Delivery girl meets Han HeeBum

Delivery!

 

"Delivery at the next block!"

'I'll take it!" I shout and head to the counter to get the foods to be delivered.

"Fifth house from the left, blue roof and teal framed windows."

I nod as I put on my cap and head to the back door.

I put the cartons in the box at the back and close it shut. I mount my motorbike and turn the engine on. I sigh when the bike starts hooting and I start making my way to the next block where I'm supposed to deliver the food.

The wind feels nice against my uniform and exposed arms. I could walk, really, but I prefer riding my motorbike. I haven't used it in a while after all and we had a reputation to uphold: 'Five minute delivery if within a three mile radius'.

I spot the house. I grasp the breaks and cause my bike to halt slowly.

"Delivery!" I call out cheerily.

The door opened to reveal a middle-aged woman with unkempt hair and looked like she was abused or something. I hide my surprise and hold out the cartons. She nods rather haggardly.

"How much?" She asks as she takes out her wallet.

"15000 Won." I reply.

She nods and takes the cartons from me by the loopholes and hands me the money.

"Thank you!" I bow and pocket the money.

I return to my motorbike and speed back to the restaurant.

Some people say that being a delivery girl doesn't make me a better woman. Some say that being a delivery girl is really disgraceful. Some say that being a delivery girl practically removes my rights to be a girl.

Well in my defense, being a delivery girl is still an honorable job. So no matter what they say, I really don't care because it really can't affect my salary.

When I get back to the restaurant I can hear my favorite song booming out of the speakers of the restaurant. I could dance there and then if only the parking lot wasn't that public.

I could see the other employees tapping their feet to the rhythm of U when I approached the restaurant. They could just dance there and then if they weren't working. I make my way back to the kitchen where I originally belong when I'm not delivering for the customers who are either too pre-occupied by their lives or too lazy to step a foot out of their houses.

Sometimes the reasons why they ask for deliveries is the latter.

I start with my kitchen duties as usual. I make sure that the plating is neat and there are no splatters on the sides. I place them carefully on trays and press the bell when they're ready so the servers can take them out.

I tried to be a server once, but I'm too clumsy to be one so I got stuck here in the kitchen since the manager said that I was overly meticulous despite my clumsiness. And since my skill with a motorbike seemed to shine through the manager.

"Kids these days," the head chef mumbles, "Their taste in music is quite eccentric..."

I chuckle. "Mister, you know that I like these songs too right?" I remind him.

"Well you're not like them," he says as his butcher's knife cuts through the chunk of pork with ease. "You're not the crazy fan girl  type..." 

"You clearly made a remark about their taste in music, so how should I be any different?" I ask as I place the plates of bulgogi on the tray and press the bell.

The phone to my left starts ringing. I move towards it while grabbing my notepad and pen before I pick it up.

"Hello," I start

"I want some jajangmyeon, bossam, japchae, bibimbap, ddeokbokki, gimbap, anju and twelve bottles of soju," the customer speaks before I can even finish my introduction.

Thankfully, the pen was already in my hands so writing didn't prove to be much of a problem.

"I repeat sir, jajangmyeon, bossam, japchae, bibimbap, ddeokbokki, gimbap, anju and twelve bottles of soju?"

"Yeah make it all double servings."

I quickly jot that down and ask, "Your location sir?"

He pauses for a moment, "SME dorms 12th floor."

My heart suddenly starts beating like mad and I really prefer for that to stop.

But wait!!

 

SME dorms??

 

Does that mean that this guy who's asking me to deliver is actually an inhabitant of that dorm?

Well duh! That's the address right? Stupid me!!

I calm myself down as I relay the order to the head chef.

"What are they, going to hold a feast?" He asked at the outrageous amount of food they ordered.

"They must be pretty hungry," I shrug.

With incoherent mumbles, the head chef immediately starts on the huge order. I left out the part that they said they were from SME dorms.

 

Wait!!

 

Why didn't I rethink about it?!?!

 

I'm such an idiot!!

 

If it does turn out to be a prank then maybe we can use it again for the other orders. But they asked for double servings OF EACH. 

 

 

Who in their right minds would eat THAT much??

 

I just sigh and prepare myself for the worst.

After cooking the order, they are placed in the respective containers and are put inside the cartons with loopholes for easier holding. The head chef hands it to me and I head to my motorbike.

"Be careful in driving," he says before I leave, "The soju bottles might not hold."

"Yes, I understand, Mister." I say as I put on my helmet over my cap and mount my motorbike. "I'll be off, Mister..."

He sighs and says, "You know there are many accidents nowadays that are caused by motorbikes. You should use a bicycle instead."

"Mister, if I do that our five minute promise won't be fulfilled," I reason out. The head chef has been my father of some sorts since I came here. "If we can't fulfill that our customers will no longer patronize us."

He makes a grumbling sound at the back of his throat that signals his defeat. He waves his hand dismissively and says, "Fine; go. But be careful."

"Yes, Mister!"

I've often passed by the SME dorms when I make my deliveries to the farther parts. We're particularly famous for our jajangmyeon and jjampong, so a lot of hardowrking and pre-occupied people order from us.

And of course, I never let them down.

I reach the dorms and kill the engine of my motorbike. I hang my helmet on the handle and get the order from the box behind my bike.

"Good afternoon," I greet the receptionist. Honestly this is my first time here. I've come to places a bit farther than here, but I've never been here at all. "I'm here for a delivery at the 12th floor."

"What room?"

"He didn't say..."

She holds up a finger and starts pressing some numbers. After a few calls and some exchanged words she scribbles on a piece of paper and hands it to me. "That's the room that ordered food."

I look at it and smile, "Thank you!"

The elevator ride is quite boring. I was fortunate enough to share the ride with Dana.

The perks of going to an SME dorm , I suppose.

I reach the floor and follow the directions given to me. I put the order down for a moment to press the doorbell.

When the door opens, I give out a smile.

Unfortunately, that smile did not last long.

 

 

 

KIM HEECHUL?!?!

THE KIM HEECHUL ANSWERED THE DOOR?!?!

He's still in his sleeping clothes, a loose Tweety Bird shirt and a pair of pink pajamas. His hair has a headband on it and I could tell that he is irritated.

I clear my throat and say, "Delivery!"

"Hyung!! The guy said, 'Then I'm Leeteuk-oppa!'!!" A voice from inside says.

Heechul turns to the voice and away from me momentarily to shout, "Ya! Kibum-ah! The food's here!  And tell him that Teuk-hyung doesn't like Starcraft."

Wait! Wait! Kibum?!?

As in THE KIM KIBUM?!?!

"Oh okay..." says Kibum.

I pick up the cartons and hand it to him. He takes them by the loopholes and ask, "How much?" 

I hand him the receipt but reply anyway since I figure that he doesn't want to read it anymore, "560500 Won."

"It says here 560000 Won only," he tells me.

"The 500 is the delivery fee."

"Aren't we excempted to that?"

Are they? No. I watched the gas closely and it doesn't decrease that much (even with traffic) if the distance is less than a three mile radius from the restaurant.

"We only give free delivery charges if you're within a three mile radius," I inform him.

He mutters under his breath and gives me the money.

I bow and then suddenly Kibum comes in. "Hyung! What's taking you so long?"

"I'll be there soon!" Heechul snaps.

I bow again and say, "Thank you!"

As soon as he closes the door with an indiginant 'Yeah,' I walk in a daze back to my motorbike. I make sure to bow to the receptionist before leaving.

How surreal! I actually met Kim Heechul in the flesh!

My ELF friends will kill me if I tell them.

It'll be a secret then!

When I get back to the restaurant, I assume my old duties. Another phone call came on with another delivery so I set on it.

------------------------------------------------

The next day I have the same phone call from Kim Heechul. He orders a huge amount again and I pass it on to the head.

It is the same routine as yesterday, but the receptionist seems to know me now.

She sure has a fast pick up!

Again I ride the elevator; this time I rode it with Jay of TRAX. He dips his head at me as a form of greeting that I return.

When I get there however, I am not greeted by Heechul.

"I thought there was something strange," he says as he eyes me from under the tongue of my cap.

I blink at him at astonishment.

"You're not a boy." He states with distaste.

Huh?

 

So what?

"You must be pretty desperate to get money if you even work as a delivery girl..."

I frown. "Do you always say thanks in that way?"

He shrugs and asks, "Did I hit a nerve?"

Did it not look like you did?

"No you didn't," I say resentfully. I never thought that popular people would be like this.

"600500 Won," I add.

He hands me the money and I leave quietly.

I took this job because I wanted to. It wasn't just for the money; it was for the satisfaction that it gave. Whenever I ride on my bike, I always feel free from discrimination and underestimating especially from my colleagues.

But why did it feel so heavy when Heechul said it?

 

 

 

Maybe it was because I didn't expect it from someone like him.

I guess I can't blame him either. He's too popular right now to even care about ordinary people like me.

I guess that is one of showbusiness' cons. 

I shake my head and clear myself of those thoughts. Seriously, who cares about what he says? At least I like my job and it helps me to live.

He's doing the same right? The only difference is the process of how we earn money.

When I got back there is another delivery waiting for me.

 

 

 

In the SME dorms again!!

"Why didn't they order it with the previous delivery?" I ask exasperatedly.

"They said that their housemate forgot to tell them." The head chef replies.

I groan in exasperation. Great! Now I have to see that Heechul again.

The ELFs did say that he had a bit of an attitude, but it's still shocking when you experience it firsthand.

"Delivery!" I try to sound as cheery as possible when I get there.

The door opens and this time it isn't Heechul.

 

 

 

 

IT'S HANKYUNG IN A WET LOOK!!

 

His face is damp and the ends of his hair on his forehead were also damp. He has nothing to cover his upper body and every convulsion of his muscles when he breathes is starkly visible.

"Sorry for causing you trouble," he rubs the back of his head awkwardly. There's an edge in his voice that tells you he isn't fully Korean.

I shake my head and compose myself. "It's okay..."

"Ya Hankyung-ah!!" I hear Heechul yell from inside, "Stop talking to that boy and come eat with us!!"

"She doesn't look like a boy." I mentally sigh in relief.

At least Hankyung doesn't think I'm a guy.

"She's as flat as a board, not pretty and she rides a motorbike to give deliveries," Heechul lists down. "Does that sound like a girl to you?!"

He shakes his head and asks, "How much?"

"35000 Won." I reply but it is actually more of a squeak.

"I'm sorry about Heechul. He's in that time of the month," he whispers but loud enough for Heechul to hear.

I chuckle when Heechul shouts, "I HEARD THAT!!"

I bow, "Thank you!"

With a smile he closes the door.

Well, at least Hankyung is nice.

---------------------------------------------------------

"You forgot the chapssaltteok."

I look around and my eyes land on the counter. I smack myself on the forehead and groan.

The box of chapssalteok is on the table and I forgot to take it to my bike.

"Bring it here now before I complain to your manager," Heechul threatens through the phone before hanging up.

With a grudging sigh I bade the head chef goodbye before I make my way to the SME dorms yet again.

I was there a few minutes ago and Heechul started insulting me when he opened the door.

You're too flat to be a girl...

What kind of girl wears a bull cap?

You have no curves and taste in clothes...

You even ride a motorbike!


Seriously what does he have against girls that are flat, wear bull caps, have no curves and taste in clothes and ride a motorbike?!

I grumble in the elevator and I must have scared off BoA because she moves the farthest she can from me.

I really envy my ELF friends that are Petals and live a well-off life. They won't be looked down upon by their bias.

I step out the elevator but put too much pressure on one foot that it causes me to fall out of balance. I look behind me and the elevator door is closed. Not that I would ask BoA for help after I creeped her out.

I prop my arms in front of me and try to stand up. Thankfully the chapssaltteok isn't damaged so that brat Heechul can still eat it.

After finally managing to stand up, I realize that my left foot is hurting.

I bite down my lower lip and start limping to their room.

I press on the doorbell and hiss a little from the pain. It takes a while before the doorknob clicks and the door swings towards me.

I move a bit backwards and bow my head. "Delivery! I forgot the chapssaltteok with the previous order," I say without even looking at Heechul.

"Oh so that's what hyung was so upset about..."

 I look up and I meet a pair of mesmerizing eyes and a dazzling 100000-volt smile.

 

 

 

KIM KIBUM!!!!!!

 

 

I gulp and say, "I'm sorry I couldn't bring it earlier."

He eyes me for a moment and mutters, "Definitely a girl..."

Why is Heechul the only one that can't see that I'm a girl?!

"Thanks," I say as I hand him the chapssaltteok.

He stares down at the floor by my feet. I follow his gaze and ask, "Is something wrong?"

"You're hurt..." he says casually.

"I just sprained my foot on the way here..." I explain.

"You use a motorbike right?" Apparently I don't need to answer. "It would be bad if you have difficulty in riding."

"I'm fine really..." I insist. "I use my right foot to kick the pedal," I tell him.

He shakes his head and pulls me inside. I hear the door close with a click and I find myself inside their dorm. I hear a meow and turn to a gray fluff of fur.

'I'll get a cold compress so stay here," he says as he motions me to the chair.

I nod numbly and sit on it.

"Oh," I look up and my eyes meet with Hankyung again.

 

 

 

AND HE HAS A WET LOOK AGAIN!!!

 

"You're the delivery girl," he notes.

I nod and give him a bow, "Good day; I'm sorry for causing you trouble..."

He blinks and looks at me the same way Kibum did a while ago. "Did you sprain your foot?"

I nod abashedly.

He kneels in front of me and take off my shoes. "Did Kibum let you in here?"

I nod again.

"Kibum-ah!" He yells, "You should have asked her to remove her shoes first!!"

"Sorry hyung!!"

"Where's Heechul?"

"In the bathroom."

He unties the laces of my shoes and I try to protest but I can really feel my foot swelling.

"I'm sorry for the trouble..." I say again.

"It's alright," he says, "You've been putting up with us amyway."

He glances to the side and sees the box of chapssaltteok. He sighs and shakes his head. "So that's what Heechul's been storming about," he mutters.

I bite my lower lip as he gingerly removes my shoe and sock. I wince every now and then and it causes him to look up to me.

"Sorry, did that hurt?"

"It hurts already so it's fine..." I assure him.

He smiles and Kibum emerges from the kitchen with a cold compress in hand. He hands it to Hankyung who puts it on my foot. I internally hiss at first but I start to relax at the cold sensation it provides.

"I'll go back to playing Starcraft okay, hyung?"

Hamkyung nods.

Finally I start to feel uncomfortable. "I feel fine now..." I tell him. 

He looks at me skeptically.

His hands massage my foot gently and I sigh silently at that.

"Oh the flat delivery boy," I hear a voice say from somewhere close.

I turn and saw Heechul staring at me. "Did you bring my chapssaltteok?"

I nod meekly.

"She got injured while bringing it here..." Hankyung who is still massaging my foot says.

"Hmm? Oh you were there?" Heechul asks as he moves towards us to get the box of chapssaltteok.

He glances at me and shrugs before he walks away.

"You'll feel better if your foot's constantly cooled," Hankyung says; obviously doesn't pay attention to Heechul.

I nod and try to stand up. Hankyung pushes my shoulder down with one hand and says, "I'll bandage your foot so it won't be that much of a problem."

I watch him go without a word.

Kibum glances at me and smiles. I return the smile as he turns back to the computer and continues his game. He pauses every now and then to push his glasses back and then he resumes typing and clicking.

Hankyung comes back with a bandage and a box of cooling pads.

He kneels down again and bandages my foot.

"Ah, I can do that myself..." I protest.

He turns to me and smiles, "I've already done it. Don't worry; it's not trouble at all..."

I relax albeit a bit reluctant. He places the cooling pad and wraps the bangade around it.

Well he was right that cooling it would make it feel better.

This situation is just unbelievable.

Just the other day I was a normal delivery girl that rides a motorbike until I stumbled upon that ungrateful Kim Heechul.

And today, Hankyung is tending my sprained foot.

I manage to stand. I bow to him and Kibum and say my thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

The next day I get another phone call from them. It was Kibum who spoke to me a while ago; I can tell from the tone of his voice.

My foot is feeling better and the recovery is fast. Hankyung must seally be experienced with things like this.

I hop on my motorbike and start the engine.

This time it's Yesung of Super Junior that joined me in the elevator. I supress the urge to hug him there and then and ask for his autograph since he is the one in the boy group that I disinguish the most.

He nods at me and smiles as a form for a greeting which I return a bit too eagerly.

I am an ELF after all.

I make my way to their dorm and press the doorbell. Within a matter of moments, the door opens and a curious eye peeks out.

Heechul?

Great! And I really prayed a while ago that Kibum will answer the door.

I guess meeting Yesung at the elevator jinxed it.

He opens the door wide enough for me to see him fully.

"Delivery!" I greet and try to be cheery towards him for once.

He nods and takes the order from me. He does not tease me or make fun of me.

"Could... Could you come inside?" He asks.

I turn to him quizzically. "Excuse me?"

He sighs, curses and pulls me inside forcibly.

"There I got her in! Happy now?"

Huh? He got me in?

"Hyung you were too forceful..." Kibum comments as he appears from the kitchen, I think?

"Who cares? At least I got her in..." Heechul snorts.

"What's going on?"

"Well consider it as a way of saying thanks," Hankyung says as he gestures to him and Kibum, "And sorry..." he gestures to Heechul.

Heechul shuffles uncomfortably where he stands and Kibum hands me a paper bag.

sapphire blue paper bag if I may add.

 I bow to them eagerly and say thanks at least a hundred times.

"Don't open it until you get back home, understand?" Heechul says.

At that moment I don't care if he's a jerk. I'm too happy to pay attention to him so I just nod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I place the paper bag on my bed and stare at it for a moment.

With trembling fingers, I carefully open it.

"Oh my!!"

 

 

 

 

INSIDE IS A CD OF U/TWINS!!!!!!

I dig my hand further inside and I see photo cards of all of them. And the best part is...

 

 

 

 

 

IT ALL HAS THEIR SIGNATURES!!!

 

I guess being a delivery girl isn't such a bad job after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nakuha ko po ang ideyang ito habang nanonood ng Banjun drama ng DBSK. Kung mapapansin po ninyo sinauna pa ang panahon ng kwento (naman! Twins at U?!). Ini-akma ko po ito noong mga panahong magkakasama sina Kibum, Heechul at Hankyung sa iisang dorm. Napag-alaman ko rin po sa Happy Day na nagpapa-deliver lang sila ng pagkain kapag nagugutom at kadalasan hindi nila nai-oorder si Hankyung dahil tulog pa siya... =D

Maari lamang po na mag-iwan ng komento pagkat ito'y pinahahalagahan ng may-akda.

Marami pong salamat sa pagbabasa!!

 

I got the idea of this story while watching DBSK's Banjun drama. If you notice this story takes place a long time ago (hello! Twins and U?!). I did that on purpose to make it fit in the timeline when Kibum, Heechul and Hankyung shared a separate dorm. I also found out from Happy Day that they utilize deliveries for food and often leave Hankyung out because he's still asleep... =D

Please do leave a comment as the writer treasures it.

Thank you for reading!!

God bless!!

 

chquine_harvinellisse