January - Wish.

A Year to Remember (REWRITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She gazed out of the window, watching the small, bluish-white snowflakes fall from the pitch-black sky. Her fingers repeatedly tapped the mahogany brown desk she sat next to as she waited. Every night, she waited. Never moving her eyes from the window, lest she miss it yet again.

This year was going to be different. Her bones tingled in anticipation for the changes she was going to make in her life. No more would she rely on petty friends, useless boys, or her unreasonable parents. Her own talents would pave her way to success and there would be nothing to distract her.

Absolutely nothing.

Suddenly, a light flashed in the pitch-black sky. The bright white light streaked across the sky, its yellow tail just barely visible. She closed her eyes and smiled triumphantly to herself. So it begins.

--

The bell rang to signal the end of class. The teacher and students noisily left together in groups, leaving her alone in the classroom. She began stuffing her notebooks, textbooks, and pencil case into her backpack. In her haste, a light blue paper fluttered to the floor.

"I'm glad to see you aren't ditching school anymore."

She looked up into the stern face of the one person who knew. The one person who had helped her escape. The one person who had never let her down.

"I was worried when you didn't come back after winter break ended. But I guess I shouldn't have. Knowing you, you would've planned your return. So what is it this time?" He stared at the paper he had picked up, skimming through the minor details. A low chuckle escaped his lips when he saw his name in the space labeled Guardian. "You do realize that I can't be your guardian in a legal sense. Even though you've run away, your parents are still lawfully responsible for everything you do. Then again, your family doesn't follow the rules anyway."

"Shut up, Ryeowook. You're old enough to be my guardian. Now give that back."

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow and smiled mischievously. "A guardian has to sign this. Were you planning on forging my signature? I thought we promised to start anew."

She hated his smart-aleck tone. She hated his confident, glowing aura. She hated how he was always right. But then again, she wouldn't have the courage to continue if it wasn't for his constant, unwavering support.

Flashback Start

"You're trash."

Those first words stung. But the following words bit and tore at her heart.

"You get everything you want because your parents are rich and the teachers treat you nicely so that the school continues to receive donations."

"Jiyeon, stop it."

But that wretched, so-called "best friend" o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter