jumped around in joy suddenly as he lunged for Yesung.

“God, please forgive Kyuhyun for using your name in vain.” Siwon prayed and everyone started rolling their eyes at him.

“The same old Kyuhyun, I see.” Yesung chuckled as he ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair.

“O-Okay. Kyuhyun, please calm down. We ought to let Yesung make a proper introduction.” Jungsoo interrupted.

“R-Right.” Kyuhyun answered as he moved back to his previous standing spot.

“Alrighty students! Get back to your seats! Yesung, please introduce yourself.” Jungsoo kindly stated as he made Yesung stand in the center of the front of the classroom.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jongwoon imnida. I prefer to be called Yesung. I have just moved back to Korea from Canada and I can speak English very well. Other than English, I can also speak Mandarin since I took a Chinese class back in Canada.”

“Woah! Hi-five! I am from Canada too!” Henry shouted excitedly.

“Now we have someone else who can speak Chinese!” Zhou Mi exclaimed.

“Okay class. Calm down. We still have to find Yesung a seat. Looks like there is only one seat available. Yesung, please take a seat beside Kyuhyun.” Jungsoo announced. Kyuhyun waved Yesung over, a grin spreading on his face.

“When Donghae told me that the girls were swooning over a newcomer instead of me, I thought it was impossible. Now that it was you, it was no wonder. Seems like you are your same old self again, charming all the girls.” Kyuhyun stated while grinning.

“Says the one who got the whole school swooning after him too.” Yesung replies and chuckles.

“I know. We are both charming young men.” Kyuhyun announces and Yesung hit his arm playfully.

“Well, I am not as proud as you are.” Yesung rolled his eyes and said.

“Well, I am Cho Kyuhyun so what do you expect?”

“Nothing.”

“Yah! Kim Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun playfully pinches Yesung’s arm, making the latter wince in pain.

“AHEM- Kyuhyun and Yesung. Please focus on the lesson.” Jungsoo interrupts.

“Yes, Teacher.” Both of them replied. The lesson went on with no more words exchanged but both of them felt very comfortable around each other.


 

“Why didn’t you inform me that you will be back?” Kyuhyun asks curiously as he played around with Yesung’s turtle plushie. It was lunchtime now and they had a whole hour to themselves before the next lesson start. Thus, Kyuhyun and Yesung decided to stay in class to catch up with each other.

“Oh, I needed to do that? Who are you, my mom?” Yesung pretends to be innocent and asks.

“Sheesh. Cut your acting, Yesung. Just answer my question.”

“I wanted give you a surprise and it seemed like I did.”

“… But why did you come back? Aren’t you happy over in Canada? You were taking acting and singing courses, weren’t you? I thought you loved singing and acting. So why did you come back to good old Korea where there are boring classes?”

“I signed a contract.” Yesung answers, but he had another reason which he didn’t want to tell Kyuhyun. Yet.

“What?! A contract? What contract?!”

“I signed a contract with SM Entertainment. I am going to be a singer back here in Korea, which was why I came back. I will be attending school in the morning and leave for training after school. The company promised that I will debut in the next two years.”

“…Ouch. So that means I don’t get to see you a lot, doesn’t it?”

“Why don’t you audition too? Didn’t your umma want you to become a singer? That way, I can get the company to arrange training classes for us together and you can see me more. They seem to give me special treatment. You have a really great voice too. Remember that time when we were singing for my aunt’s wedding? Everyone praised you.”

 

Flashback

Kyuhyun ran past the couples and families who had arrived at the wedding ceremony. He scanned through the crowd of people and finally found who he was looking for. He ran up and gave the person a back hug.

“Jongwoonie hyung! Aren’t you excited? We are singing a duet for your aunt!”

“Of course, Kyuhyunnie! Don’t forget today is your tenth birthday too!” Jongwoon whirls around and ruffled the younger’s hair.

“Oh here you two are. Come on, you two are next!” Jongwoon’s mother ushers them over to the stage.

“Are you ready, hyung?” Kyuhyun asks innocently.

“Of course, Kyu. Come on up!” Yesung replies happily as he pulled Kyuhyun up.

The opening notes for the song sounded and both of them started getting so immersed in their singing. Their voices blended together perfectly and they hit the notes correctly. Everyone was so captivated by their singing. As the song slowly ended, the crowd of people started cheering and applauding.

“Omo! Kyuhyun-ah, your singing was so good! You are like Yesungie! Both of you sing so well!” Yesung’s mother exclaimed when they got down the stage.

“Thank you!” Kyuhyun answered shyly. More people made their way to Yesung and Kyuhyun and praised them while the two of them replied shyly.

End flashback

 

“I do remember. But… Being a singer takes more than just having a great voice, you know…” Kyuhyun admitted.

“It’s fine, Kyu. Take your time to think things through. I just remembered that my manager is waiting for me in the cafeteria so I will get going first. See you during the next lesson!” Yesung waved goodbye and left. Kyuhyun sighed as he moved to the window and watched the students below. His mother’s words echoed in his mind.

‘Kyuhyun-ah, I really wish to see you become a singer…You have such a great voice…’

“Umma, are you happy up there?” Kyuhyun asked softly as he stared at the sky. Tears rolled down his cheeks unconsciously but he wiped them away when he heard someone enter the class.

“Oh Kyuhyun-ah! So you are here… Where’s Yesung?” Kibum asked as he stood beside Kyuhyun.

“He is meeting his manager at the cafeteria.”

“Manager? What manager?”

“He is going to debut under SM Entertainment as a singer.”

“Oh SM? That’s the company that recruited me as an actor too! Guess I will be seeing Yesung around the company then.”

“Kibum, what do you think of me being a singer?” Upon hearing that, Kibum furrowed his eyebrows and turned to face Kyuhyun and he noticed Kyuhyun’s serious expression.

“If you really do become a singer, I will be really supportive of you. You can sing really well and I can see that you love singing too. Besides, I think your umma will be happy to know that you are fulfilling her wish.” Kibum responded.

“I see.”


 

“Excuse me, Siwon-sshi. But have you seen Kyuhyun around?” Yesung asked politely.

“Oh Yesung-sshi, just call me Siwon. But no, I haven’t seen Kyuhyun. I think I remembered seeing him leave in a rushed manner during lunchtime. What’s the matter?” Siwon asks curiously.

“Oh it’s nothing- Anyway, I am late for my appointment so I will get going first! Thanks!” Yesung ran down the school hallways hurriedly and sighed in relief when he noticed his manager standing at the school’s front gate.

“Manager-hyung!” Yesung shouts and his manager lifts his head up.

“There you are. Come on, you have to go for your vocal training already. By the way, a guy just turned up for an audition just now. He sang really well and the company accepted him straightaway. He is attending the vocal training with you today.” His manager informs.

“Oh.” Yesung answers disappointedly. He had wanted Kyuhyun to make up his mind and maybe go audition so that they could attend the trainings together. Now, it seems like he had to attend the trainings with some stranger. He sighs dejectedly as he follows his manager to the waiting car.

The driver dropped off Yesung and his manager at the company and both of them headed into the huge lobby. They took the elevator up to the sixth floor which the vocal studio is located at. His manager knocked on the door several times before a ‘come in’ was heard. The manager pushed open the door and asked Yesung to go in first, but Yesung was frozen in his spot.

“Yah! Yesung! What are you doing? Come in!” Kyuhyun shouted from inside the studio.

“Uhhh….” Yesung slowly stepped inside the studio and rubbed his eyes to see whether his eyesight had failed him or not.

“Pssh. I am Cho Kyuhyun, Yesung-sshi. You didn’t see wrongly.” Kyuhyun stated and he purposely used honorifics.

“Umm Yesung, I will leave you to train then. The vocal trainer will be here in 5 minutes.” His manager informed and Yesung waved him off.

“Cho. Kyu-”

“Hyun. I thought you asked me to audition? Why are you so shocked?” Kyuhyun continued Yesung’s sentence.

“You didn’t tell me!” Yesung exclaimed and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“You didn’t tell me you would be coming back to Korea too.”

“Ugh you are just the same old Cho Kyuhyun.”

“And you are the same old Kim Jongwoon too.”

“Pfft. My manager told me there will be some guy who will be attending vocal trainings with me and I actually thought it was some stranger. To think that it was you instead..”

“I didn’t expect them to put me in your vocal training classes either.”

“Alright Kim Jongwoon and Cho Kyuhyun right? I am your vocal trainer, Choi Kyusung.” A man interrupted them when he came into the studio. (A/N: There’s really a composer named Choi Kyusung. I think he composed T-ara’s y Love too. I found it amazing that someone was really named Kyusung, so I decided to add this in XD)

“KYUSUNG?” Both of asked, bewildered.

“Oh, it is really quite a coincidence that my name is actually both your names combined. Sounds like a typical pairing for boy groups though.”

“Uhh…Yes…” Yesung answered awkwardly.

“I am also a composer, so some of the songs you two are singing will be composed by me. But, first of all, let’s start our training, shall we?”


 

“I am so tired after that dance training and vocal training. Want to grab a bite somewhere?” Yesung asked.

“Oh I can’t. I have to talk to that irritating manager regarding my debut details and dorm.”

“Alright then and get going. I will head to a nearby food stall for dinner. Bye!” Yesung waved and skipped off, leaving Kyuhyun alone.

Kyuhyun shook his head at the older’s cheerful personality and headed off to find his manager.

“Manager-hyung, I am here. I heard that you wanted to tell me the details about my debut and dorm?”

“Oh right. Regarding your debut, the company has decided that you will debut within two years along with another trainee. The trainee has yet to be decided, but most probably, it will be Yesung. And for your dorm, you have to share a dorm with another trainee. I am not sure who, but the management just told me that it would be on the eighth floor of the dorm building, number 189. The address is here and you have to move in tomorrow afternoon.” His manager instructed.

“I see! Thanks manager-hyung!” Kyuhyun chirped happily. The prospect of debuting with Yesung was making him feel like the most blessed person on Earth. He skipped out of the building and hailed a cab home.


 

“Excuse me! Is anyone here?” Kyuhyun shouted from outside the dorm apartment.

“I’m coming!” A familiar voice shouted back and the door flung open a few seconds after.

“Oh hi Kibummie. Seems like I am your roommate.” Kyuhyun said when he recognized the person standing in front of him.

“…”

“Since when did you become mute?”

“I…you-I mean when did you become a trainee?”

“Yesterday? I auditioned.”

“Oh…I see… Come in then.” Kibum moved away from the door and made some space that allowed Kyuhyun to enter.

“Where’s my room?”

“It’s down the hallway, beside the room with an alphabet ‘K’ on the door.”

“I got it. I am going to unpack.” Kyuhyun answers.

Kyuhyun stepped into the small, plain room. The walls were painted all white and there was a single bed in there. There was also a shelf, table, a closet and a dressing table. That was all he needed to have in a room anyway. He carefully placed down his luggage and headed over to the window.

“Phew. Luckily, I am not staying with some stranger. I am glad that it was Kibum..” Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief.

“…Is that you, Kyuhyun?” A husky voice interrupted him and Kyuhyun jumped a little. Where did that voice come from? He inched closer to the window and looked outside. Uhh…

“Yesung?!”

“Hi Kyuhyun!”

“You live in the dorm beside me?”

“Yeah, it is such a coincidence that I heard you talking to yourself.”

“Oh. By the way, what schedule do you have today?”

“Oh, I have no schedules for today. The company gave me a day off. Like every Tuesday.”

“Ouch. I still have vocal training. And I only get my day off every Wednesday.”

“Kyuhyun, who are you talking to?” Kibum peeks inside his room and slowly looked out of the window too.

“Oh hi Yesung-sshi!” Kibum exclaims when he saw Yesung’s head popping out of the window of the dorm beside.

“Hi Kibum!”

“Seems like you guys have something hidden from me huh?” Kibum whispers to Kyuhyun.

“Huh? What?”

“Aren’t you guys like dating or what? Like you joined the company because of Yesung too, do you really think I don’t know? And you become all hyper and happy when Yesung’s around. Everyone in class could see that, you know…”

“…Really?”

“Yep. But anyways, I have a schedule to attend, so see you!” Kibum happily skipped out of the room.

“Uhh Kyuhyun, what did Kibum talk to you about?” Yesung asked curiously. Luckily, they were each in their separate dorms or else Yesung would had seen Kyuhyun’s red cheeks.

“E-Err…N-Nothing…B-Bye!” Kyuhyun closed the window and immediately heaved a huge sigh of relief. He settled down on his bed and started thinking. Dating? No. But feelings wise, does he really feel anything for his best friend? He was really happy that Yesung came back and whenever Yesung was around, he feels excited and hyped up. Isn’t that what friends feel for each other? No, wait. He doesn’t feel like that when Sungmin, his other best friend in class was around…So, he really does harbor special feelings for Yesung? But wasn’t Yesung just his best friend? Like they had known each other since they were five because they were neighbors and they had grown up together until Yesung decided to leave for Canada. Sure, he did miss Yesung a lot, but he thought that was normal for a best friend. If he really does like-or love Yesung, wouldn’t their friendship be destroyed? He sighed deeply as he glanced at the clock.

It was time for training. He hurriedly changed into fresh clothes and left the dorm, shutting the door behind him.


 

“What the hell is wrong with you, Cho Kyuhyun! Can’t you concentrate on the song?! If you have any personal business on your mind like you just broke up or can’t confess or whatever, don’t think about it right now! If you really want to debut as a singer, you better get your priorities right!” His vocal trainer shouted furiously.

“I am sorry.” Kyuhyun replies half-heartedly.

“Ugh! Look at your state! Can you even focus right now?! No! I think you better go back and rest for the day! When you come for training on Thursday, I expect you to be able to focus and sing properly!” The vocal trainer demanded and left the studio soon after. Kyuhyun sighed and grabbed his backpack before he left the studio too. Suddenly, his hand phone rang. He took his phone out of his pocket and saw that he had a new message.

From: TurtleLoverYesungie

To: EvilChoKyuhyun

How’s your training? I heard that the vocal trainer was pissed off by your performance. >.< What’s wrong? You have to tell your best friend forever, you know! Reply me ASAP!  

~

From EvilChoKyuhyun

To: TurtleLoverYesungie

Sorry, but I can’t tell you. This is something I will have to figure out myself.


 

Yesung sighs once again when he received the message from Kyuhyun. What is possibly troubling Kyuhyun that he couldn’t concentrate? He picks up his phone once again and dialled a different number.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hello Kyusung-sshi. I am Yesung.”

“Oh Yesung-sshi, is there a problem?”

“I want to ask about Kyuhyun.”

“…Kyuhyun? Regarding the matter today?”

“Yes. Can you tell me what’s wrong?”

“Ugh that kid. He was too engrossed in thinking and he looked so upset. It looks like he was heartbroken or he couldn’t decide on something. Guess it’s about his love life. Even after I scolded him, he didn’t give much of a response, so I gave him the day off…” Yesung’s heart sunk at the words ‘heartbroken’ and ‘love life’. Was Kyuhyun really in love with someone else? he had always had a crush on Kyuhyun since he was young and he had really missed Kyuhyun when he was in Canada, which was the main reason he came back to Korea. And now...Kyuhyun loved someone else?

"Hello? Yesung-sshi? Are you still there?

“I see, Kyusung-sshi. Thanks and I will see you tomorrow for vocal training.” Yesung finally answers.

“See you.”

And at that moment, a tear slid down Yesung’s cheek. Kyuhyun had grown all up already. He was in love. In love with someone else other than him…

He moves to the window and looks up at the sky, reaching his hand out, wanting to pluck the single star that was shining so brightly.

“You are just like a star out of my reach…” By this time, Yesung couldn’t stop his tears from flowing already. He sobbed loudly, not caring if his roommate, Onew, could hear him. (A/N: Yeah, rmb Yeusng lives in SM’s dorm? He lives with Onew)

“Yesung? Hyung? What’s wrong?” Someone asks worriedly. Yesung didn’t have to guess to know who that person is.

“NOTHING! C-CHO KYU-HYUN! J-JUST GO AWAY! G-GO AND FIND Y-YOUR G-GIRLFRIEND OR SOME-THING!” Yesung choked out the words while sobbing as he slams the window shut.

“Yesung hyung! What happened?!” Onew bursts into his room, shocked by his outburst.

“Leave me, Onew…” Yesung cried.

“Alright hyung! Calm down and call me when you need help!” Onew retreats from the room after glancing worriedly at Yesung once again. He sighs as he picks up his phone and dialed a number. It didn’t take long for the other person to answer.

“Kibum? Yesung’s crying.”

“Oh really? No wonder Kyuhyun looked so worried. He must had heard Yesung.”

“What do I do now? I can’t possibly deal with the crying all night.”

“Honestly speaking, I don’t know. Why not let Kyuhyun go over and settle things with Yesung? I think this whole thing have to do with Kyuhyun.”

“Alright then. I guess I have to go over to your dorm while they settle things. Send Cho over now.”

“I got it, Sir!” Kibum shouts jokingly into the phone. Onew chuckles a little before hanging up. Soon enough, knocks could be heard from the front door. He slips into his shoes and opened the door.

“I am leaving Yesung to you now.”


 

“Yesungie?” Kyuhyun asks gently as he enters the room. Yesung whips his head around and Kyuhyun was shocked at what he saw. The older man was a crying mess. His eyes were swollen from all the crying and his shirt was wet from all the tears.

“W-What are you doing here?! Go find the person you love!”

“Person I love?”

“Don’t you love someone else? Kyusung told me that you were heartbroken or something!”

“Is that why you are crying?”

“N-No! Go away!”

“Yesung…” Kyuhyun called out again as he inched closer to the elder. However, the elder was about to shout at him again when something stopped him. Kyuhyun crashed his lips against his. Yesung stayed shock in that position but managed to push Kyuhyun away. Blushing, he stuttered, “W-Why did y-you do t-that?”.

“You know, Yesungie, if I ever loved anyone, that would be you.” Kyuhyun smirked and says.

“…”

“Is that a confession?”

“What do you think?”

“I hate you.”

“I know. I love you too.” Kyuhyun smiles before leaning in to kiss Yesung once again. This time, Yesung didn’t push Kyuhyun away but he responded to the kiss. It was passionate, full of emotions. Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around Yesung’s neck, deepening the kiss and both of them got engaged into a tongue fight. They only broke apart to catch their breath.

“I love you.” Yesung whispers shyly and Kyuhyun pulls the blushing male into his tight embrace, never wanting to let go again.


 

Bolded= English

“Are you serious? Woah, I didn’t know Kyuhyun was so cheesy. He really said ‘You are my everything, my love, my heart belongs to you and you belong to me only. You are forever mine.’?” Henry asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, he was sooooo cheesy I almost vomited…”

“You are sooo lucky, Yesungie hyung! Mimi doesn’t sweet talk me like that!”

“YAH!” Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi both shouted because they heard their names.

“Why are you two talking in English? At least talk in Chinese! Then I can understand…” Zhou Mi complained.

“But I don’t know Chinese!” Kyuhyun protests.

“You are stupid then.” Yesung mutters cheekily.

“I know, Sungie. I am clever and you love me for that!” Kyuhyun grins and leans down to peck Yesung's lips.

“AHEM!” Henry and Zhou Mi coughs and Yesung blushed before he pushed Kyuhyun away.

“Aren’t you two lovebirds the same too?” Kyuhyun scoffs.

“YAH!”

END


 

Okay! TADA! Heres the oneshot! I at writing story descriptions so don’t kill me if this wasn’t what you wanted!!

Kyuhyun: You are a bad author!

Me: AHEM! *coughs awkwardly* Kyu, behave or I will kidnap Yesung!

Kyuhyun: NO! YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT!

Me: I am the author, you know. I can do anything I want.

Kyuhyun: *runs away to protect Yesung*

Me: *laughs awkwardly* Err, ignore that. Kyuhyun is always so evil! Haha…

Yesung: Author-nim! HELP! Kyuhyun’s hugging me too tightly!

Me: Uhhh I have to go help Yeye so bye for now!! (Comments are appreciated! XD)