A Love Lost

A Love Lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQcELQuOBc0

^Listen to this while you read... if you want ^^


A gloomy, iron-grey sky surrounded the city of Seoul, drops of ice-cold rainwater dripping from the dark rooftops of the buildings onto the cold asphalt below. The cold wind blew mercilessly against anything it could come in contact with, forcing the few people who were still wandering around to quicken their steps, burrowing themselves deeper within their woolen scarves and heavy coats and hurrying to their separate destinations. And the wind kept blowing in all directions, curling up into the sky and flying downward again, seemingly alive in its joy.

The wind soon discovered the slightly open window of an apartment and curiously blew in through the cracks, rustling the feathery blonde hair of the delicate boy curled up in the middle of the bed, sheets tangled around his legs. He shivered, goose bumps rising against his pale, ivory skin, and he hugged the thin, white sheets closer to his body, burying his head between the pillow and the blanket. His ragged breathing slowly transformed into the soft, even breathing of sleep. 
 
The room slowly darkened as the hours past by, shadows inching deeper across the room, until it finally enveloped the boy still sleeping on the bed. The room was silent, empty, dark, full of shadows, the only source of light coming from the partially concealed light of the moon streaming into the room.
 
Soft footsteps echoed outside the bedroom door, stilling before the door creaked hesitantly open on its hinges, revealing a tall, shadowy figure in the open doorway. The boy in the bed didn’t stir at the sounds, still under sleep’s spell. The soft footsteps started again as the figure slowly walked into the room, closing the door gently behind him before making his way towards the bed. He paused for a moment at the side of the bed, moonlight illuminating his face and the unreadable expression in his cat-like eyes as he stared down at the figure in his bed. He shook his head, copper-brown locks of hair falling across his eyes as he smiled ruefully, sighing.
 
The bed creaked slightly as he sat down on the edge of the mattress. A flicker of regret passing through his eyes before he hesitantly laid back against the mattress, glancing at his companion only once more before turning his face away, succumbing to sleep’s enticing arms within a short time. For a while, only the sounds of their soft breathing filled the room, until the blonde boy stirred in his sleep, sheets rustling as he flipped over, his arm coming to rest against the other boy’s back, as if unconciously reaching for him. The moonlight gently caressed his face, only now revealing evidence of some former sorrow, eyelashes still clumped and wet, trails of dried tears across his face.
 
The window was still cracked open.
And so the night passed by, neither realizing that sometime during the night, unconsciously, against the cold that battered into the room, they had both sought out warmth, and were now lying close to each other, the blonde nuzzled into the other’s white sweater, his arms circling around his waist. And the lanky, copper-brown-haired one rested his head against the boy’s soft blonde hair, curling his arms around the boy’s shoulders very protectively. 
 
As the sunlight streamed into the room, filling the room with warm light, the blonde woke first, starting slightly as he realized someone was holding him. He didn’t move, but his eyes immediately filled with tears, his face crumpling slightly as he started to cry silently, eyes filled with a mix of longing, hurt and love. He just lay there, closing his eyes again, tears trickling from under his closed eyelids, dripping down onto the sheets below. 
As if he realized something was wrong, the other slowly woke from his sleep, starting to stretch but then froze as he realized he was embracing someone. He looked down in surprise to see himself holding the blonde boy and stiffened. His expression of shock quickly turned into concern as he realized the the boy was crying. 
 
“…Kevin?” He asked confusedly, his voice deep and husky from sleep. He cleared his throat and tried to extract himself from the blonde boy, but the other’s arms only tightened around his waist, holding him in place.
 
“Please Jae… can we just stay like this...for a little while?” Kevin looked embarrassed and ashamed, avoiding the other’s eyes, but the painful longing in his eyes explained everything. “Just for a little. I promise I‘ll…” his voice faltered a little. “I promise I’ll get over you. Can I just have one last memory?”
 
Pain and gulit flashed transparently across Jaeseop’s face as he heard Kevin’s sad voice.
 
“Kevin, I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you.” He hugged the blonde to him. “I’m sorry I don’t feel the same way as you do. I’m so, so sorry.” He wiped away the tears on Kevin’s cheeks, his eyes full of regret. 
 
Kevin just sighed, holding onto him tighter, his eyes fluttering closed at the contact. And they just stayed like that, one filled with guilt, the other with sorrow. 
 
When Jaeseop finally started to move away, Kevin didn’t protest, only letting his arms drop onto the sheets, opening his eyes slowly. He suddenly felt cold.
 
“Thank you, Jaeseop,” Kevin murmured. “I’m sorry for loving you.”
 
Jaeseop's eyes widened as he heard the younger boy.
 “No. Kevin, don’t be sorry. Love is love. You can’t help it, and you can’t control it. Don’t ever be sorry for loving someone. Love is the purest thing in the world.”
 
He Kevin’s hair fondly. Kevin looked up at him sadly, wiping away the tears that kept falling.
Forcing a smile on his face, he suddenly sat up on the bed.
 
“Alright, then I won‘t regret it. Any of it.” He slipped down to the floor, blinking the tears away furiously. 
 
“Where are you going?” Jaeseop asked softly.
 
“To pack. I’m moving out.” Kevin replied as he walked across the room and opened the door. 
 
“Kevin, you don’t have to do this. You don’t have to leave,” his roommate protested.
 
“No, I just, I just want to start over, somewhere new,” Kevin answered firmly. 
 
He paused at the doorway, turning around one last time, eyes full of pain that he couldn‘t quite conceal, even with a smile on his face.
 
“And next time we meet, I promise I’ll be over you. Maybe we can even be friends again.” With one last sad smile, Kevin finally walked away from his unrequited love. 
 
Closing the door gently behind him, his heart felt heavy and painful, but for the first time in what felt like forever, Kevin felt a spark of hope. It was going to get better one day. One day, he would wake up, and he wouldn’t have to suffer a love that would never be returned.
One day, he would meet someone new, and this day would just be a painful memory, something that happened long ago in his past. In closing that door behind him, it was like finally starting to let go, like a chance for him to finally move on, after all those years, and all those tears he shed. Kevin smiled again, making his way towards his own room. It was time to pack.
 
****************************
Hi guys, I just wanted to try this, because it was stuck in my head and I wanted to write it down, instead of working on my Cinderella story T^T  
anyway, here's some cute Kevin <3
 
....I couldn't resist on the last gif xD hehe