Promise.

Promise

 

The phone rang and it was one of those lazy, sluggish days, which he almost had forgotten they could still exist in their tight schedules. The tune seemed familiar and it kept going until it eventually stopped died down. But it didn't keep quiet for longer and started again. When Yoseob noticed that it was his own mobile phone, which was ringing nonstop, he got out of the armchair he was sitting in, up onto his feet and shuffled over to it. As he took a glance at the display of his smartphone which lit up while it was ringing, he rubbed his eye with his other hand and picked up, without even checking properly who the caller was.

"Yoboseyo?" he answered the phone in a not so cheerful tone and rather bored. "Hyung!" a deeper voice from the other side sounded through the phone and Yoseobs eyes widened as he recognized the voice immediately. He pulled the phone back from his ear again, staring at the name that was showing on the display and just wanted to check if he guessed right. A big grin plastered on his face and he put the phone back to his ear. "N-neh?" he asked as his friend on the other side of the phone kept asking if he was there.

"It’s Daniel. Seob, are you free right now? I'm just coming back from schedules and am around, sooo...I was thinking of you when I remembered that BEAST's dorm is nearby and...w-well. Just, do you have time...now?" he tried to form any proper sentences between all that stuttering and Yoseob couldn't decline and told him to come over as soon as possible. He quickly hurried into his and the members bedroom and changed into some better looking pants, which tightly fit around his legs and behind and also into a black fitted T-shirt, because he had just been sitting around in his pajamas all day up until now. As he was about to fix his hair, which wouldn't lay the way he wanted it to lie, the doorbell rang and he just gave up on it. It was just Daniel anyways.

He opened the door and frowned as it was Doojoon, having forgotten something and he rushed past by Yoseob to get it out of the living room and before he left he gave Yoseob a quick glance-over. "What did you make yourself so pretty for?" he was teasing him, just because he had seen earlier how messy and lazily he was lying around. "Yah...for nothing." Yoseob responded and shoved Doojoon out, telling him to leave or he'll get too late. So he did.

Yoseob paced around, he felt nervous since he hadn't seen Daniel in quite some months due to being busy by his tight schedules and flights through all of Asia and also Daniel had been busy while he was in Dalmatian and now even moved to another entertainment, which surely consumed a lot of time. The doorbell rang another time and as well as the first time he rushed to the door as quick as possible and opened the door for Daniel. A big smile was drawn on his face and he couldn't help himself but tackle the friend in front of him he hadn't seen in what seemed like forever.

"I missed you." said Yoseob as he hugged him tightly and Daniels arms wrapped around Yoseob as well. "I missed you too." he admitted and Yoseob pulled back to let Daniel in, apologizing for the mess in the dorm but Daniel just grinned and told him he was used to mess because of his own members. Yoseob took Daniels hand into his own as he pulled him into the living room and offered him to sit on the couch. Daniel showed him a bag and pulled out some coffee he got on his way, handing Yoseob one. "Here, for you, Hyung." he said and smiled, sipping at his own coffee.

They chatted and laughed for a while, talking about what happened lately and Yoseob especially emphasized how stressful it got for him and as a short moment of silence was lingering between them, Yoseob spoke up again. "Do you remember the video message you sent me a year ago?" he asked and wondered if he might have forgotten it already. Daniel nodded. "Of course I do." he said with a confident yet broken smile as he could remember his words very well and added, "I promised to meet you on top."

Yoseob didn't look up at him, but stared down at his cup of coffee while he was turning the hot beverage in his hands, nodding in response. "But you never did." Yoseob said and bit his lip and he knew it was selfish of him to be disappointed at such a thing and that it had been especially hard for Daniel lately. "I'm sorry." Daniel said and moved closer, pulling his Hyung closer as he wrapped his arm around Yoseobs shoulder. "It went different than planned." he smiled and glanced down at Yoseob, who was resting his head against Daniels shoulder. "I know...and I'm sorry for expecting so much...I just-...I was-...I waited." he finished his sentence and closed his eyes as Daniel started playing with Yoseobs hair.

Daniel felt guilty as he heard those words and wished he could make it better somehow. "Forgive me." he said and shifted to place his cup of coffee aside and placed his hands on Yoseobs cheeks, tilting his head upwards so he would face him. The latter’s brows furrowed as he wondered what the heck his friend would be doing as the other stared intently into his eyes. A faint pink was painted over Yoseobs cheeks and his body heated up as Daniel was close. Actually he was too close for Yoseobs own good and he has never been that kind of close in such a serious situation. "Hyung..." Daniel started again and was cut off by Yoseobs lips as they suddenly pressed against his own in a light kiss.

That was surely not what Daniel had planned to happen today, but it was not like he was against it either. He slid his eyes shut just like the other did when he had kissed him and he wrapped his arms around Yoseobs waist, pulling him closer. As Daniel pulled back again, he murmured against Yoseobs lips "I'm sorry for making you wait." he said with the sweetest smile he ever had. Yoseob blinked and as his mind was finally processing what he just did and that they were still too close for his own good, he pressed a hand against Daniels cheek and turned his head away. His face got redder in embarrassment and he mumbled a quiet 'Shut up'.