Who's Moving In?!

Moving In

It was a normal day at school. The bell had finally rung and that meant I was free to go home! I said goodbye to all my friends and was headed on my way home. I enjoyed the nice spring air while walking home. Actually I don't live very far from school, maybe 15 to 20 blocks. Everyday I enjoy walking home. For some reason I feel like my day was wonderful, even when they are bad. This walk home made me feel very happy. Well, until I got home.

I saw my house from a short distance and saw my mom in the garden talking to some un familiar man. I waved and mom waved back.

"Hey sweetie!!" My mom called.

I ran over to my mom and the man and greeted him.

"Hello, My name is Sounghyun." I greeted the man. But for some reason he giggled.

I looked to my mother confused in what to say or even think!

"This man already knows who you are. He is a old friend of your father and me. He used to work with your father but when you met him you were still young to remember anything." My mother said.

I nodded in aw finally understanding. 

"Wow, you have grown alot Sounghyun. Time sure does fly." He said.

What he said was true! Time does fly by fast. It feels like just yesterday I had started kindergarten! Now look! I'm in my second year of high school! 

"Today this man just made a deal with me today." My mother said as she interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh really? And what was that deal?" I asked.

"Actually for this deal I need your approvement of it."

I tilted my head slightly still confused of what she was talking about.

"I have three friends that are currently living in Seoul and are planning on moving here two days from now. I would gladly let them stay at my house with my family for a while but I have no room for them to stay so I figured that your mother had the second floor for rent...... but-" I interrupted him.

"Mom? Isn't the second floor rented already?" I questioned her.

"Y-yes but they will be moving out at the end of October."

"But the guys are coming in two days."

"This is where we need your permission to come in." my mother said.

"Since you have plenty of room in your house, I was thinking maybe it would be ok if they stay in your room?" The man asked politely. 

"WHAT?!?!?! THREE MEN SLEEPING WITH ME?!?!" 

After I screamed, random pedestrians passing by my house started looking at me like I was nuts. I looked to my mom.

"Mom! are you in the right state of mind to let complete strangers/men sleep with me?!" 

My mother laughed. "Of course not! We can move most of your stuff out in the meanwhile and you can sleep with me." 

I looked to my mother oddly. 

"There is no way in hell i'm sleeping with you mom. I'd rather sleep on the living room couch."

"That's fine too." My mother said calmly. 

The man looked to me.

"S-so how about it? Can they stay? The end of October will come before you know it!" 

I had a stern look on my face trying to figure out if I would let the guys stay in my room. Right now it was Thursday September 6th. October seemed like a long time from now but I guess time would fly by quickly.

I looked over to my mother still keeping a strait face.

"I'll let the guys stay in my room only in one condition."

"What is it dear?" 

"Let me stay on the computer until 11:30."

My mother's eyes furrowed together once I said that. She hates it when I stay up late. My bed time was always 10:00 (The latest). I still heard no response from my mom.

"So what will it be mom?" I asked again.

"FINE!!! BUT NO LATER!" 

I chuckled at the sight of my mom feeling un easy about staying up late. 

I looked back to the man.

"Alright. They can stay in my room." 

The man grew a huge grin on his face of satisfaction and jumped up and down for joy holding me tightly.

"Thank You so much!!!! I owe you!!!" He said still tightly squeezing me. 

"Oh no, What have I gotten myself into?" I mumbled to myself.