Perfection.

Perfection.

 

Donghae sighed for the fiftieth time that evening as he walked down his apartment hallway. His day at work had dragged on and on and now he couldn’t wait to just crawl into bed and just die. He missed the keyhole about 5 times on his own apartment door before he finally got it in and turned it to the right just to freeze as he hears a noise inside.

What the…

Donghae immediately pushed open the door to see a figure standing at the kitchen bench, whistling and mixing something in two cups that were labelled ‘fishy’ and ‘monkey’. They even had the corresponding animals printed below it.

The person standing at the counter slowly turned their head of dark brown hair and gave Donghae their signature smile, full of teeth and gums; majority gums.

“Oh hi Hae, I hope you don’t mind me letting myself in” Eunhyuk said, walking over to kiss Donghae on the cheek. Donghae just smiled and rested his head on Eunhyuks shoulder. Eunhyuks eyebrows rose in surprise and he turned his head to be met with Donghaes messy brown hair. He shook his head at his boyfriends silly actions but smiled anyway.

“Come on sleepy head, let’s go watch the rain” Eunhyuk mumbled and brought Donghae to the kitchen where he handed him his ‘fishy’ cup that was filled with hot cocoa and even had a mix of big and little marshmallows floating around; just the way he liked it.

They slid open the glass door to the balcony to be welcomed with the soft, cold breeze of the winter night. Donghae stepped out to sit on one of the chairs set up but Eunhyuk ducked back inside for a minute, only to come out with two winter scarves and knitted blankets.

“You’re amazing” Donghae groaned, gladly taking one of the scarves and one blanket. Eunhyuk just smiled and sat down next to Donghae, putting on his own scarf and blanket.

Donghae felt as if he could just fall asleep at that exact moment. Sipping on hot cocoa, snuggled up in his scarf and blanket, next to his one and only, and watching the winter rain fall from the sky.

“I love you Donghae” he heard Eunhyuk whisper, it was only quiet, but to Donghae it sounded like Eunhyuk was shouting it at the top of his lungs with all his breath at the top of the rooftops; and he loved it.

“I love you too Eunhyuk”

And everything in Donghaes life was simply perfect.