I love you

Song of Love

 Memories. They will always remain in your mind. Some can leave a positive effect while some can leave a negative and for Jung Yonghwa there’s a memory that he will defiantly never forget.

It all started on the last day of filming We Got Married. Yonghwa and Seohyun were to spend the day together and make their last day special. They first headed to the bank to close their shared account then at night they dressed up like the first meeting and re-lived memories. Seohyun’s brother in laws even went to surprise them with a goguma cake like the first.  After spending some time with her in laws she surprised Yonghwa with a little edited version of the Banmal Song.

 “Now I will sing a song. Listen to the lyrics please.” Said Seohyun

She started strumming her guitar and Yonghwa was shocked yet confused.

The day that we met, I still remember that awkward meeting

What words should I say

How should I reply… I really worried a lot

But a day passed, then a month, now a year

I won’t be able to forget those precious memories and I have a finale thing I want to say.

We will be able to speak banmal even though it’s a bit awkward and unnatural

Instead of saying thank you should I say it a bit more casually

We will be able to speak banmal, as I slowly draw closer

Now, I will look in to your two eyes and say

I Love You

After she finished singing Seohyun asked “Did you notice anything different? I spoke in banmal.”

“oh yea!” he replied “did you do that on purpose?”

“yes I did.”

There was silence. Even though it has been over a year and today is their last day there still happens to be a bit of awkwardness between them but the awkwardness wasn’t the same as before it was completely different.

When they first met it was awkward because they didn’t know much about each other, now after a year it was awkward because they have both secretly developed real feelings for each other but they’re just too shy to admit it. That’s part of the reason why Seohyun sang that song. Yes, she did speak in banmal but that wasn’t the only change in the end of the song instead of asking him to say I love you, she said it. She was kinda hoping for him to notice and let her confess but since he didn’t she thought there was no point to.

After a while of spending time together and Yonghwa surprised her with a trunk full of balloons, flowers and a guitar, it was finally time to say goodbye.

For both Yonghwa and Seohyun the goodbye was bittersweet yet full of regrets.  Bitter because 14 months of their make believe marriage that no longer felt like it was all an act was really coming to an end. Sweet because the amazing memories they’ve shared will always remain in each other’s hearts and full of regret because they didn’t get a chance to confess to each other and may never be able to.

The next day Yonghwa and Seohyun met again but this time not as a married couple but as colleagues to record their last individual interview.  During the recording Seohyun had a lot on her mind. Mainly Yonghwa. She thought about it over and over again but in the end she decided to go for it. Even if she did get rejected she would know it’s time to move on.

After recording Seohyun went up to Yonghwa and asked “Yoong Oppa can we talk now?” He agreed.

They went into a room and Seohyun started “Look Oppa the reason why I sang Banmal Song to you yesterday night was not only to speak in banmal but to say I Love You. When you wrote the song and asked me to say I love you, I couldn’t do so because I didn’t know what love really is but now I know. I want to say I love you. I hope you feel the same way back but if you don’t I understand too.” Yonghwa didn’t know what to say. He was in shock. The quiet shy Seo Joohyun just confessed to him. Of course he was overjoyed but still speechless. He didn’t know she was waiting for a response until she started walking away.  But before she could walk another step he pulled her back “I love you too Hyun. I’ve loved you since the day we met I just didn’t know you felt the same way back but now that I do I couldn’t be any happier.”

He then looked into her beautiful eyes and kissed her.

“What now?” she asked

“Well you’re mine and I’m yours.”

 

Hope you all enjoyed this oneshot. Please check out my Minstal one shot called Who, What, Where, When, Why based off the short flim, the last

Happy 1000th day Yongseo!!!

-2PMLuver