Chapter 17

Ditch or Hitch: Like You Have a Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

“Stupid marriage. Stupid boss,” you muttered to yourself as you fluffed the pillow and lowered your back to meet the hardwood floor. It was still early, but you had decided to take a short nap before you go to the bar for your other job.

You had called your boss, Minhwa, and told him that you would be out a week for your honeymoon. At first, he was quite offended to know that he was not invited to your wedding, much less even known you were in a relationship. But he got over it and granted you permission to take a break.

But now that you were back he needed you to work again as soon as possible. Apparently most of his workers weren’t as competent as you and he was desperate for his best nighttime employee to come back and take the reigns.

“I can hear you, you know.” Kris called out as he continued typing away onto his laptop.

“Good, so you know how much I hate you.” You retorted.

It was around half past 7 in the evening and you wanted some rest. Unfortunately, your new husband had declared that you would have to room with him to make this marriage believable since there were workers living in the house as well.

Think of it as playing house, he had said. Tch. Unbelievable. We're not five.

“Why are you going to bed so early anyways?” He asked.

“None of your business,” you answered as you pulled the blanket over your head to signify that the you were done talking to him.

After about an two hours, Kris managed to finish his work. He closed his laptop and got up.

He took a quick glance down at the floor and scoffed to see you curled up into a ball.

“You sleep like a log.” He teased quietly.

 

 

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. The lights had come on and disturbed his sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter