If You Could See Me Now

If You Could See Me Now

The sky was a clear blue and a bright yellow sun shone its way through the empty streets of Seoul; its’ dazzling ray of light bringing smiles on the plastered faces of people everywhere.

Out in an apartment somewhere, the alarm rang and shook the stillness of a silent bedroom. The owner inwardly groaned as he cupped his pillow to his ears, hoping the annoying beeps would go away and leave him alone, but it didn’t. He grumbled as he kicked his covers away and the man gave a deathly glare to the inanimate object on his drawer. What a way to start a Monday morning, he thought.

He got on his usual routine as his feet took him to the toilet like any normal day.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, face-wash, soap and shampoo. He once joked that they were his best friends to a stranger in the park and the man received a cuss instead. How was he to know that the stranger had just finished his run and smelt awful? It’s not his fault that his nose was blocked that particular day. All he was trying to do was to be nice, but no. No one appreciated a friendly conversation or a rather weird joke in the early morning.

The man put on a white Polo T-Shirt and jeans after his shower and he reached out to a comb near the mirror. He gently parted his hair in a neat fashion and continued to stare at the reflection to his front.

“Kyungsoo ah. Today is a special day that you mustn’t mess up! Hwaiting!”

He slung his brand new DSLR camera on his shoulders and stuffed his phone in his pocket. A new day, a new identity, he thought to himself. The man locked his apartment and went straight down to the park nearby.

Today, like any other ordinary day, he was going to sit at the same bench, in the same area, at the same time, to wait for the same person.

And Kyungsoo did wished Byun Baekhyun would hurry the hell up. He prayed for the man, as a matter of fact. Oh, the things he would do to him if he were to be even one minute late…

No, not that thing, that has references to a weird room with… toys. The man shook his head in horror. Not again. Curse him and his mind with his endless 50 shades reference.

“KYUNGGGGSOOOOOO  AHHHHHH!”

Now that… That voice could only belong to the one and only Byun Baekhyun. Kyungsoo glanced at his watch while watching the other run from the other side of the park. 20 Seconds…. Fifteen… Ten… Five… Hah, he’s going to be late.

“KYUNGSOO AH!” Baekhyun panted. “I’mf notf latef….”

“Zero.” Kyungsoo counted. “Nope, you’re just on time.”

The man bended over while trying to catch his breath and he huffed exasperatedly at his friend’s response.

“Yah!” Baekhyun huffed and puffed again. “I’m not on time! I’m early! It’s only 8…. 05. Its 8:05.”

“Really? My watch shows that it’s only 8… Unless you want to admit that you’re late…”

“Who am I kidding?!” Baekhyun patted his friend’s shoulder while giving a totoro smile, “I was pulling your leg. It’s 8 all right.”

“You… Always having problem with the timings… But I’m not going to let that ruin my mood today.”

“Err, why again?”

“Because today!” Kyungsoo hummed the birthday tune.

“Because today is my birthday! Aww, you remembered!”

“And I also remembered that we’re heading to the amusement park today!”

“BROFIST!” Baekhyun exclaimed and the pair did just that.

Truth be told, it had been a whole full year since Kyungsoo first met Baekhyun. He had just broken up with his then girlfriend and had head to the same park to cool himself. With the same DSLR camera that he was holding now, Kyungsoo had been taking random pictures, until a particular someone literally blocked his way through one of his pictures.

--

“Whatf aref youf doingf?” The stranger asked him while blocking his camera lenses..

“Taking pictures… until you came along. Now if you don’t mind-“ Kyungsoo remarked.

“I do mind.” The man finally said in a normal tone after taking his candy out from his mouth. “What pictures were you taking?”

“Important pictures okay?! Now if you can excuse me-”

“Not excused. I didn’t know the ground was so important. You’ve been taking pictures of it since half an hour ago.”

Kyungsoo sighed as he glared at the man. “What do you want, kiddo?”

“Come on. I’m not a kid. I could probably be the same age as you. And judging from your tone, I’m guessing you don’t have any friends. I’m Byun Baekhyun.” The man extended his hands.

“Look, I do have friends. And you’re being rude.” Kyungsoo prepared to leave the park.

As he took his steps further away from the stranger, he realised that he hadn’t been a nice person. Way to go Kyungsoo for venting out your anger on a random stranger, he thought to himself.

The man stopped in his steps and turned around to face the stranger who was looking at him weirdly yet expectantly.

“I’m Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.”

He saw as the stranger smiled warmly at his reactions and nodded his head excitedly.

“Nice to meet you Kyungsoo! See ya tomorrow!!”

--

“We should try every single ride they have there!” Baekhyun beamed excitedly.

“And we should take lots of pictures.” Kyungsoo tried to think of how they were actually going to take photos on the rides.

“Forget the pictures. We should have fun!”

“Yeah, I guess I can have fun today.”

“No guessing please. You have to! After all, it’s my birthday and I do not allow serious and dull people to stand by me on an important day like this.”

“Aish, Baekhyun. Always the kiddy one.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Remind me again why I’m your friend?” Baekhyun asked cheekily. “Because from what I know, I dislike people who hate to have fun.”

“Wanna bet? I can have fun, all right.”

“Yeah yeah Mr. Poker Face. What are we waiting for?! Let’s go!”

--

“So Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo finally speak up after their third ride at the amusement park. “When are we going to take photos?”

“Kyungsoo ah.” Baekhyun muttered softly. “You know I hate photos.”

“But they’re a form of memories and-”

“And memories can be kept forever. I know that. But I’d rather not.”

“But-”

“But nothing. Memories are painful, Kyungsoo ah. Or do I need to remind you?”

Kyungsoo stayed mum as his friend looked on expectantly at him. While it was true that there were painful memories, there were happy memories too, which might explained why he loved taking photos. And there was a photo when he went to the coffeehouse in Hongdae with his girlfriend……..

Baekhyun was right. Memories were painful.

“And now you’re thinking of her again.”

Kyungsoo snapped his head at the supposed sentence. “N-No. I wasn’t.”

“You can’t lie to me, you know that.”

“F-Fine. I was. I… I just can’t believe how much of a loser I am.”

“Which was why I asked you to get her back!”

“…I’m afraid.”

“Of what?!”

“Of her.”

Baekhyun sighed. In the one year that he knew his friend, there were lots of things that he discovered about his personality. For a start, Kyungsoo was a rigid person. He followed the rules strictly and one can say that he was not a fun person to be with. Secondly, he was easily annoyed by ‘fun’. Yes, as tragic as that may sound, it was true.

The thought of having fun irked him. He hated being optimistic and refused to associate himself with all the colorful colors in the world. But that was before Baekhyun had met him. He found out that the reason Kyungsoo had broken up with his girlfriend was because the girl was the exact opposite of him.

Kyungsoo had told him once that Baekhyun reminded him of his ex-girlfriend. Fun, happy and easy going. He loved her, but she just annoyed him somehow. But after being friends with Baekhyun…

After being friends with Baekhyun, Kyungsoo was a better person to be around with. He was finally ordinary and learnt how to laugh and have fun again. And maybe that was the reason he missed his girlfriend badly.

If he could be ordinary around Baekhyun, can’t he be the same around his then girlfriend?

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo muttered again. “We shouldn’t be talking about this on your birthday.”

The man stayed silent as a thought came rushing into his head. “It’s okay. By the way, remember when you asked me what I wanted for my birthday?”

“Yeah…” Kyungsoo eyed the man cautiously. “What do you want?”

“Follow me!”

--

“Why are we here?” Kyungsoo grumbled uncomfortably as the two men stared at the door before them.

“For my birthday, I want you to be happy.” Baekhyun smiled to his friend. “I want you to knock on the door and tell the girl how much you love her.”

“No.”

“Come on, it’s my birthday wish after all. Here, I’ll help you.”

Knock Knock.

“Baekhyun!”

“Oh admit it. You want to do it, but you just don’t have the courage. If you didn’t wanted to, you would have stopped me from knocking on the door.” Baekhyun grinned mischievously at the man.

The door opened widely and their receiver wasn’t who they thought it would be.

“Wow. She moved on fast.” Baekhyun remarked as he stared at the stranger from head to toe.

“That’s her brother.” Kyungsoo whispered urgently to his friend. “J-Jongin ah. Hi.”

“H-Hyung!” The stranger was certainly taken aback to see a familiar face after so long.

“C-Can we come in?”

Uncomfortable, that was what he felt as he saw the shock reaction on Jongin’s face.

“Er, sure… I guess. I’ll get noona.”

“Nice house.” Baekhyun commented as he walked inside with the man.

“Noona! Noona!” Jongin called out to his sister.

A few seconds later, a young lady came rushing out from the kitchen, her hair a mess and her expression with surprise at the sight before her.

“K-Kyungsoo…”

“T-Tiffany noona.”

The girl took a deep breath in as she smiled widely at her guests.

“You know I liked it better when you just call me Fany.” She approached them.

“Come, take a seat. Both of you.” Tiffany offered to both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

“B-Both?” Jongin shook his head.

“Why? Do you want to sit too, Jongin ah?”

“N-No noona. I… I’ll just go off now to meet Sehun.”

“Be back early okay?”

The man nodded his head and stared at Kyungsoo in confusion before running off. That was definitely uncomfortable, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

“So!” Baekhyun started the conversation. “You must be Tiffany!”

“And you must be Kyungsoo’s new friend.” She laughed while turning to her ex-boyfriend. “I see you have made friends…”

“Yeah.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the lack of response from his friend. “I’m Baekhyun, by the way. Byun Baekhyun. Today’s my birthday.”

“O-Oh! Happy Birthday to you!” Tiffany wished the man. How weird it was for a stranger to be telling her that it was his birthday.

“Yup! And we’re here because Kyungsoo wants to fulfill my birthday wish!”

“W-Would it be rude if I ask what exactly it is?”

“For you two to get back together, of course.”

“O-Oh…”

“Yeah Oh.” Kyungsoo nodded his head in agreement.

Silence followed and the once noisy room turned awkward at the random sayings of Byun Baekhyun. He wasn’t one to censor his words and it was times like this that Kyungsoo wished he did.

“I’m okay… with it… if Kyungsoo agrees… I’m more than willing… I…” Tiffany stumbled upon her words.

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo uttered softly. “I’m sorry for being a jerk and calling you annoying just because you’re different. I really am.”

“Words can never express how regretful I am.” He continued. “I think about you every single day and I… I find it hard to cope without you. If it wasn’t for Baekhyun… If it wasn’t for him, I’m a dead man… I just…”

“Kyungsoo ah. I love you too.” The girl went in for a hug and it felt as if time momentarily stopped for the both of them.

In that still room, a man quietly left the apartment, his feet taking him to the streets. He looked up at the window and he appeared doleful, before walking away again.

Maybe it wasn’t so hard to leave after all.

--

“You know you can’t get close to him.” The voice to his right stated clearly.

“I know, Luhan. I know.” Baekhyun sighed.

“It’s wrong and unethical.”

“Unethical? Please remind me what that word means again. Because as far as I can remember, making a friend is not unethical, Luhan.” Faint anger hinted in his voice.

“It’s not part of your job.” Luhan strictly mention to the stubborn man.

“My job requires me to make friends.”

“With children, Baekhyun, with children! Kids, toddlers… Not a full grown man.”

“It’s not my fault that he can see me.”

“But it is. You called out to him first. You made the first move. You allowed him to see through you.”

“It doesn’t matter. My job was to bring happiness to those around me. I’ll return his happiness back to him, mark my words. I’m just doing my job.”

“And it’s the most risky job you have ever taken. A full grown man.” Luhan sneered. “What would the others think? Anyway, you have to leave him once he’s happy.”

“But…”

“No buts. I’m talking to you as your leader…. And a friend. Trust me Baekhyun. There are some emotions in this world that you would rather not encounter.” Luhan whispered softly.

“I would know.” He continued. “I’ve been through it before. All I can say is, you have got to be strong. It’s going to be a bumpy ride from now on.”

--

The sun was up again in its usual position. It was a beautiful Thursday morning. The man got up from his bed before his alarm could ring and he took the normal routine of washing up in the toilet.

Ahh, there they were. His best friends, toothpaste and toothbrush. The man got his shower done quickly and stepped out to his bedroom feeling fresh and new. He glanced at the clock on his drawer and smiled widely. Time to get to the park, he thought to himself.

He locked his apartment and went to sit at the same bench, in the same park, at the same time, to wait for the same person.

Come to think of it, he hasn’t seen Baekhyun in 2 days. Oh how he would thank the man for restoring his relationship with Tiffany. As irritating as he was, Baekhyun was a good friend. Now if only the man would show up right about now…

Kyungsoo glanced at his watch. The time was now 8:05 and Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen. Did the man come late on purpose because it wasn’t his birthday? Oh Baekhyun. Now he was becoming back to annoying.

5 minutes, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30.

30 minutes late; Byun Baekhyun was 30 minutes late.

Kyungsoo got up from his seat and stamp his feet ever so impatiently. The man walked back and forth from one end of the park to the other. Where exactly was Baekhyun? Never in his 1 year of knowing him had the man been so late in their meet-ups.

He walked over to the same bench he had been sitting on the last half hour and continued to sit on it. Kyungsoo was getting annoyed by the second. Did Baekhyun perhaps forgotten of their meeting time?

It was times like this that Kyungsoo wished Baekhyun had a phone. Yes, as incredible as that may seem, the man didn’t own a phone. Especially what not with references in this century. A dull inanimate object, he called it. Such were his kiddy reasons.

“Hi Hyung.”

The man looked up from his watch, his mouth ready to reprimand Baekhyun for being late. All sense of annoyance vanished as he stared at his new companion. That might explain why the voice was different and deep.

“Jongin? What are you doing here?”

His new companion smiled sheepishly at the given question. What was he doing here? Right… It was to clear his misunderstandings.

“I… I came to see you.”

“What? Why? Has something happened to Fany?”

“N-no.” Jongin murmured. “I…”

“Oh thank god.” Kyungsoo heaved a sigh of relief. “You…?”

“I came to talk to you about your visit the other day.”

Now that was odd, Kyungsoo thought to himself. He had sensed Jongin had been uncomfortable in his presence and his meeting with Jongin today only proved his suspicions right.

“Why? Is something the matter?”

“I don’t know how to say this, hyung.” The boy went to take a seat right next to the man. “I seem to notice… I seem to notice you used the word ‘we’ when you wanted to come into our apartment.”

“Yes… Me and my friend Baekhyun. I can’t just leave him outside.”

“And noona offered a seat to… the both of you.”

“Yeah. You can’t expect Baekhyun and me to stand the whole time. Knowing Fany, it’s only polite that she offered us seats.”

“I see.”

“I don’t seem to get what the problem is Jongin. Can you please elaborate?”

“I don’t know how to put this.” Jongin shifted uncomfortably. “You’re the problem, hyung. Either that, or it’s me.”

“W-What do you mean?”

“Your friend Baekhyun…”

“What about him?”

“Is he… a ghost?”

“W-What?! N-No!” Kyungsoo shouted. How ridiculous was that? “What makes you say such a thing?”

“Well hyung. Like I said, I don’t know how to put this into words… but I… I… I can’t see him.”

“That’s ridiculous.”

“Judge me all you want, but I can’t see him. He’s not there and I don’t know why you or noona in that matter, can see him.”

“Jongin ah. Are you sick?” Kyungsoo placed his hands on the boy’s forehead. “Do you need to see a doctor?”

“I’m not sick! Neither am I crazy!” Jongin exploded and almost knocked into a passing little boy with his mother.

“Hey, be careful. You almost knocked into that man.” The little boy eyed Jongin angrily.

“W-What man?”

“That man over there. Now look what you have done. He’s walking away.”

“Sorry.” The mum interrupted. “He’s always like this. Pretending to see stuffs that aren’t really there.”

“What do you mean maam?” Kyungsoo asked the woman.

“Well you see. Hye Seok believes he has friends who are always with him. The doctor said that it’s normal for a boy his age to develop a thinking that he has an imaginary friend. I guess this is one of his facades kicking into place.”

“Mum, I don’t have an imaginary friend. They’re real, and look. He’s beside you now.”

“Honey, I told you. They’re not real. Now let’s go.” The woman chided her son before turning to Kyungsoo and Jongin. “Sorry again for the trouble.”

Suddenly everything seemed to click into place as Jongin turned excitedly to Kyungsoo.

“Hyung! I get it now!” He smiled widely. “During the time where you were alone and lonely, you must have developed the thinking that you have an imaginary friend! It explains so much!”

“Jongin ah. You’re crazy. If I really did have one, your noona wouldn’t be able to see him, would she?”

“That’s true…”

“And I’m a full grown man, not a kid. You can’t expect me to believe that I, Do Kyungsoo, would possibly have an imaginary friend.”

“Argh!” Frustration was clearly evident in Jongin’s tone. “I give up. Maybe I should just check myself in a mental hospital.”

“Maybe you should.” Kyungsoo joked. “Come on, let’s get you home.”

--

Three days.

Three days had pass by without seeing Baekhyun. It was amazing how the guy had avoided him completely after he got together with Tiffany. It amazed him more at the fact that during their one year of friendship, not once had Kyungsoo asked him where he lived.

He always presumed that he lived near him. Or else why would he go to the park anyway, right?

Answers; Kyungsoo neened answers desperately. He thought long and hard at Jongin’s remarks the other day. This might explain why he was here at Fany’s house in the first place.

“So yeah. That’s what happened.” Kyungsoo told Fany the whole story that took place.

The girl kept mum as she tried her hardest to avoid eye contact. Now that was weird. Why was she doing that?

“Fany? Are you okay?”

Okay was an overestimation. She was definitely not okay. “Uh… Fine. You know I can’t lie to you right?”

“Uhuh…” Kyungsoo eyed her suspiciously.

“Baekhyun… He came here the other day. Said he was leaving town for the States.”

“WHAT?! But he didn’t tell me anything!”

“Exactly. He didn’t wanted you to know.”

“And YOU kept this from me?! Why?!”

Tiffany lowered her gaze to the floor, her hands twitching from nervousness.

“B-Because if I told you… You wouldn’t believe me anyway. And you’ll end up leaving me again.”

“Fany ah.” Kyungsoo approached the girl slowly. “I’ve changed. You can tell me anything.”

“As a little girl.” She started her story. “I’ve been able to see people that other people couldn’t. I always thought they were evil, but everyone was so nice to the little kids around me.”

“As I grew up, I realised they weren’t real.” Fany continued. “These people that I’ve been seeing, they started to disappear one by one. A-And so did Luke.”

“Luke? Who’s Luke?”

“He was my friend. He grew together with me, but he wasn’t like any other friend I had. When I was 5, he looked 18. When I was 7, he was still 18. And now, even when I’m 23 years in age, he’s still 18.”

“I… I don’t get it.”

“You see, Kyungsoo. There are things in this world that are not meant to be understood.” Tiffany muttered softly. “As I grew up, I came to realise that Luke… Luke was what others would call an imaginary friend.”

“But he was more than an invisible person.” She insisted. “He was my source of strength when others would put me down… because they said I was different.”

“But…”

“But I’m not different! I just learn to see that life can still be fun even after you grow up.”

“I still don’t understand why you’re telling me this. Baekhyun…”

“Can’t you see?!” Tiffany shouted exasperatedly. “Baekhyun’s special!”

“Are you… trying to imply that Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun, is an imaginary friend?”

“I’m not trying to imply anything. It’s the truth.”

“But that’s ridiculous!” Kyungsoo shouted in disbelief.

“Think, Kyungsoo, think. There must have been times where he dropped some hints.”

--

“Oh wow. Are you stiff or what. Loosen up kiddo.”

Point taken, he thought. But loosening up wasn’t really what he had in mind.

“Oh Baekhyun. When will you grow up? Sometimes, you just have to follow the rigid rules of life.”

“That’s the thing, Mr Philosophy Do Kyungsoo. I don’t want to grow up.”

--

“H-he said he didn’t wanted to grow up.” Kyungsoo finally whispered softly.

“And he can’t. They can’t age.”

“But Jongin…”

“That kid?” Tiffany laughed. “He can’t have fun. Always worrying about things.”

“I worry about things too! So why…”

“So why can you see him? I was surprised, to be honest when I saw him for the first time. I knew he was special. But I didn’t realise a person like you would be able to see.”

“But you must have had plenty of fun times with him, right?” Tiffany continued. “He told me he’s leaving… So I presumed that…”

“Presume what?”

“Presume that he moved on to a different kid. That’s what happened with Luke.”

“C-Can you see Luke now?”

“No…” Fany smiled sadly. “But I’m thankful for all the good times he’s given me. And you should be too with Baekhyun.”

--

Do Kyungsoo lie on his bed that night, tossing and turning every single second. Was it true? Was Baekhyun really just a figment of his imagination?

He shook his head at thought. No. It can’t be. Baekhyun was real. If he wasn’t…

If he wasn’t real, why was he real enough for Kyungsoo to interact with him? What was his purpose in having himself visible to a full grown man like him?

“Aish. Baekhyun ah.” Kyungsoo mumbled softly. “Where are you? …I… I miss you.”

The man placed his pillow over his head, hoping his thoughts would disappear once he wakes the next morning. That and he wished his friend would be by the park again tomorrow.

--

“And now you’re turning and tossing in bed.” Baekhyun sighed. “Why can’t you just go to sleep and not worry about me?”

“You know, Kyungsoo.” He said again. “I’m really thankful for all the good times you’ve given me. You were probably the dullest person I have ever met in my life.”

The man went to take a seat on the bed, his eyes purposely avoiding the other’s direction.

“But yet… But yet when I’m with you, the whole world seems to stop. It’s just me and you, having fun and laughing our way through life.”

“Aish, Baekhyun ah.” He heard Kyungsoo mumbled softly. “Where are you? …I… I miss you.”

Baekhyun turned around to face his friend; his eyes already watery from his emotions.

“I’m right here. I’m right here, Kyungsoo ah.”

A single droplet of water fell to his cheeks and the tears came one after another. “For the past few days, I’ve been following you around like a puppy. I called out to you, I screamed at you. I even insulted you but not once would you look my way.”

“Then I realised that it was time.” He continued. “I have forgotten that we live d in two different worlds; me passing through yours. And that… And that you wouldn’t be able to see me anymore once you find the one important thing in your life.”

“Did Tiffany ever tell you why Luke left? Luke left because she found you. She found the one important thing in her life, and now that you’ve come to realise that she holds of such importance to you…. I… I have to leave.”

“But know this.” He said confidently to the sleeping figure to his front. “You are not a dull person. You’re the most colorful person I have seen in my eyes.”

“Do Kyungsoo. You’re my best friend and I have to admit. You’re the bestest friend in the history of all the friends I have encountered along the way.”

The man stood up and silently walked to the bedroom door.

“I don’t regret meeting you. I… love you.” He smiled before taking another step away. “I’ll see you once I have a chance.”

“Take care, Kyungsoo ah. Farewell.”

--

Kyungsoo came to a jolt as he sat up in his bed immediately. His heart raced rapidly but yet somehow they felt empty.

Weird; it was weird how even his dreams he would think of Baekhyun. He dreamt that Baekhyun came to say goodbye forever but in his dreams, Kyungsoo was paralysed.

He wasn’t able to open his eyes nor was he able to stop Baekhyun from leaving. His eyes lingered to his bedroom door which he didn’t shut for the night.

The cold air that breezed in seemed to tell him that his dream might just be a reality. Unknowingly, his eyes watered up and Kyungsoo found himself crying in the middle of the night. The random surge of emotions should have meant something, right?

“Goodbye, Baekhyun ah.” He found himself saying. “I love you too.”

--

6 Years Later:

“Baekhyun ah! We’re going to go now! Be a good boy, okay?”

A 5 year old boy sulked at his parents, his back facing their leaving figures.

“Don’t bully the nanny, all right? We’ll be back before midnight. Make sure to eat dinner.”

“Kyungsoo ssi. Tiffany ssi. Please do not worry. I’m going to take care of him. Baekhyun’s a really good boy, aren’t you, Baekhyun?” An elderly woman called out to the little boy.

The kid stuck out his tongue at his parents before slumping on the sofa. “Nanna is the only person that cares about me.”

“Honey, you know that’s not true.” Tiffany shook her head.

“Yup, what your mum say is right. If it’ll make you feel any better, we’ll bring you candy, okay?”

The boy nodded his head excitedly at the given suggestion. How easy it was to please him. As the door shut closed, the elderly woman went to the kitchen. Tonight she thought, would be great day to cook pasta. Baekhyun loved pasta after all.

Baekhyun went to his room, his hands already twitching to play some video games. Soon he will call Nanna to play with him. Nanna loved playing Mortal Kombat despite her age, which might explain why he behaved nicely around the elderly lady.

Imagine his shock when he found a young man sitting by his bed, his eyes staring straight into his.

“W-Who are you?” Baekhyun exclaimed loudly.

“Ssssh kid. We don’t want anyone to hear now, would we?” The man insisted nervously.

“I’m calling Nanna, then we’re calling the police.”

“No point, kiddo. Nanna can’t see me.”

The little boy stopped in his tracks after hearing the given statement. Now that was interesting.

“Why can’t Nanna see you?”

“Because she doesn’t know how to have fun.”

“Of course she does!”

“No she don’t. Grownups can’t have fun, remember?”

“Why should I trust you?”

“Because I’m your friend.” The man smirked.

“Fine.” The kid relented before taking his game consoles.

“Don’t you think you trust way too easily?”

“Well, I think you’re a good person.”

“Yup, you trust way too easily.”

“But if you’re my friend, aren’t you going to ask me for my name?” The boy asked again to his older companion.

The gleam in his eyes wouldn’t went unnoticed and Baekhyun suddenly feared for his life. What friendship could a 5 year old possible make with a man like him?

“Okay… What’s your name, little boy?”

“Baekhyun… my name’s Baekhyun.” The boy eyed the man suspiciously. “What’s yours?”

“My name’s Baekhyun too!” The man laughed.

“Why is your name Baekhyun?!” Yes, it was hard to believe that the man would prefer to call himself by an attractive name like his too.

“Well, why is YOUR name Baekhyun?”

“I don’t know.” The kid scratched his head. “Maybe because my parents like the name.”

“Wrong!”

“What?! How would you know?!”

The man grinned widely to the young boy, his hands patting the kid’s hair like a father would.

“The reason your name‘s Baekhyun is because….” He beamed warmly to the younger Baekhyun. “Your parents love me.”

“Kyungsoo and Tiffany love me.”