When It's Too Late

When It's Too Late

 

Sunggyu closed his eyes, feeling the wind in his hair, a slight peace coming over him. When he opened his eyes, he was faced with the spacious sky and he swore he could reach the closest cloud from where he was, feeling the dampness of air from condensation.  

Sunggyu sighed, glancing down at the civilians below, red and blue lights blinding his eyes and he closed them again, drowning out all the warnings and shouts.

“please don’t do this,” woohyun whispered into his ears, warm breath drying the dampness of the air on sunggyu’s skin.

“I want to,”

“do you think I’ll wait for you if you do?” woohyun asked, his feet dangling over the edge and hands playing at the chipped paint.

“yes,”

woohyun brushed sunggyu’s stained cheek and sighed.

“you know me too well,”

“not well enough,” sunggyu replied bitterly and woohyun knew he was talking about that day, lifeless body and dull eyes flashing in his memory.

“it wasn’t your fault,” woohyun pointed out but sunggyu knew otherwise.

“I was blind,”

“but you loved me right?” woohyun searched his eyes for an answer and sunggyu nodded, not missing a beat.

“its too late now though, it wont matter how much I love you or not,”

“wont it?”

sunggyu shook his head.

“you changed, I should’ve seen that… right in front of my eyes… I didn’t do anything,”

“you didn’t see anything,”

sunggyu bit his lip and scooted closer to the edge, a closer warning telling him to stop but they knew it was too late.

Woohyun held his hand, bringing it to his lap and playing with his fingers like he use to in the past and sunggyu realized he had missed this.

“you stopped smiling,” sunggyu pointed out to woohyun’s tired face.

Woohyun didn’t say anything, leaning over to bury his face into sunggyu’s neck and sunggyu scooted further to the edge.

Woohyun didn’t let go of his hand.

“did it hurt?” sunggyu asked, hesitant and a normal person would have replied with ‘yes,’ or ‘it was the worst feeling ever’ to stop someone from doing something bad but woohyun pulled his head away and rested his chin on sunggyu’s shoulder, his breath hot on sunggyu’s ear.

“not at all,”

~

sunggyu watched as his friends and family mourned and he tilted his hand to the side, hands digging into the bench he was sitting on, wondering if he had made the right choice.

“do you regret it?” woohyun asked appearing next to him as usual.

Sunggyu wanted to lie and say no but it seemed useless so he nodded and woohyun took his hands.

“but I don’t regret this,” sunggyu added after seeing the change in woohyun’s expression and woohyun gave him a smile, still trying to save himself from drowning in his regrets.

Sunggyu sighed, pulling woohyun up to stand beside him.

“so where do you want to go after this?”

woohyun shrugged.

“I don’t know, I was waiting for you,”

sunggyu smiled, clasping his hand tighter.

“well I don’t really care, I just want to be with you?” sunggyu said.

“until the end?” woohyun asked as he led them to the small light coming their way.

“I thought this was the end,”

woohyun gave him the smile sunggyu had been missing in the lost years and everything felt so complete suddenly.

“it’s just the beginning,”

 

A/N: i have no life, i swear. im still working on the sequel to 3 second... well, this came out of it. im sorrrrreeehhhh~~~