It was you...Kwon Jiyong

You First Believed

"How many times did I pray you'd find me How many wishes on a star,
Gazing off into the dark
Dreaming I'd see your face
Safe at home unafraid,
Captured in your embrace."



I went home to the Philippines and I realized that I missed you. I missed the dongsaeng who would always ask me if I'm okay. If I needed help with anything. The dongsaeng who would always try to engage me in a small talk and the one who gave me a very tight hug as if not wanting to let go when I told him that I'd be returning to the Philippines. The dongsaeng who was dongwook hyung's bestfriend as well as youngbae's . I would sometimes dream about your beautiful face at night and the way you smiled at me. How could a boy in his teens be so charming and beautiful at the same time? I was still in a relationship then but you already had my heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



"So many times when my heart was broken,
Visions of you would keep me strong.
You were with me all along,
Guiding my every step.
You are all that I am
And I'll never forget."


I found out that my boyfriend then was cheating on me, You told me it was his loss and that he's a jerk. You said I should look for someone who really wanted to be in a long term commitment , back then I didn't know you were talking about yourself since you were still so young that time. You were always trying to teach me how to be a strong person cos you thought I was so fragile.

 

 

 

 

 

 



"It was you, who first believed
In all that I was made to be.
It was you, looking in my eyes.
You held my hand and showed me life.
And I've never been the same,
Since you first believed."


You told me to audition again when I failed my first audition. You kept on encouraging me and you always told me how you believed in my talent. You even said you missed me as I was still in the Philippines that time. When I came back to korea, you and dongwook and sometimes byul would take me out to dinner and karaoke bars. You always praised me when I sing and so I got the nerve to audition again and as they say the rest was history. You were already a big star that time yet you brought food for my group whenever we had shoots and you would always turn up when we had performances. You would even take time out just to celebrate my birthday with me and the girls. You always said you are 2ne1's number 1 fan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



"There were times when I thought I'd lost you,
Fearing forever was a dream.
But it wasn't what it seemed,
Placing your hand in mine,
You could see in the dark,
You were guiding my heart."



You had many fangirls no doubt, being one of the hottest idols in korea must be hard. You were G-dragon after all, the leader of a very popular group. You were paired and linked with different women, women I thought I could not compare to because I thought they were so much better than me in more ways than one, but at the end of the day, when you place your hand in mine and we saw how they fit perfectly, I knew nothing could separate us. You always assured me that you only need one woman, and that was me. It took me a long time before I finally said yes, but I guess that was the best decision I ever made.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



"It was you, who first believed
In all that I was made to be.
It was you, looking in my eyes.
You held my hand and showed me life.
And I've never been the same,
Since you first believed."



You asked me to feature in your first solo album, at a time when I still a beginner. You thought it would boost and help my career and it really did. You held my eyes while we were performing to make me at ease and you would always hold my hand. After each performance, you would always tell me that I did a good job even though I wasn't sure that I did.  I will always be thankful for that ji.. for the faith that you had in me and for those lovely and heartwarming songs that you composed for me. 

 

 

 

 

 



"It was you, who first believed
In all that I was made to be.
It was you, looking in my eyes.
You held my hand and you showed me life.
And I've never been the same,
Since you first believed.

How many times did I pray you'd find me...
How many wishes on a star..."



I prayed and wished on shooting stars that my prince would come and find me, and it came true. But he did not come riding a horse nor wearing a prince's suit...nstead, he came looking like a rapper and a sign that says he is one of a kind, with a microphone in hand asking me to be the love of his life. 

 

For everything that I am now, and for everything that I have accomplished, I want you to know that you were a part of that. You brought out the best in me in everything I did.



It will always be you kwon jiyong, who first believed.

 

 

Ayiiee...this is just a spur of the moment thing so please bear with it :) Thanks for reading! :)