This Morning

This Morning

 

 

 You hear your phone vibrate, on your mahogany nightstand, next to you and you reach over to pick it up.  You notice the text is from Jinki and you instantly check it.

 

__________________________

To: You

From: The One

Sorry Hun, I am going to be
coming back late, so don’t wait
up for me. I love you. Night <3

Received: 11:05 p.m
__________________________

 

You sigh.

 

Once again, the same text comes to your phone, but you’re not surprised that this has happened. Being an idol is major part of his life, just like you being his wife for the past two years.

 

__________________________

To: The One

From: You

Alright, just be safe.
I’ll keep your side warm for
you. c: I love you too. <3

Sent: 11:08 p.m

___________________________

 

You press send, plug your phone to its charger, and place it back on the night stand.

 

You crawl over to Jinki’s side of the bed and lay down on his pillow, inhaling his scent. After all these years that the both of you have been together, you could never pinpoint a certain smell being the same on as his. All you know is that it’s his smell and it smells like home.  

 

Unknowingly, you fall asleep.

 

A slight noise emitting from the bathroom wakes you up and you squint your eyes to see his silhouette in front of the sink. The light goes off and you hear his footsteps coming towards the bed and the bed dips.

 

You turn onto your side, facing away from him and you feel his lips kissing your nape and his arms make their way around your torso and his head rests on your shoulder.

 

Contently, you lean back into his embrace and you fall back asleep.

 

Hours later, you wake up, surprisingly on your side of the bed, with Jinki’s arm on your back. You turn on your side, facing his sleeping body.

 

His face is turned towards you, with his pink lips, puffed out and his bangs sprawled out over his eyes.

 

You reach forward and lightly brush his bangs out of his face, accidently touching his nose. His nose twitches and mumbles “..you..not them”

 

That was one of the toughest moments in your relationship.

 

We had been dating for three years when Jinki decided to pop the question and propose. Soon after, SM found out that he had proposed and decided that it was right for the both of us to have a press conference and address the public.

 

The public had known that Jinki was dating, but they didn’t know who.

 

Or her color.

 

Once the public found out that you were black, responses and comments flooded the SHINee fan page and other forum sites.

 

OnewChickenLover says:

Why would he want to marry a girl like that anyways?!?
She’s so ugly! Onew oppa, you can do so much better!

유ㅡ유

____________________________________________

다햬 says:

>.< 오빠 왜???

(Why oppa?)

____________________________________________

Mrs.LeeJinki says:

이진기 내꺼야!

(Lee Jinki, you’re mine!)

You should’ve married anyone but that
monkey, black girl! 아이구!

_____________________________________________

 

You tried your best to ignore the comments, so Jinki would not worry about you, but there’s so much you could take.

 

____________________________________________

SHINeeUnited says:

CALLING OUT TO SHINEE WORLD!
Everyone who is fed up about Onew being engaged
to this thing, please sign our suicide petition below.
Please spread the word! Thanks

Suicide Petition: Click Here

_____________________________________________

 

You broke down in front of your laptop.

 

“Hey bab- What’s wrong? Tell me!”

 

“THEY WANT ME DEAD!”

 

“What?”

 

 “Your fans hate me… All of your hard work is gone because of me,” you cried in your hands.

 

He glanced down at the laptop and slammed it shut and pulled you to face him.

 

“Look at me. I’m not marrying them. I’m marrying you! I fell deeply in love with you and I want you to be by my side for the rest of my life. No one is or going to take you away from me. If they’re my real fans, they would support me in whatever I do. Don’t look or listen to them because deep down inside, they’re just jealous. This will pass over; I don’t know when, but it will. Just remember that I love you.”

 

At that moment, you fell deeper in love with him.

 

You slide out of the bed, making sure you don’t wake him up, and make your way to the bathroom. In your peripheral, you see the calendar. You stop and begin to stare at it.

 

Hmmm…wait what’s today?

 

The calendar silently replies, “November 8th”.

 

That’s weird. I’ve never been a week late.

 

You glance down at your stomach.

 

It would be interesting if I was pregnant, but we haven’t made love in a while.

 

You smile to yourself and look back at Jinki, sprawled out on the bed and you see the Show Champion, first place trophy on the dresser across from the bed.

 

….hold up….

 

We did.

 

You were waiting backstage at Show Champion, for SHINee to get off stage, after winning first place.

 

“Choco-unni? Are they coming back now?” Areum, one of SHINee’s makeup artists, cutely asked.

 

“Yeah they are,” you replied and smiled towards her.

 

Yes, she calls you  “Choco-unni”; even though you’ve told her your name, she insists to call you by that name.

 

 At first it bothered you, but now you find it adorable.

 

There was a time when you were fed up and asked her why “Choco”, thinking she was trying to be racist. She simply replied that you always smell like chocolate chip cookies and you’re sweet like Jinki. At first you didn’t believe it, but you realized how nice she acted towards you and everyone else around her.

 

The boys ran into the room, greeted you, and Jinki came up to you and spun you around.

 

“Babe, I can’t believe it! Everything worked out.”

 

“Congratulations. I told you that the comeback is going to be a hit. You need to listen to me more,” you said and tapped him on his nose.

 

“Yes, mam!”

 

“Onew hyung, manager hyung said that since we won first place, we can take a week off,” Minho said.

 

“Really? A whole week?”

 

“Yup!” Minho replied and went back to mess with Taemin.

 

Jinki turned and looked back down at you.

 

“With all this free time now, we can do something that I have in mind,” he smirked.

 

“What do you have in mind?” you smirked back.

 

“Oh you know,” he replied with a sly grin on his face and leaned down to kiss you.

 

You continue your way to the bathroom and close the door. From under the sink, you pull out and emergency pregnancy kit that your mother-in-law insisted for you to have. You take it out and do whatever you have to do and set the stick on the counter, while you flush the toilet.

 

Three minutes could not go any slower.

 

You peek down at the stick and a little pink plus mark comes out on the screen.

 

You can’t help but to squeal and grin to yourself. You quickly clasp your hands over your mouth, remembering your passed out husband.

 

We’re going to have adorable babies….beautiful blasian babies…how cute… Now all is left is to tell him.

 

You hide the pregnancy test and the box, somewhere he wouldn’t find it and walk out of the bathroom to find Jinki slowly getting out of bed.

 

“Morning my love,” you call out.

 

“Morning,” he grunts and he drags his legs to the bathroom.

 

You decide to tell him during breakfast, so you make your way to the kitchen to make his favorite food. Minutes later, Jinki walks into the kitchen and kisses you on the forehead and leans back against the counter, watching you cook.

 

“Something smells good… wait a minute, you’re making all of my favorite food. Is there something going on?”

 

“Nope. But I do have to tell you something.”

 

“Huh….okay? What is it?”

 

You place all of the food on the table and both of you sit down at the table. He begins to eat, while you begin to watch for his reaction.

 

“Ohh this is so good.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“So what did you want to tell me?” he asks, munching on rice.

 

“…I’m pregnant.”

 

He chokes on his food and you pat him on the back and give him a glass of water. Once you’re sure he’s still alive, you sit back in your chair and watch him blink at you.

 

“…You’re pregnant?”

 

“Yeah…..are you happy?”

 

He stares at you for a moment and a smile begins to grow on his face. It wasn’t just any smile; it was the kind where he smiles so big, his cheeks are puffed out so much that you couldn’t see his eyes. He jumps up from his chair and pulls you into a hug.

 

“Happy? I’m more than happy. Thank you,” he cries into your neck. He leans back up and stares down into your eyes.

 

“Our baby is going to be cute, you know that right?”

 

“Of course.”

 

 


 

A/N

Hope you guys like it!

Comment, Upvote (whatever that is LOL), Share, and stuff