Chapter 5

You're My Oppa: MBLAQ Edition

So... my dad just walked in on me spazzing. He thought I was having some kind of an attack. I told him it was just a korean drama. Awkward...


It was finally here, the first day of filming. It had been a week since your first meeting with Tablo at MNet. Later that night you had called the number on the card he had given you, surprised when it ended up being his personal cell number.

 

“This is Tablo,” came the voice from the other end of the line, shocking you. After remembering he was someone famous, you hadn’t thought he had given you his personal number. “Hello? Is anyone there?”

“Ah, y-yes,” you stuttered. “This is the girl from earlier, Kwon Hye-Su. We met at the MNet building.” There was a moment of silence. “You talked to me about being on the new Mnet variety show with those MBLAQ people?”

“Oh, right!” You sighed in relief. You thought he had forgotten for a moment. “So, Miss Kwon, have you had enough time to think about the offer?”

“Yes, actually,” you responded. “I’d like to do the show.”

“Great! Now there’s just  a few things to take care of.”

“Like?”

“It’s nothing that can be handled over the phone, so how about you meet me at the front of the MNet building at 8 am tomorrow. You don’t have school right?”

“Right. I’ll be there.”

 

You had met up with the Epik High member at 8 am and for the next few hours undergone several interviews and psychological tests (“To make sure you aren’t a danger to the MBLAQ members” Tablo had told you), after which you had signed a contract stating you wouldn’t reveal any part of the members private lives that wasn’t shown on the show, you wouldn’t take things from the apartment to sell, things like that. What kind of person do they think I am? You had thought as you signed at the bottom.

Now, back to the present. It was currently 5:30 am on a Saturday, and you were on your way to the MBLAQ dorm. About a block away from your destination you met up with the cameramen/women and Tablo. “Good morning!” you greeted with a bow.

“Good morning Hye-Su ssi,” greeted Tablo. He eyed your backpack and small suitcase. “It that all you brought?”

You felt your face grow red. “This is almost all I have,” you mumbled, barely loud enough for the others to hear.

“Don’t worry about it, kid,” said the idol. “Anyway, we’re about to start filming. Just act natural, okay?” You nodded. “Alright, roll camera!”

We started walking again, and Tablo introduced you to the viewers, after which you two talked about yourself until you reached the dorm. You punched in the code the PD had given you and walked in. The only thought in your mind was, What on earth have I gotten myself into?