I love you more

Saengil Chukha Hae

 

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
Sarang ha neun Eunji-ah
Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~!’

Eunji closed her eyes and made a wish.

‘I wish to have a successful future and a long lasting relationship with Daehyun oppa’ she thought before opening her eyes and blow the candle.

 

“Happy Birthday Eunji dongsaeng~!” Yunhee beamed, clapping her hands.

Eunji smiled faintly, hugging her senior eonni.

 

“Komawo Yunhee eonni”

 

“Eunji-ah, Yunhee-ah, come let’s eat!” Youngjae called out from the dining table.

 

“Neh~” Eunji replied as she and Yunhee made their way to the dining table.

 

 “Where’s Daehyun oppa?” Eunji asked, noticing the empty space beside Zelo.

 

“He’s on a schedule eonni” Junri said, full of spaghetti sauce.

 

“Yah! Junri-ah, you aren’t a kid anymore. Wipe that sauce off your mouth” Zelo chided, throwing a tissue at Junri.

 

“Okay oppa~” Junri rolled her eyes before grabbing the tissue and wiping .

 

“Aigoo~ you Choi siblings. Is there any moment that you’re not fighting?” Junmyeon, Yunhee’s boyfriend grimaced.

 

“None” both answered in unison, their focus on the food they’re eating.

 

Everybody just chuckled except for Eunji who just had a faint smile as she look at everyone.

 

 

 

‘Why didn’t you come?’

 

 

 

 

Later that night, everyone was having fun singing and goofing around when Eunji’s phone vibrated.

 

“Hmm? Who might have called?” she asked herself as she picked up her phone. But the truth is she is expecting to see Daehyun’s name in the caller ID.

 

She flipped her phone and smiled after seeing the caller ID. Maybe her expectation didn’t fail her after all. She pressed the green button before putting her phone against her ear.

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

Jagiya! Mianhe, I didn’t come a while ago” Daehyun said over the phone, Eunji just smiled.

 

“It’s okay oppa I understand” she said softly.

 

“Uhm, there’s something I wanted to show you something actually…I you don’t mind…can you…go to the rooftop of your building?” he asked.

 

Eunji look at the others who were still happily goofing around,

 

“Okay~” she smiled before hanging up.

 

--

 

Eunji opened the door of the rooftop, the cold wind greeting her. Good thing she brought a jacket or else she would not survive out cold.

She looked at the small candles lit up and lined up to somewhere so she decided to follow them.

Upon reaching the last line of candles, she froze seeing Daehyun’s back on her, sitting on a blanket and looking at the beautiful night lights of the city of Seoul. She smiled as she snuck behind him and wrapped her arms around him.

“Happy Birthday Eunji-ah” Daehyun smiled as he turned around to hug her back.

 

“Thank you oppa” she smiled as she sat beside him and her eyes widened at the food on the blanket.

 

“You prepared all of this?” she asked with her wide eyes and Daehyun can’t help but to chuckle.

 

“Yeah, you like it?” he asked as he put an arm around her and pulled her close to his body.

 

“No...I love it” Eunji giggled as they both looked at the beautiful lights of Seoul. Eunji let out a satisfied sigh; she couldn’t express her happiness right now.

 

Comfortable silence filled the whole atmosphere with Eunji’s head on his shoulder as the cold wind blow gently on them. She felt Daehyun slightly shifted on his sit as if he’s getting something on his pocket.

 

“Eunji-ah” he broke the silence, look at her.

 

“Neh oppa?” she looked back at him and smiled.

 

“I know that we’ve been just in a relationship for 3 years and I know that this is just a bit early and too fast...” Daehyun nervously said, biting his lips a bit.

 

“What is it oppa?” Eunji asked as she pulled away from him, tilting her head to the side.

 

Daehyun looked at her with eyes full of love as he took out a blue box and opened it, revealing a stunning diamond ring. Eunji gasped, her eyes widened as tears welled up her eyes.

 

“Jung Eunji-ah, from the first time I saw you I knew that you’re gonna be the one whom I’m going to spend my entire lifetime with. I don’t care if I’m famous right now or what but as long as you’re here beside me, I’m going to be the happiest man in the world. I don’t care what others would say because as long as we’re happy and I love you, no one could tear us apart. So, Eunji-ah…will you marry me?”

 

As if on cue, fireworks started to show up in the sky. Eunji looked at the fireworks and saw the words

 

 ‘I love you Jung Eunji! Will you marry me?’

 

She looked back at Daehyun who was smiling and waiting for her answer. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she nodded and hugged him tight.

 

“Yes oppa! I do! I do marry you!” she said.

 

She pulled away from Daehyun and both stared at each other’s eyes.

 

“I love you Daehyun oppa”

 

“I love you more Eunji-ah”

 

 

 

And both shared a sweet, passionate kiss under the fireworks.