one

Starlight

Joo won had been involved with so many musicals recently I felt like I hadn't seen him for months. In actual fact I have- watching him on stage-, but I haven't had time alone with him since he started committing to musicals, one after another. 

Humming, I placed the basket of side dishes and fruits in to the refrigerator. He had probably been stuffing himself with ramyun for a long time now; a change of food would be good.

Walking towards the living room, I found Joo Won seated on the couch. Slowly, I creeped up behind him and threw my arms around him. " Did you miss me?" I whispered.

The corners of his mouth curved upwards as he deliberately bumped his head in to mine, shaking his head. Wincing, I hopped on to the spot beside him and complained how he seemed to have taken on musicals as his new girlfriend. Throwing the script he was holding on to the coffee table, I pulled him to our spot in the open air balcony. 

Joo Won tsked as he plopped down on to the sofa. Seeing that I was upset, he cast a charming smile in the hopes of cheering me up. My heart pounded furiously while trying to ignore him.

"While directors still want me, I should take the chance," he shrugged. " If you're that upset, I'll buy you that necklace we saw. It was so pretty. You liked it, didn't you?"

"Materials goods are just 'wants'", I protested. 

"And I'm a need?" His eyes twinkled as he finished my sentence.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Honestly, I understood Joo Won's rationale. The arts industry was fickle. I had heard enough stories of actors and actresses thrown in to the spotlight- and forgotten within a short span of time- to understand how it worked. I just... felt a little neglected after so long. Heh.

Letting out a yawn, he rubbed his eyes as he apologised sheepishly. I softened as I caught a glimpse of his eye bags.

"Here, lean on my shoulder and sleep", I gestured.

"You're too short for me to do that", he chuckled. I glared at him and stuck my tongue out. He smiled, ruffling my hair.

As we sat there, looking at the stars, he laced his fingers with mine. A surge of elation rushed thorough me for the umpteenth time as I felt myself dissolving at his touch. Leaning against him, I sighed contentedly. Basked in a comfortable silence, he rested his chin on my head.

We remained in that position for the rest of the night.