Her Light

Something Beautiful

Breathing labored, he stared at his reflection in the broken mirror. Prespiration marked his forehead, misxing with the tears that fell from his eyes, dripping onto the glass.

This room was so dark, darker than it should have been. It used to be lighter, when she-

No. It was no use to remember her, not now.

"She left, Park Chanyeol!" He cursed under his breath. She left... and took her light.

Couldn't she have left the light? Did she have to take that, too?

Before, when she was there, he had never felt this way. Like he wanted to die; after all, was life really worth living without her?

Inside of him wars raged; many, loud, and painfully close to his heart.

She was a shadow, a fleeting illusion. When she left it had hurt him, bad. It was as though the ache would never stop; not even inflicting pain on himself stopped it.

And he hated who he had become.

The dark room was filled with mirrors; broken, shattered, bloodied... like his life without her.

Some were stained, stained with blood. Many shards of glass had been used to cut slits on his wrists, like pieces of red painted glass.

She would have cried, cried to see him like this.

She didn't leave of choice.

If it had been up to her, she would have stayed forever, to hold him... to be held BY him.

But it hadn't been up to her.

She pressed her lifeless, pale lips against his forehead, though he could not see her nor feel her.

Not even death shall do us part...

It was the whisper that lingered from her lips, on the air, in his heart.

Taking one last glance at the mirror in his hand, Chanyeol slowly reached to touch the heavy cloth curtin covering the window, gently pushing it to the side.

Light flooded the room, bouncing from shattered mirror to shattered mirror, creating an inferno of shining lights.

He chuckled softly, squinting up at the bright blue sky for the first time in a long time.

"I'll remember you," He whispered, quietly.

Even to the end, she had turned his pain into something beautiful.

And he would never, ever, forget her...

Or her light.