.

répondre



"I wrote you a letter, you know."

Jaejoong turns, sharply, and for a split second, Yunho is transfixed by the sheen of his hair as it whips around and catches the sunlight. There's nothing too different about it; same length and style, but of a different color-- a warm reddish-brown, a color that reminds him of their happier days. There's a phantom tingle in his fingers, and Yunho has to fight the urge to run his hands through Jaejoong's hair.


"I didn't get anything," Jaejoong replies, with the barest hint of a tremble in his voice. When Yunho doesn't answer, Jaejoong turns his back to him and keeps walking-- and Yunho can't help but notice that Jaejoong looks just a little bit shaken.


There's a ghost of a grin on Yunho's features. "I never sent it."

At this, Jaejoong stops in his tracks. Yunho closes his eyes and-- suddenly painfully aware that what he's about to do is exactly the same thing he did the last time they'd seen each other-- walks past Jaejoong, steps keeping pace with the other's heavy breathing.

Yunho doesn't look back.




 

Jaejoong would explain this to him later, months and months later. Yunho would watch beads of water form on the surface of the beer bottle he's cradling in his hands, and he'd tell him that it was fear. Fear. No louder than a whisper. And Yunho would ask, "Fear? Of what?" Even though he knew the answer, he wanted to hear Jaejoong say it, because he's always been so strong, and this side of Jaejoong rarely comes out, or at least he never shows it to people.

And they would've gone through tears, a few bottles of beer, and maybe a few reassuring kisses, by the time he's done speaking.
 

 

 

a/n: heavily inspired by that interview wherein yunho says that he's the type to write letters to his other half. omg, i hope you didn't miss the little extra. the one with a smaller font size. say hi to me on tumblr [mid-eoyo/jae] or twitter [jaebberwocky], yeah?