Punishment

Black and White

“How many times have I told you all to not to act harshly? Do you know how risky it is for you all to use violence in school? If this gets into media, you will never ever going to appear in the media again.”  Miss Takahashi reprimanded a serious look on her face.

 

The boys remained silent.

 

Miss Takahashi continued, “You must understand that after this, you all still have to attend the program to introduce ‘Resonance’ and what will the people think about all these wounds on your face?”

 

“But we can just cover them with make-up!” Yamada protested.

 

“How much can make-up do? And light make-up can’t do much. And not to mention, what if the people see your face without make-up?” Miss Takahashi gave Yamada a stern look.

 

Yamada turned away, making Like-I-care look but Mai somehow sense that he was hiding his true feelings.

 

“Do you understand?”

 

“Yes…” The boys replied, reluctantly. They soon went back to their seats.

 

“Girls, you can just take any empty seats.”

 

The three girls bow in return before turning to the direction of back of the class. They scanned through the tables and chairs. Rin was the first to make a move; she took a seat next to inoo.  Inoo was hiding his smile under the manga book he was reading. He was happy that Rin decides to sit beside him. But he did not know that Rin just sat beside him because she was interested in the manga he was reading.

 

  “Inoo-san, Can I borrow your manga?” Rin asked, pointing to the manga in Inoo’s hand. Inoo was too happy so he immediately passes the manga book to her. Rin thanked him before being engrossed in the manga.

 

 Sayuri was next; she went to Yuto’s side and sat down.  She thinks that as Yuto is her guide, she should sit beside him. Yuto gave Sayuri a thin smile and continue to play his Nintendo DS. Sayuri then notice that the guy who is sitting in front of her had brought a very big bag that was for guitar.

 

 

Two seats left… Mai was thinking very hard.  One seat beside Chinen and Yuya. Another one beside Yamada. Mai then notice that she was still carrying Chinen’s bunny ears hair band and spectacle so she went to sit beside Chinen and Yuya. Chinen gave her a puzzled look and then noticed the things in her hands. Mai then passed him, his stuffs, and sat down on the chair. 

 

“Thanks.” Chinen said as he fished out a Math Olympian book. He put on his black spectacle and his bunny ears hair band before starting to solve the math problems.  Mai’s eyes widen a little,” How can he solve such a difficult math problem?” She then remember that Chinen have many As for his studies. She turns to look at another person beside her. Yuya was still playing with his red power ranger toy. He seems to smiling and talking to himself. He then brings out a box and opens it. There are many different types of toys inside which look like they cost only 100 yen.

 

Mai’s eyebrow twitched. She realized that she was being surrounded by weirdo. Mai is very talkative but she can’t talk with these people, can she? She doesn’t know  how their conversations will be like…

 

 

Mai’s imagination…

Here is the conversation she thinks that will be held if she talks to Chinen, “Chinen-kun, you are doing Math problem right?”

 

 “Yes.”

 

Sugoii ne? It looks hard to solve.”

 

Chinen looked up from the book and send Mai a You-Do-Not- Know-such- an –Easy-question face. “Not really. This question is really easy…” Chinen explained the solution but what Mai heard was just a list of words. Her mind was totally blank. Chinen saw her face and said sarcastically, ”You are hopeless.”

 

Here is the other conversation with Yuya.

“Takaki-san, what are you playing?”

“Huh?! You talking to me?! I am not Takaki Yuya, I am power ranger red! And I am not free to talk to you! I have to save the world from monsters!”

 

End of wild imaginations.

“The girls! Can you come here for a while?” the strong voice of Miss Takahashi could be heard.

“Yes…? “ Sayuri stand up and walked to the front of the classroom. Rin was so engrossed in the manga that she did not hear Miss Takahashi. Inoo called out to her but then realized that she has her earpiece in her ears. The music was at a full blast. So he tapped her on her shoulder, Rin then put down the manga and took out her earpiece.

 

“Hm?”

 

“The old hag is calling you.”

 

“Old hag?”

 

“Miss Takahashi.”

 

“Oh, but she is not old. She is only in her twenties.”

 

Rin stood up and went to the front.

 

Mai was still caught in her own imagination so she blocked out all the surrounding noise.

 

“Miss Suzuki?” Miss Takahashi called out.

 

Mai was not even moving an inch.

 

“Hm. She is day dreaming.” Yuya said staring at Mai.

 

“Eh…She looked so spaced out.” Chinen poked Mai’s left cheek.

 

Mai was deep in her thoughts.

 

“Sigh… I have to do this then.” Yuya said as he picked up his power ranger toy. “Transform! I am power ranger red! Here I go!” Yuya swing the power ranger toy around before using the toy’s head to hit Mai’s fore head.

 

“Ittai! Ittai! What are you doing? It hurts you know? And I am not a monster!” Mai screamed, standing up, rubbing her forehead.

 

“It’s not my fault! The old hag is calling you!” Yuya shouted back.

 

Mai wanted to retort but she control herself, she turned to Miss Takahashi and her friends, who were waiting for her so she ran to them.

 

“Ok, girls, can you go to the infirmary to take some plasters and antiseptic?”

 

“Why us? We are not familiar with the school…”

 

“You might not know this but I have never let the boys to go out of the classroom expect for toilets which is just beside the classroom. And when I send them to school, I will drop them in front of this school building so no students, no teachers will know our secrets.”

 

“So you are saying that it is very risky for them to go themselves? Ok, we understand.”

 

“The infirmary is in the normal school building, which is a 10 minutes walk from this building.”

 

“Ok. We are going now.”

 

Soon, the door of the classroom is shut, the sounds of footsteps faded.

 

“What is your intention of telling them to go to the normal school building? We have everything you say here.” Yabu asked Miss Takahashi in curiosity, pointing to the wooden cardboard at the corner of the class. The boys wait for the answer while staring at her.

 

“Well, since I have something to announce. Mr. Johnny is attending tonight program so you have to act perfectly. You want Mr. Johnny to find out and being fired? You all know that without money, your future will be destroyed. Don’t you?”

 

The boys remained silence as they hanged their heads. Miss Takahashi then passed every script for that day program to them. The boys flipped through, remembering what they are supposed to tell and do.

 

-…-

 

“Miss Takahashi is weird when she asked us to take the things right?”

 

“Yeah, I think so too. How can they don’t have plasters and antiseptic in that building? I feel that they fight a lot. So there should be.”

 

“I know! It is weird. So like every time they fight, Miss Takahashi has to run to the normal school building to take the stuffs? I can’t believe this. And it is 10 minutes away.”

 

“I can’t even believe the Jumps’ true characteristics. Especially my idol!”

 

“I don’t mind Daiki and Inoo though.” Rin said.

 

“Yuto is not talkative as I thought he will be. And I wonder why the school is so big! My legs hurt!” Sayuri whined.

 

“Too big indeed. Serve you right for not exercising.”

 

The three girls continued the random talk.

 

Soon, the girls reached the infirmary.  The teacher- in -charge handed them the stuffs that Sayuri asked for. The girls thanked the teacher and walked back to the classroom. Eventually, they reached 3AAA.

 

“I think I will lose 1 kg today.” Mai joked, opening the classroom door.

 

 “Oh, good timing. Girls, I want you all to stop the Jumps’ members from to doing stupid stuffs.” 

 

“Huh?!” The girls chorused.

 

The ten boys stared at Miss Takahashi, shocked.

“Well, we cannot let this secret slipped out since you all have been fighting too much.  I will punish the thirteen of you.”

 

“Us too?” Rin asked.

 

“What? Who gives you permission to do that?” Hikaru shouted, “This is my life! I want to follow my own way!” Hikaru was not satisfied, he flounced to Miss Takahashi but luckily, Yabu stop his friend before Hikaru can do anything recklessly.

 

“But doesn’t too much?” Ryutaro asked.

 

“You are controlling US!” Yuya said not satisfied either.

 

“With the stupid rules of yours.” Inoo added.

 

“We can’t do so many things already, we can’t have PE in the sun, we can’t have other friends, we can’t buy food from the canteen, and we can’t have what we call freedom. Doesn’t it good enough?” Chinen asked coldly.  “I can’t even go to the library or the national library.”

 

“Then what is more important? Freedom or money and frame? There are so many people go there who want money easily like you all do. If it’s not because of your face, Johnny won’t hire you. He does not even know your characters. So make use of it. “

 

Now, the boys remained silence. They know why they agree to be the idols even though they had to act all day long.

 

“Since you understand, here are you punishment for using violence just now, go and wash the boys’ toilets.”

 

“We must do that too?” Sayuri asked in her meek voice.

 

The older woman nodded in reply.