Yelling for you sliently

Unexpected

 

  Rin lay on her bed. Staring at the blank ceiling , not wanting to go to school. She let out a heavy sigh before sitting up and walked towards her  small bookshelf by the music speaker.  She scanned  through the titles and  pick the latest manga  she bought . After flipping through the pages, she put her book back at the same spot. Rin then opened her room door and  disappeared.

 

After she came out of the toilet, she noticed that her buddy, Tsukino Miyu was already preparing  for breakfast, as the aroma smell of the honey and pancake tickled her nose.

-…-

After putting on her uniform, she completed it with her black socks and earpieces.  She was already for breakfast. She went down the wooden stairs  and sat on her usual sitting place.

 

“Ohayo~! Rin-chan!” Miyu greeted Rin with  her sweet, welcoming smile. “Ohayo.” Rin  replied.

“Today’s menu is…pancake with honey syrup!” She sat on the chair which is opposite of Rin’s.

 

“Itadakimasu!” They chorused as they clapped  their hands.

 

“Is Sayuri still sleeping?” Rin queried randomly.

 

“Should be, I tried to wake her but it failed. She wouldn’t move an inch.”  Miyu answered, sighing.

 

“Anyway, I heard that Yurika disturbed you again yesterday?” Miyu pop a small piece of pancake into .

 

“Hm. It’s nothing.” Rin mumbled as she take a sip of her favourite lemon tea. “Then how about Saki Mirai, I heard she secretly hid your mathematics textbook?”

 

“Sigh. I hope she can stop such mean actions. Yurika stole your old earpiece right? And Momoko-”

 

Before Miyu could finish her sentence a clear, high-pitched voice  could be heard.

 

“ She ‘accidentally’  bang into me. And caused my ramen to spill.” Sayuri walked out of her bedroom, wearing pajamas.

 

“Evil.”

 

“Mean…”

 

“But Mirai and Yurika are meaner right? I heard that Mirai spread bad rumors about  Miyu to the whole school. On sports day, last week, Yurika made Rin fail  her shuttle run  right?”

 

“Yeah! That’s so unfair! How can Maeda(Yurika) change Rin’s timing which was recorded by Hayate Hiro?” Miyu  raised her voice.

 

“ I guess she must have say something to Hayate.” Rin  frowned, sadness filled her.

 

“And on last Friday, I was cornered by three of them. Warning me to still away from HSJ members. But luckily, Takaki-san come to the rescue!” Miyu pouted.

 

“Hontoni? I was cornered by them on Thursday! They warned me too. I just nodded and run to Yuto when I saw him walking pass.” Sayuri was trembling.

 

“Mine on Wednesday. Inoo, Ryutaro and Dai-chan  happen to walk near-by and they helped me out.” Rin said releasing from her sadness.

 

“Okay… we must be careful. I will go up first.” Sayuri  yawned as she turned tail.

 

“So how are you and Daiki doing?”

 

“He is too held back. Acting like a shy boy all the sudden… Even though…” Rin paused.

 

“Even though?” Miyu came nearer.

 

“Nah. Don’t ask. Anyway, You and Yamada? How’s it going?”

 

“I can’t even talk to him yesterday. He is always surrounded by his fans. And I don’t want to get to close to him,  if those paparazzi took a snap shot of a idol with a girl it won’t be nice.”

 

“Kay…”

 

-…-

 

Sayuri then ran down the stairs with pure white hair band on her head,  clear bright keen-length socks.

 

The three girls then continued to enjoy their breakfast.

 

-…-

 

RURURU… The sound from Rin’s and Sayuri’s bicycles resonates  softly. Rin and Sayuri were cycling on their bicycle.  Rin’s bicycle was orange in colour but she wanted blue. She has no choice since on the last sales day the blue colours, were out of stock.

 

Sayuri’s yellow. Her favourite colour. She was lucky as they sale lots of yellow.

 

While Miyu, who do not know how to cycle bought the red. She was lucky cause the colour red was the last one left. But the bicycle was left untouched in the store room.

She do not cycle but skate to school. Once she reached the school she will change to her school shoes.

 

“Let’s see who will reach the school first!” Miyu skated by her friends’ side as she throw a challenge at her friends

 

“I will take it!” Rin then speed up and overtake Sayuri.

 

“Hey!” Sayuri followed.

 

“I  didn’t  say it have started! Chotto matte!” Miyu skated by them.

 

The three girls were at the watarasebashi when they stopped for a rest. They were panting and laughing at the same time.

 

“Ah… Miyu, you win again…”

 

“Because you all are struck at the junction. They don’t allow bicycle so you all have to go one round.”

 

“ By the way, what time is it?”

 

“6.41am… Still early.”

 

“Ah… the breeze feels nice…” Miyu was standing at the bridge, gazing at the rising sun. Her raven black hair seems to changed its colour as the sunlight reflect on it.

 

“ Yeah…” Rin somehow joined her. Her natural brown hair colour seems to change to apricot. But she shut her eyes as the bright sunlight shone into her eyes. She can’t take the brightness. For a moment she catch the glimpse of the orange, yellow sun  in the dawn sky. It was almost perfect.

 

The scenery made Rin’s mind clear. It is like she just ‘reset’ herself. This is the first time she felt so calm. She feels like she can do anything she will never be able to do  for a moment. Then she opened her eyes, she realized how the world seems brighter than usual.

 

“Daiki…” She mumbled to herself, a mixture of feelings engulfed her. She somehow wanted to see him. She want to say something to him. Words that her voice cannot say but she feels that she can now. Words that cannot been explain.  She always thought that she will end up swallowing her words. But now, She think she can look up and say it properly. Even though Daiki and Rin are always together, he seems so far away. Too far to reach.

 

Tears welled up in her eyes. She quickly turned away and jumped onto her bicycle.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

“Okay!”

 

“The challenge starts now!” Miyu yelped in elation, her chance of saying it has come true.

 

Not long, they reached the Horikoshi gakuen. Rin and Sayuri put their bicycles at the bicycles parking lot. While Miyu sat at the nearest branch, changing her shoes.

 

“Yatta! I win!” Rin exclaimed.

 

“Hai. Hai. Congrats.” Miyu said as she removed her skating shoes.

 

“I won’t lose the next time.” Sayuri grinned at her friends.

 

Suddenly, screaming could be heard. This is a signal that someone from Hsj had arrived.

 

“Nakajima-kun!”  Sayuri waved frantically to Yuto.

 

“Ohayo! Michiyaki Sayuri-san.”   Yuto smiled widely, as he walked towards her.

 

“I am going first!” Sayuri shouted happily as she run to Yuto.

 

“Ah… The love birds are energetic as always.” Miyu laughed.

 

“It is so oblivious that they are in love,  if  a cameraman happens to pass by. It might be OVER.” Rin said as she  stared at her friend and her boyfriend laughing.

 

“Pathetic.” Miyu stand up and walked to Rin.  “That’s why. They are singers. We are normal high school girls. The difference is too big. And I wonder why the other fans girls won’t just  give up. They should be happy if they  know that Yuto found his love.”

 

“I want to be as the same level as them or even higher.” Rin sighed.

 

But will that happen…?

 

Then another roar of screaming echoed. Yamada, Chinen, Keito and Ryutaro walked into the school gate. Chatting.

 

“Miyu-chan!” Chinen waved, smiling sweetly.

 

“Minna, Ohayo.” Miyu smiled at friends.

 

“ Morning.” Rin greeted.

 

“Ohayo!” Yamada as he stole a glance at Miyu.

 

Rin stand up and craned her neck . Searching for that particular person.

 

“Yo! Rin!” Ryutaro greeted as he come over to Rin’s side.

 

The group then went to their classroom. Rin looked at her watch then looked out of the widow from the hallway.

 

No Daiki.

 

She then let her hope sipped away as she turned and followed  her friend into the classroom. She sat down on her place at the last row beside the window. Ryutaro who sat beside her then call her to show her something on the magazine.

 

Rin cheered up a little as she know that her latest volume of  favourite manga is released.

 

But soon, her mood ‘switched off’ again. She stared at the door waiting. Waiting  for the person who sat in front of her. She does not want to make it to oblivious so she looked at her friends.

 

Miyu was talking to the HS7 members. They all laugh together. Miyu then saw her and gestured her to join in. But  get rejected.

 

 Rin realized that  waiting for someone hurts. She knew it but when she come and experience it herself she understand how the main character feels when waiting for someone. You will keeping looking for the person. She wanted the penguin guy to appear Now

 

She gazed at her watch again. He is late. Could  it be that something happen?

 

Just then, the person she is waiting for appear. It seems like ages. Like the four seasons had past.

 

“Arioka-san. Konichiwa. You are somehow late today.” Miyu said.

 

“Ohayo! Arioka-san! Your hair is in a mess.” Sayuri said as she stared at Daiki’s hair.

 

“It is obvious that he overslept.” Yamada commented, not bothered.

 

Daiki let out a forced smile. He then notice Rin staring at him. He can feel that  the electrical current from her eyes  were flowing in his body. His heart beats faster.

 

“Is there something on my face? My hair? Ah… my hair is uncombed… My tie is not straight.  I must have look untidy, that’s why she stared at me. But  she should not stare at me this hard… she is making me shy.” Daiki thought to himself as he hid his face with his fridge.

 

He’s acting weird… Rin said to herself as she focus on every action Daiki do from the moment he stepped into the classroom.

 

She’s weird today…

 

“Dai-chan, what’s wrong?” Chinen asked, concerned.

 

“Betsuni. Betsuni. Betsuni.” Daiki repeated.

 

“Dai-chan! Do you have fever? You are weird!” Ryutaro asked, standing from his seat and walk towards Daiki.

 

“Your forehead is a bit warm…” Ryutaro said after he placed his hand on Daiki forehead.

 

Rin was shocked, she did not expect Ryutaro to do that.

 

“Yeah! Daiki! Your face is a bit  red .”Keito said with his perfect British accent.

 

“I am alright. Seriously.”  Daiki sat down in front of Rin.

 

Rin’s glance followed Daiki and he can feel it.