Chapter 6

Between Chance and Fate

 

 That evening 

 

Kwangmin turn the door knob and walk outside. He sighs again.

‘’ahh… I just late one hour…’’

Few hours ago, Kwangmin went out of the orphanage to search for part time job. When he was walking, he saw a notice in front of a shop. It was a sport shop; they need a male worker to promote their shop. Kwangmin enter the shop and meet the manager.

Unfortunately, he was late one hour. They already have the new male employee just an hour ago. Kwangmin asked them if there’s still any empty position but much to his disappointment, they have none.

Now, he already failed few times already. Almost all the place and shops he went already have enough employees. He walk around the town, he doesn’t want to take taxi because he want to save his money. After sometimes walking, he stops his track. He saw a night market nearby and decide to pass by it. Maybe he can buy something for the kids.

 

***

 

Youngmin close the car door and relax his back. It been a long day for him because he was not enjoying anythin

g he was doing. He tells the driver to drive straight to home. The driver, Choji, reply a ‘’yes young master’’ and start the engine.

The sky already dark and he know he have date with DaHyun later. He not pleased with this plan since he feels tired. Not like he will be pleased even if he is not tired though. He watches the scenery outside and slowly his eyes become heavy and heavy. He was about to fall asleep when suddenly the car stop by itself.

Youngmin rub his eyes few times and blink few times. Choji step out of the car and open the engine bonnet (is it? Idk what it called ^^’’) Youngmin go outside the car and see there are smoke coming from the engine.

‘’w-what’s wrong Choji?’’ Youngmin ask while waving his hand in front of his face when he stand beside his driver

‘’I don’t know young master... I already service this car yesterday!’’ said Choji

Choji tried to start the car engine but it nothing happened. It already 6:30 pm and Youngmin don’t want to waste his time there. He couldn’t help anything though.

‘’I will just search for taxi. You stay here and fix the car or maybe you can call anyone for help’’ said Youngmin

‘’young master, you won’t call other driver or your friend to fetch you?’’ –Choji

‘’nah, I want to walk around here anyway’’ and Youngmin walk leaving his driver with the broken car.

Youngmin walk at the street, he couldn’t see any taxi there. The skies darken and he officially decline that he is exhausted. He was about to call Jeongmin to fetch him when he saw a night market at the corner. Subconsciously, he put back his phone in his pocket and walks toward the market. Just pass by for a while, will not hurt right?

Youngmin saw many stall there selling a lot of different kind of things. He smells something nice and he turn his head.

‘’fast food stall?’’

At the moment he feels his stomach give him order to fill him with food. He buys a burger and eats it while walking.

‘’not bad!’’ he said once he taste the food

There are a lot of people here since office hour already end for that day. He looks at his food back and eats it. Someone walk pass him without him notice.

Kwangmin stop his track.

‘’what is it?’’ he said to himself. ‘’what is this feeling?’’ he said again. Suddenly his heart racing and his blood rush in his vessel. He feels weird. He feels different. He feels something. Kwangmin look at the sky, he shake his head few times and continue to walk.

Meanwhile…

Youngmin standing unmoving as his leg was nailed to the ground while watching the brunette back. Before, he feels something. Something in him begging him to stop walking and he did. Unlike the other, he dares to turn his body and look at the crowd. He was surprise to see someone standing three meters away from him, unmoving. He watch the guy back and he saw they guy start to walk.

It was a fight between his mind and his heart.

His mind keep thinking that it was nothing while his heart can’t stop beating so much as it want to jump out from his chest. He put a hand on his chest and indeed his heart was beating loudly. He blink few time and realize the guy he was watching about to disappear in the crowd.

 

Youngmin himself confuse.

He drops his burger.

He didn’t see the guy anymore.

He panic.

 

It’s like his body take the rule to control him. He run in the crowd and search for someone. He doesn’t know what that guy face but he still remembers how that guy look from the back.

 

He is still searching.

His mind said it was nothing.

It is nothing.

He doesn’t know who that guy is.

But he can’t help.

His heart is beating.

His blood is rushing.

He wants to know why.

He wants to find it.

 

He keeps searching but he found nothing. What was he looking for? Oh yeah, for a guy. That guy might have the answer for why his heart beating like crazy. Why that guy? Youngmin himself don’t know the answer.

He doesn’t know why.

After sometimes, he gives up. He is tired. He wants to go home.  

He walks to the road, leaving the night market behind, but his mind still thinking what’s actually going on. He saw a taxi and raises his hand. The taxi stop and he jump in.

‘’where to go young man?’’ said the driver

‘’26/5 best friend heaven section 6 please’’ said Youngmin simply

When he tore his gaze to the window, he regret for taking a taxi.

He saw that guy

‘’ I saw him’’

He clicks the button near the door handle and the taxi window turn down. That guy is on the phone and for second their eyes meet each other and both of them feels like the world stop for a moment…

‘’he has same face as me’’ both of them thought in their mind silently

But that doesn’t last long. Their world moving again when the taxi turns to the corner and they lost each other sight again.

‘’hello? Kwangmin are you there?’’

Kwangmin eyes blinking and he answer the call

‘’n-neh hyung..’’

‘’are you alright? Something happened?’’

‘’n-nothing! I’ll be back soon. Onew hyung keep my food for me neh, I’m starving’’ Kwangmin said while Onew at other line chuckling.

‘’I know... hurry up come back’’

‘’neh hyung..’’ with that Kwangmin end the call. Along the way back to the orphanage, he keeps telling himself that it was coincident.

‘’it just coincident, perhaps I’m not the only one have this kind of handsome face’’ he mutters

 

***

 

‘’say aaaaaaa!!’’

‘’DaHyun, I’m full already’’

‘’please!! Just once? Pleaseee~’’

Youngmin sigh and open his mouth, and then chewing the food in his mouth. Now, both of Youngmin and DaHyun in a restaurant having their ‘date’ at least that what DaHyun thought since Youngmin never pay attention about the so called date.

‘Our face is same, but still he looks a little micro different’ Youngmin thought in his mind.

‘’who is him?’’ Youngmin said to himself when he looks outside by the window to the beautiful night scenery of Seoul.

‘’him?’’ DaHyun ask, she look confuse

‘Did I say it out loud?’ Youngmin thought

‘’eh, n-nothing’’ he reply to DaHyun.

‘’really? Okay then’’ DaHyun said, smiling

Youngmin look outside again and he decide to rest his mind and think about it later.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------