The Reason

The Reason Behind Her Tears

Hyuna walked into the Cube building with coffee in hand. She made her way lazily to the dance room where she’s supposed to meet the others. She’s a little bit early so she’s expecting no one would be in the room yet. She opened the door, stepping in while sipping her coffee.

“Hey”

She turned around immediately almost dropping her coffee when she heard someone greet her. She winced and shook her hand frantically when her hot coffee flowed onto her hand accidentally.

Junhyung quickly went to her when she burnt her hand.

“Are you okay??” he asked worriedly, taking her hand in his and checking for any injuries. The back of her hand was slightly scalded and he quickly dragged her to the toilet beside the dance room. Hyuna was still speechless seeing Junhyung in the room and she stayed quiet when Junhyung ran cold water over her hand under the running tap.

“Yah.. are you that shocked that I was inside the room that you spilled your coffee on your own hand? I’m a Cube artist too you know. Not just some random stranger..” he said sounding quite sad.

“Ahni.. I just thought there would be no one in the room since its still early. Why didn’t you switch on any music?” she asked when she came back to her senses.

“I just switched it off. Was about to leave when I saw you coming in sleepily.” He chuckled. After cooling her hand he lead her back to the dance room and made her sit on the floor while he took the first aid kit in one of the cupboards.

He sat beside her, facing her and was about to take her hand when she pulled it away. He looked up at her. “What’s wrong?”

“I erm.. can do it myself,” she answered and wanted to take out the cream for scalded skins when he stopped her.

“You’re hurt. Just let me do it. Why are you being like this?” he asked almost to himself, not really to Hyuna. He took her hand again and held on it firmly before she could pull it back. He took a little bit of cream on his finger and gently applied it evenly on Hyuna’s scalded hand. Hyuna just sat there, looking at his focused face.

Sensing that he was being stared at, he brought his eyes up to look at her without bringing his head up. She looked away awkwardly and he smiled slightly.

“Hyuna, what’s wrong?” he asked, looking back down on her hand.

“Huh?”

“You seemed to be avoiding me nowadays. Why?” he asked, looking back up at her and wiped his finger on a small towel.

“I-its just your feeling. I’m not avoiding anyone,” she mumbled.

“Really? You don’t even let me help you just now. There’s something wrong right? Come on you can tell me. Something’s bothering you?” he asked again. He took out a roll of bandage from the kit and wrapped in neatly and securely around her hand.

She didn’t answer. She just sat there quietly, waiting for him to finish. He sighed knowing she wouldn’t respond. After bandaging her hand, she pulled it to herself quickly and stood up, walking to her bag that was at the other end of the room.

“Hyuna..” he called her but she didn’t turn. She kept her eyes in her bag, as if looking for something. He walked towards her and squatted beside her. She didn’t turn to look at him. Her attention was in rummaging her bag looking for obviously, nothing.

“Baby did I do something wrong? Are you angry with me?” he asked. Hyuna stopped for awhile hearing her pet name again after a long time. Yes ‘baby’ is Junhyung’s pet name for Hyuna eversince long time ago. It’s not the usual meaning like couples use to call each other.

“Nothing. You did nothing wrong,” she said simply and continued rummaging her back. Nothing at all. It’s all in my own mind.

“But why do I feel that I’m in the wrong now? Baby please.. talk to me,” he pleaded, touching her hand at which she pulled instantly before he could hold it. Junhyung was quite shocked and hurt when she did so.

“I thought you’re going to leave just now?” she said, clearly sounding like she wanted him out of her sight.

“Okay I’ll leave since my presence is really making you uncomfortable. But when you’re ready to talk, tell me okay?” he said not the least bit angry that he was being chased out. But he’s hurt and the tone of his voice says it all.

He took his bag and walked out of the room, leaving Hyuna alone. As soon as she heard the door closed behind her, her tears flow down like waterfall. She sat down from her squatting position, hugging her knees close to her chest and cried by herself.

I don’t trust myself with you. You have a girlfriend now and I know where I stand in your heart. Your actions, your words,.. makes me feel hopeful that I can still be with you. You made me feel that somewhere in your heart, you actually wanted me as your girlfriend. My heart is very fragile and it can fall for you anytime even when I know I shouldn’t. Stop caring for me Junhyung. Just stop. Because I don’t know how I should act when I fall for you again. Let me be scalded even if it’s my whole body and not just my hand because my heart hurts even more when you care. For once I want you to not care about me anymore. Because I don’t trust myself with you..

 

“Hyuna?” Hyuna jumped slightly when she felt someone touch her shoulder. She looked up with teary red eyes and saw Gina kneeling beside her.

“Girl why are you crying?” she asked in panic, wiping Hyuna’s tears with her hand. Hyuna cried even more and hugged Gina tightly, resting her head on her chest.

Gina her back softly, whispering hush sounds to clam her bestfriend. Hyuna doesn’t even have to say anything and Gina could already guess the reason behind her tears. The only person that can make her cry like a baby is the same person that can make her smile and laugh like a happy child.

“Was he here just now?” she asked carefully. Hyuna nodded, still sobbing. Gina could only sigh. The two were close. Hyuna expected something more seeing that he treated her special. But obviously he didn’t when the news about his girlfriend spread like wild fire.

No one could blame Junhyung totally because he didn’t know. He thought they were just close friends. Hyuna didn’t even tell him that she liked him more than a friend or a brother. Hyuna puts her hopes up too high that she was hurt badly when reality fell on her.

“You have to tell him Hyuna. I can’t bear seeing you hurt yourself like this..” Gina said softly.

 

They were all in the meeting room discussing about the on-coming United Cube Concert. Its been a long time since they performed together with all their individuals coming in like waves by the shore.

“Okay so we have done some research online to see what the fans want to see. Of course they want to see all of you but you know.. like what different things that we can do that they want,” Mr Hong said.

“So we have decided that 4 minute will be performing some of Beast’s songs and vice versa. Both of these groups will also pick one of Gina’s song to sing. Gina, you’re going to be singing one song from each group. And also, fans said that A Bitter Day was never performed live so we’ll add that in too. That’s okay right Gina, Hyuna and Junhyung?” he asked.

Gina and Junhyung nodded but Hyuna just kept quiet. “Hyuna?” her manager called out.

“I don’t really remember the song,” she lied. Only God knows how hurt Junhyung was to hear her say that about one of his songs.

“Its okay you still have time to hear it again and practice. We always have rehearsals don’t we?” her manager said.

“Erm.. no. I don’t think I want to. Sorry,” she said softly and looked down. She knows she had to be professional but singing that song is just too much for her. She can’t just agree and end up screwing up the song on the day itself. That would be worst.

“Ohh..kay.. since the main lead don’t want to sing it then we have no choice,” Mr Hong said and chuckled slightly. “No wonder fans are saying that song is like a forbidden song. It can never be performed live.”

 

After the meeting they were all dismissed and Junhyung looked around for Hyuna. He caught her when she was about to go into the ladies.

“Baby seriously. Tell me what’s wrong,” he asked.

“Nothing is wrong Jun. I’m going to the ladies,” she said firmly, struggling to get her arm out of his grip.

“There is something. If not you wouldn’t mind singing that song with me and Gina."

“Okay fine. Since you want to know so much, here it is. I don’t want anything to do with you anymore. Understand?” she said in his face and pulled her hand back, walking into the ladies.

 

 

You must think the ending is abrupt right? Or rather, its not an ending at all. This storyline just got into my head and I don't have any intention of doing a two-shot. Not that I don't have any idea what to continue. In fact I have the whole chapter in my head just that I didn't type it out. We'll see if there are any surprises after my hiatus yeah? For now, its just this. Keke ^^