Best Friends and Video Games

Best Friends and Video Games

  Our relationship started with the simplest of things: two guy friends wanting to play video games.

  I had nothing to do that day, my mind was numb with thoughts of absolutely nothing. I was an only child and both of my parents were away on a business trip for a week or two. I called my friends and asked if they wanted to come over but they were too busy shoving their tongues down their girlfriends throats. And I had no girlfriend. I was ing lonely.

  With nothing to do, I hoped on the couch in hopes of finding something interesting appearing before me. I watched T.V for a while but I quickly lost interest, they only had on ridiculous dramas that I never understood. Forcing myself off of the couch, I moped around the empty house. It was almost always like this. My parents worked, worked, and only worked. Most teens would kill to have parent like mine -the type that didn't give a about what you did- but it was lonely living like this. I wish my mom would nag me about school or not keeping my room clean, but they could never spare a second for me. All of their time went toward working, they only cared for the money they earned from it though. I once attempted to get their attention by turning my room into a land fill but they didn't even bat an eye at the foul stench or sight. It was hell to clean up after. Our neighbors often sent over home cooked meals when they knew that my parents were off on another trip. They felt sympathetic for me. I really appreciated their kindness, especially with my cooking skills being nonexistent. I probably wouldn't even be alive without their kindness. Without them I probably would've given myself food poisoning by now, a rather sad way to die. And one of my neighbors had to be my favorite.

  Choi Seunghyun. He's 16-years-old (only one year younger than myself) and my best friend. We mostly became friends due to the fact that we were both lonely guys stuck at home. His father was in the army thus was barely home. His mother had to support their family by working one too many hours and he did have an older sister, but she was a attending college far away so they didn't see each other much. As a result, he was often bored like me and we became friends quickly, learning almost everything about each other. A bromance if you dare say it.

  With him on my mind I reached for my cell-phone and dialed his number. After three or four rings he finally picked up.

  "Seunghyun, my savior!" I jokingly said into the phone.

  "Wookie, my awakener!" He replied with half of a voice.

  "I woke you up?" I asked without an ounce of guilt.

  "No, it's perfectly normal for me to awake at eight am on a Saturday morning."  He replied with sarcasm. I smiled imagining his messy bed head and the pout on his lips.

  "You're awake now, aren't you?"

  "Unfortunately so."

  "Then lug your outta bed and come over!"

  "You're lucky that I love you or I wouldn't have even picked up. I'll see you in a few minutes."

  We hung up and I jumped off the couch to change, I was still in my pajamas. I changed into casual clothes and set up my xbox. My day was considerably brightened because of Seunghyun. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. I rushed to open it and my lips without thinking. His chocolate eyes were glazed over with sleep and his poor attempt of combing his cotton candy colored hair left it sticking up in a few odd places. He had on dark jeans and an oversized gray sweater he most likely just threw on. It was completely and utterly adorable.

  "Ready to play?" I asked and moved aside so he could enter. Seunghyun yawned and nodded faintly. He left his sneakers at the door and made his way into my home. I sat down on the floor with my legs spread apart and took my controller in hand. He sat in between my legs and took his own controller, he left it here since it was more convenient than bringing it back and forth. Seunghyun had a strange habit of sitting in between my legs, he begun doing it within a few weeks of becoming friends. I wasn't uncomfortable with it though, it was nice -and not in the ual kind of way. He was always warm and it was as if I was hugging a piece of the sun. He nestled in and leaned into me, tugging the sweater he had on a little tighter around himself. I brought my knees up and positioned my arms so that the back of my elbows met my knees. It was an easier way of playing with Seunghyun being where he is.

  "You wanna team up or go against each other?" He asked and leaned back so his eyes met mine. I gulped.

  "It's up to you, it never really matters to me." I replied. Seunghyun turned his attention back to the screen and let it pick randomly. It put us in separate teams and we picked our characters. Just to get a rise out of him, I chose his favorite character rather than my usual one.

  "Wookie!" He hit me with his controller. "Change your character! You know he's my favorite, c'mon Wookie!"

  I smiled at his child-like attitude and picked my usual character instead. He went back to the game with a satisfied smile and leaned back into my chest. A comfortable silence fell upon us as the game began. The only sounds that could be heard were the rapid taps of game consoles and yelps of pain from characters in the game. Seunghyun and I would giggle at the sillier ones -which were most of them- but stay silent the rest of the time. Moments like these were what we preferred, simple fun.

  I got distracted after a while and began playing with Seunghyun's blue locks. I discarded my controller and played fondly with his hair, twisting and turning the soft locks between my fingers. I wanted to reach out and bite them, to see if their color and texture could speak for its taste. Would he taste as sweet? He didn't seem to mind and leaned back every now and then to simply savor the feel. I did this for a while until I got bolder. By now, his controller followed my own and he was nearing the bliss of sleep in my arms. I his cheek with the back of my hand and used my fingertips of gently trace his jaw, moving lower to his neck. His skin was warm porcelain under my finger tips, it was inhumanly perfect. I was hypnotized. His head was tilted back on my shoulder, exposing the temptation to me. He was right there, vulnerable in my arms. I was lost, fascinated by my enchanting neighbor. Truth be told, I've always had a crush on Seunghyun. But I've never acted on my feelings until now. I leaned forward slowly, only taking in miniature breaths. My heart beat was hammering away in my chest, wanting. I tilted my head to the side in position for a kiss, taking in the sight before me. My face ghosting over his own. Only millimeters away. A mere breath away from  what could be pure bliss.

  Crap.

  Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open. I leaped back as quickly as I could and stumbled on the couch, causing Seunhyun to fall back onto the carpeted floor. , was he awake the entire time? My heart was in my throat beating a million beats each passing second. I was caught, I was dead! I shouldn't have been doing that to my best friend while he was sleeping! I nervously bit my lip. I couldn't calm the war of emotions inside of me. My thoughts wouldn't cease.

  "Wookie?" Seunghyun asked groggily while getting up from the floor. He stumbled slightly in the process and looked at me with curiosity.

  "Y-yeah? I'm right here." I mumbled out, keeping my head hung. He plopped down on the couch next to me and also leaned on me. I peeked a side glance at him. He stifled a yawn with the back of his hand and rubbed the fog from his eyes. He was acting normal enough, maybe he really was asleep the entire time. Thank the lord if he was. We stayed silent for a while. I was too scared to say anything to him. I didn't dare to move away either. What could I do at this moment? Seunghyun seemed to be falling asleep again but I couldn't calm my nerves. And he broke the silence.

  "Why'd you stop?" He suddenly asked. I choked on my own saliva.

  "W-what?" I stuttered out on disbelief. I couldn't believe that those words just came out of his mouth. I had to be dreaming.

  "You heard me the first, didn't you?"

  I was at a loss for words. Why didn't I stop? He didn't want me to and he was actually awake? ity, , , .

  "I don't know..." I managed to croak out. My mind was in over drive attempting to decipher his words. I didn't know what to think or say. I felt him move beside me and I sheepishly raised my head. Seunghyun inched closer to my face, examining it with interest. My eyes were the size of saucers and my mouth suddenly went dry.

  "You didn't have to stop." He said innocently enough.

  Holy .

 "I didn't have to s-stop?" I replied, but it was more of a question than anything else. I was dreaming, I had to be.

  "Not really...you can finish if you want."

  And we have ze first mwuah and love each other.

  The End.

___________________________________

  A/N: As you can see -or now know- I usually prefer Seunghyun being the uke. I can't see the adorable bingu TOP as being the overly masculine, heart less, and usually addicted person that some authors portray him as being. But I admit to him being ing y, nobody can deny that fact.

  Back to the story, thanks for reading it so that you reach the authors note! I actually intended on creating an actual ending but my brain just wouldn't allow me to. I'm deeply sorry for disappointing you and not giving you can actual kiss scene. But hey. They still love each other in the end, don't they?

  Look forward to future stories~! If you're willing to write and ending for this, I'd gladly accept it and replace mine with your's. Suggestions or requests would be gladly accepted. <3