Insecure

Insecure

 

"Okay, that is all for today's lesson. Don't forget to revise this chapter for next week’s quiz"

I quickly stuffed all my books into my bag and made a run for it down the hallway. I glanced at my wrist watch and picked up my pace because I knew I was late. He must've been waiting long. Finally, I reached the gate and there he stood. He was leaning on the fence wall while listening to his headphone. I gave out a sigh of relief. Since he seemed pretty absorbed into whatever he's listening to, I decided to catch my breath first and fixed my appearance.

After doing so, I looked at him. A smile crept up on my face at the thought that this gorgeous handsome guy is my boyfriend. The way the dim lights of the street lamp post illuminates his facial features makes him look even more dazzling. I crept up to him slowly and leaned by his side. He winced and took off his headphone.

"Yah, do you have any idea what time it is?" he asked and pointed at his wrist watch.

"I know~ but you can't blame me. The teacher suddenly decided to extend the lesson by an hour. What can I do?"

He pouted and began walking. I quickly ran to him and linked our arms together.

"Oppa~ I'm sorry. Let's go eat ice-cream, eh?" I titled my head in front of him to make sure he was okay with it. I raised an eyebrow since he wasn’t responding and finally a smile spread across his lips. I let out a sigh of relief. I’m glad he wasn’t mad because I can never imagine us fighting. It’d be a horrible nightmare if we do.

We both walked to the nearest cafe and the mood eased through time. We sat at a table for two at the corner of the cafe. We were talking when our orders arrived. I ordered a chocolate capuccinno ice blend with ice cream while Daehyun just ordered a blue berry milkshake. I took a sip of my drink and scoop some of the ice cream. As I was swallowing it, I caught sight of Daehyun giggling.  

"What?"

"Aigoo yah. If other people see you they'd think you are clumsy and messy." he said and shook his head.

       

I still don't get it. I clearly gave him a puzzled look because he then wiped his finger at the corner of his lips. Immediately I the side of my mouth. He continued to chuckled which made me blushed due to embarassment.

"Here. Let me do it for you" he got up with a napkin in one hand and another reaching out for my face. My heart began thumping loudly as Ha Jiwon and Hyunbin's kiss scene in Secret Garden played through my head. Instantly, I closed my eyes and waited. . .

. . . .

Expectations lead to disappointments as I felt my mouth being wiped clean and then nothing more. I opened my eyes to see a smiling Daehyun. He patted my head and sat down. He then continued to drink his milkshake. I blew on my fringe which seemed to have covered my eye in frustration.

I convinced myself to not let the mood get ruined over something so petty. After finishing the drinks, Daehyun walked me back home. As we reached the drive way of my house, I turned to him and gave him a hug. I love hugging him because my face would be buried in his warm chest. I could feel him gently my head. I let go and our eyes met.

It felt like we were the only ones in this world. I stared deep into his eyes and naturally I just closed my eyes hoping for a goodnight kiss. Much to my dissapointment, he just pinched my cheeks. I pouted and gave him a disappointed look.

" You know, you're too cute to resist." he said and motioned me to go inside. I took a couple of steps before turning around to him.

"Oppa! Is that all?" I asked. I guess I was being a bit spoilt but I couldn't bother to care.

"Why? Were you expecting something more?"

"Well, . .  Its just that-"

"I'm sorry. I guess our night date was boring,huh? Tell you what.  Since tomorrow is a weekend, let's go to the amusement park" he said cheerfully.

"Amusement park?"

"Yeah, why not? It'll be fun! I'll call you later, okay?"

I sighed and just nodded. I went back. I threw myself on my bed and wanted to scream..

Jung Daehyun! This is not the relationship that I imagined. I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text hoping for something, no anything that could make me feel better.

Oppa~ good night and take care. See you tomorrow. Bbyeong~ <3.

Moments later my phone rang indicating a new message.

You too. Have a good night rest so that we can have so much fun tomorrow >_--

I stared at his message and threw the phone on my bed. Why do I feel like I'm being treated like a kid?

 

The next morning, Daehyun came over to pick me up. My parents had already left to go meet up with some friends or something and it was still early to go to the amusement park. Daehyun and I decided to just kill some time watching television at my place for a while. The mood was pretty normal until I flipped the channel and a romantic movie was playing. My heart skipped a beat as the male lead kissed the girl.  I stole some glances at Daehyun to check his reaction. He just seemed to watch whatever that’s playing on the television screen. I sighed and went to the kitchen to get some beverages because the atmosphere was seriously killing my mood. I remembered that recently I bought instant popcorn. I grabbed those too and walked back into the living room with my hands full.

 

As fate would have it, just as I was about to reach the coffee table in front of Daehyun, my feet kicked the table's leg causing me to jerk forward and it rained popcorn for a second or two. I closed my eyes hard and braced myself for the impact . . . but it never came. Slowly, I peeked open my eyes only to stare into Daehyun’s eyes. His arms were around my waist as he supported my body from falling onto the ground. We froze in that position for what seemed like forever because neither of us moved.

By instincts, I wrapped my hands around his neck and pecked his cheeks. He quickly helped me stand back and let go of me. He rubbed the back of his neck and snatched a bottle of mineral water by the table. His abrupt actions somehow offended me and it was the limit to my tolerance. I just couldn't hold it back for that moment.

"Oppa! What was that? Do you even like me?"

“What are you talking about? Of course I like you” he said as he gulped the water from the bottle. I stared at him furiously only to be distracted the next moment.

He looked amazingly gorgeous. Just the sight of his adams apple bobbing as he swallows was beyond words. No! This is not the time to fall for his charms. Get your facts straight! I mentally scolded myself after realizing that I’m still head over heels for him. I cleared my throat which managed to catch his attention.

“Oppa!” I began.

“Tell me the truth. Be honest. Do you even see me as a woman?” my serious expression must have been comical because as soon as he heard it he began chuckling.

“Oppa~ I’m serious here!” I whined trying to get his attention.

“Why are you asking me such an obvious question? Aren’t you my girlfriend? Aigoo you’re so cute” he said and ruffled my hair. A frown immediately emerged on my face and I brushed his hands off my head.

“See? Oppa! What kind of boyfriend treats their girl by ruffling their hair?” I pouted and he pinched my cheeks.

I could literally feel my face heating up. I’m not sure whether its due to rage or embarrassment.  I’m guessing its the first one because as soon as he let go I exploded.

“Oppa! I love you with all my heart and expect to be treated the same way. But why does it feel like you’re treating me like your little sister? Oppa, are you perhaps gay?!”

Judging from his expressions, my last question gave him a huge shock. Even I was surprised at myself after the words came out.

“Yah! Does it look like I’m gay? You're crazy” he told me and was about to leave the room.

“Then what? Give me your reasons for treating me this way! Why is that with Yongjae, you don't mind sharing a cookie mouth-to-mouth? And you even said that between men it’s okay!” I raised my tone a bit as the insecurities came flooding over me.

“Yah, do you really think I’m that kind of person?” he asked me. I was startled by his question. I didn't mean to put it that way.

Guilt quickly takes place as it sinks into me. I could tell that I've just hurt him in a way that could be irreparable. I wanted to explain to him that it was a misunderstanding. That I just said that out of rage and frustration but a huge lump in my throat prevented me from doing so.

Daehyun looked at me with eyes that I could never decipher. My mind went blank as suddenly the only thing that shook me back into reality was losing him. In spur of the moment, I threw myself at him hugging him tightly. I couldn't hold back my tears at the thought of losing him because of my carelessness.

I buried my face onto his chest. Soon after, I could feel warm and comforting on my back.

“Oppa?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry. I didn't mean what I said” I spoke to his chest not daring to meet his eyes.

“It’s okay. I was wrong too. I didn't know you felt that way. I guess I did treat you like a little sister sometimes but I promise you that you're definitely a woman in my eyes” he pulled me back and crouched down to meet my eyes.

He wiped away some tears and pushed back some strand hairs. My face was now exactly opposite of his. He smiled at me and cupped my face. My eyes immediately widen at the sudden skinship and I could feel my face heating up.

My heart was beating madly out of control. I can't help but admire his amazing facial features. His deep eyes which could melt me any day. His nose, his cheeks and his ears. His lips. I gulped. His full seducing lips looks so perfect. He must've noticed me staring at it because soon that smile turned into a smirk.

“You know, I just remembered” He said which snapped me out of my admiration.

“Huh?”

“We... Haven't had our first kiss yet, have we?” he asked with an intriguing tone.

“Oh? Yeah..” was the only thing I managed to utter. Though, deep in my heart I was cursing him because this was practically the cause for our fight. 

Suddenly his hands caressed my face and stopped on my chin causing me to be speechless. His eyes were staring at my lips as if he was going to devour it and all of a sudden my stomach began to churn.

“I finally understood. You were mad at me because we haven't kissed yet, right?” he asked again but this time with a provoking tone. 

Bulls eye! He caught on. My heart skipped a beat at his words. It was as if he could read my mind or heart. Not that it matters which one.

I gulped as he continued to caress my face gently making me shiver in anticipation. I only managed to nod. His hands moved and finally stopped again at my chin and tilted it.

He blew warm air against my lips making me sealed them together.

“Yah, how am I supposed to kiss you if you close your mouth like that?” he then began to trace my lips with his index finger. I closed my eyes as I felt his thumb pressing down on my lower lips. Finally, I opened my mouth and he pressed his lips onto mine.

A warm sensation quickly spread through my body like wildfire. His lips were soft and soothing. His hands gently my hair and I could feel my knees shaking. When we broke away, I was panting and quickly cupped my face to find it very warm. Daehyun looked at me and chuckled.

“Yah, are you out of breath already?” he asked

I stared at him, partially amazed at the attention I was getting from him today.

“I was just getting started” he said and winked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

*updated!! I'm sorry for being so picky and all but I just had to fix some errors which I find unforgivable. I already edited it and i hope you don't mind reading it again. Did anyone find what I fixed? 

Constructive critisism is always welcome. Thank you >_<