Key - RENEWED!

The Dollmaker

Attention, attention!: So in the poll, most of you chose the 'Correct the things that you don't like in it, make it more elaborate' option so I hid the chapters (I didn't delete them, just hid them...) and started to correct the things in them. I will  go step by step with the chapters and this, as you can see, is the renewed version of The Dollmaker's Chapter 1~ 


Jonghyun's POV

The heavy wind of the night hissed outside, shaking the trees and the windows with frightful noises, but I couldn't care less. My focus was on something else, something beautiful that I was going to create with my own two hands and vivify. I wanted to create the perfect doll and make him alive with the electric heart I had. I got only one chance and I won't fail. I planned everything precisely: his silky, blonde hair, deep and rich brown eyes and milky, soft, angel-like skin.  I didn't learn to be one of the best dollmakers for nothing.

I let a small smile dance on my lips as I started to shape his body with careful fingers. My doll was going to be flawless like no human could be! My hands got warmer, as I went along with my work, instictively caressing his half-finished face. Yeah, he was going to be a boy, the most gorgeous one, no one can be compared to him.

"How should I call you?" I cood, working on his cute nose. "Is there any name that can be good enough for you? I should find a special name..."

I wondered about the name-thing, thousands of names racing in my mind, while I finished his upper body's parts and couldn't help but blush a little. My perfect, absolutely perfect doll...

I was very careful, concentrating with all of my nerves, shaping his slim waist and chest. One wrong move and he wouldn’t be able to live! No, I couldn't allow myself to make a mistake.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you. Nothing will be able to hurt you." I knew he couldn't hear me yet (he didn’t have ears yet...), but I had to speak, it calmed me down a little bit and I wanted to hope that I reassured him too.  

I couldn't deny, I had some doubts. What if his body will reject the heart? What if he won't be as perfect as I wanted? What if...?

My doubts faded away bit by bit as I finished his face.

"Breathtaking." I whispered, even scared to speak louder not to disturb the peaceful atmosphere, letting my fingers linger on his cheeks. " You will be the key to my frozen heart." The realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. " Key! Your name will be Key!" I felt my strength return when the words left my mouth. I felt I found the perfect name for my creature.

I precisely made his soft hair and cute little ears, just like I planned. 

The last things were his eyes and my hands started to shake a little bit. After all, I was only a mere human, not perfection, like he will be.

"Please, not now... !" I cursed through gritted teeth, trying to stop the shaking. "I need Key! I need him so much!" The desperate words flew out of my mouth but I didn't really realized what I said.

I took a deep breath and slowly, carefully, put the chocolate brown eyeballs into their place where they belonged, securing them.

"Now, your heart..." With the gentleness of a father, I took out the mechanical, beating heart from the box. " Huhh, I hope you will like it." I smiled a little. 

As his heart got into the right place, a big heartbeat echoed in the room and finally,  his beautiful eyes fluttered open.

"Key?" I couldn't explain how fast my heartbeat was. Like it wanted to jump out from my ribcage... I was extremely excited and nervous, my mouth and throat felt dry and my palms sweated. It was the most important moment of my life.

I worked a lot with Key, I wanted him to be alive and perfect!

" Who... are you?" He asked in a beautiful, insecure voice that gave me goosebumps. Good, that means his brain functioned well!

"I'm Jonghyun. I'm a... dollmaker." I wanted to say 'your dollmaker' but somehow the words got stuck in my throat.

His eyes lit up as he looked down at himself, exploring every detail of his gorgeous body.

"Did you make me?" 

That means he felt the connection too! A warm smile spread on my lips and he immediately reflected it.

"Yeah." Suddenly, I felt incredibly tired. I’d worked on Key for almost 2 days, I barely ate and slept! But he was worth it all. My doll...

"Thank you." The grateful sparkle in his warm eyes made my inside warm and tingly.

"Welcome to reality, Key." I offered my hand to him and he gladly accepted it, whimpering quietly when his bare feet touched the coldness of the floor. I acted as my heart told me to do, lifting up his fragile body in my arms and much to my suprise, he snuggled closer to my chest.

"I like it here." He blinked at me, wrapping his arms around my neck but I couldn't drop him, he was so light...

"I'm glad." After some debating with myself, I planted a soft peck on his smooth forehead and he let out a happy smile, eyes closing afterwards and my perfect creature fell into a deep sleep.

 

A/N: Tada! ^^ I added a new scene at the end, I hope you like it.

The old chapter contained 520 words, the new contains 872 yay~ /claps excitedly/ And now I'm more or less satisfied with it.

Please comment and subsribe ~ ♥

tumblr_mimr5uZs9n1rvvqj8o1_500.gif

Thanks a lot for subsribing and thank you Katakatica for being this story's beta *-*