On the Verge

On the Verge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon's POV]

 

"Life is a party gareji kara Suite room, Itsu datte anata ga Boom Boom Boom. Hadeni Car chase hanano Around, Hikitsuke rarete Boom Boom Boom."

I paused the video as a lone tear trickled down my cheek. Why did things go awry? The nine of us went through thick and thin, ups and downs, and most of all, we forged such a strong bond between us. When we first debuted, we were the hoobaes in SMent, disappointments came crashing down on us again and again, but we never gave up then. We worked hard and our efforts paid off, we became a sensational hit in no time after 'Gee' was released, we shared fame and success. We shared joy and pain. But what about now?

I sniffed while I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, again. I've been crying continuously recently. Crying was useless. But it was the only way I could release those bottled feelings, the stress, the melancholy,  the frustration.

When the cameras were on roll, the other eight members smiled and acted as though nothing was wrong at all, just like the paparazzi music video. In front of the cameras, Girls' Generation was the most perfect and united group, but behind those lights and media, Girls' Generation, was nothing but nine girls. Nine cold and empty girls.

Of course our manager sensed something amiss with our contradicting attitudes. But all he said to me was, "You're the leader. I don't care what you do. Fix this."

How can I fix something that was never a whole?

How can I fix something that's beyond repair?

How can I fix a person?

How can I fix bonds?

Fixing would never solve this. This wasn't as simple as just fixing something.

Fixing won't change or replace our discontent, our unhappiness, our unwilling.

What's done is done.

I cringed at this thought.

Although we did not enjoy such fame during our debut or trainee days, but that period was the most happiest time I spent with my members. The fame only begun my walk on the tightrope, now, the tightrope is getting more and more unstable. I am going to fall. One mistake and it's game over. We're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter