Sleep Tight

My Weird Sleeping Habit

 

You were laying in your bed on you stomach, busy playing with your phone when suddenly someone knocked your door, made you jump slightly. The door slung open and your mom entered your big sized room.
 
You replied her sweet smile as you sat up on your bed and she went to sit at the corner of the bed. "Minji ah, The Kim's and The Ahn's--" before your mom could finished her sentences, you cut off, "I know. It must be the camping , right?" you raised your eyebrow.
 
She reached for your hands, "Aigoo~ It must have been like a must do in your list" she squeezed your hands gently as both of you filled the air with your giggles.
 
She stood up and walked towards your door and she turned around, "Ha! No excuses okay" your mom smiled as you pouted. She knew that you had a major problem with your sleep during the camping.
 
"Honey, it's the only chance you could meet their son, Myungsoo after a few years he's study abroad" her eyes softened as she realized the changed of your expression and she leave you.
 
 
During the day of the camping, you wore a very simple outfit; a hat, sunglasses, jeans and a blouse with your favorite denim jacket.
 
You skipped to the car, "Omma~" you kissed your mom on her cheek. "Did you bring your teddy bear?" she teased you. "Omma~!" you whined and your dad laughed too, "Appa~!" you stomped your feet like a little kid.
 
On your way to the camping site, you plugged in your ear with your earphone and listened to your playlist. You were humming to the song along as you felt excited to meet Myungsoo later.
 
After a few hours of travelling, you arrived at the camping site. By the time you arrived there, it was already evening. As your parents were unpacking the stuff, you greeted The Kim's, "Annyeong auntie, uncle~" you gave him your sweet smile.
 
They gave you a warm hugged and you could saw Myungsoo or L was busy unpacking over their shoulder. They realized your stare and pushed you, "Go and have a chat with him" they smiled and nodded.
 
Slowly you approached him and he lift his face up. You smiled at him, made your eyes turned into a single line, "Annyeong Kim Myungsoo!" you waved at him. He wore the same denim jacket as yours.
 
He cleared his throat, "L" and he continued unpacking. Then it clicked you, he used to be called L. "Ahh.." you nodded and the atmosphere became awkward. You took a last glanced before you left him, not knowing what to say anymore.
 
The men set up the fire in the middle of the tents. There were 4 tents; your parents, L's parents, yours and his.
 
Meanwhile, the women prepared the BBQ. "Ahh.. It's hot! It's hot!" you fanned your tongue right after L's mom feed you a small piece of beef. The mothers giggled at your reaction as they brought the beef to the rest of them.
 
You guys were sitting around the bonfire and it happened to be L sat opposite to you. He took his guitar and started playing. You were mesmerizing of the beautiful sight with his flawless face was brightened from the fire.
 
You startled when he stopped and stared at you. You cleared your throat awkwardly and took a sip of your drink.
 
 
Then, the time that you hate the most had approached you. It was sleep time. You couldn't sleep and felt uncomfortable without anything that you could hug. Well, it was your weird sleep habit.
 
You were staring at your phone while you laid down on the mattress. You kept turning your body to the left and to the right and tried to find any comfortable spot but you still couldn't sleep.
 
With extra carefulness, you get out from your tent and sat in front the bonfire. After a few minutes you started getting sleepy but what can you do, even if you tried to go to sleep, you still felt uncomfortable.
 
You stretched your body as you yawned and started walking around, looking for something to eat as you started getting bored. Your face lit up when you saw a packet of marshmallow. It was deja vu.
 
After you left it half, you kept walking around and sang a song. You picked up a stick and waved it in the air as you were singing and sat again at your spot.
 
You wrote 'Kim Myungsoooo' and stopped singing. You sighed at the sight of his name, "Why we were so awkward? Oh my God! It was so so embarrassing!!" you covered your face with your small hands as the scene of you and him was playing in your mind.
 
"Then, let's not act awkwardly" you startled and looked around and get to see L was standing right behind you. "A-annyeong Kim.. I mean L" you bowed slightly at him and he plopped himself next to you.
 
You had already forgotten about his name on the ground. He realized it and leaned closer to you, you were shocked at his sudden move, "Hmm? My name only have two O" his eyes were fixed at his name.
 
You went puzzled and looked at where his eyes were fixed at. You were stuttering as you quickly erased his name with your leg, "S-sorry" you tried to avoid his eyes as your face flushed red.
 
"I love your voice when you sang just now" he complimented you and you turned to him, "Y-you heard it?" he nodded and smiled at you. It was his first time smiling at you and your heart beat so fast.
 
He took out his phone, "It's already 1 in the morning. Why didn't you go to sleep yet?" he asked. You moved your legs to your chest and cuddled it, "Well.. I.." he cut you off, "Can't sleep because I would feel uncomfortable without anything to hug. That's what you could say right?" he looked at you.
 
You looked at him and giggled, "Maybe you had already know about my.. weird sleep habit" you shrugged. "Wait here" he stood up and left you. Then, you felt a jacket covered around you from behind. It was the denim jacket but the perfume wasn't yours.
 
He sat next to you and brought his guitar too. He smiled at you, "It's mine" only two words could explain everything to you because he had the same denim jacket as yours. "Well, thanks" you smiled at him.
 
"Let me sing you a song as the lullaby so you could sleep tight tonight" he started playing the guitar and you were immersed with his talent again.
 
Then he played the second song and you were shocked, "This.." you pointed at him and he nodded, "It's the song you sang just now. I play it on purpose because I want to hear you sing it in again but this time, in front of me" he grinned.
 
You sang first and he joined you. You clapped your hands like a little kid as he finished playing the guitar, "Whoah! You're so good!!" He smiled at you and suddenly he gasped, "I supposed to make you sleep. Aish.." he pursed his lips as you laughed at him.
 
Then, you yawned and covered your face with both sleeves of his jacket. "You're sleepy?" he examined you. Unconsciously, you leaned your head on his shoulder with your eyes closed and he was shocked with your reaction.
 
"I am, but I can't sleep comfortably, you know" you sighed. He giggled, "You can just sleep on my shoulder then" you opened your eyes and you realized that you were leaning on his shoulder and you let out an awkward laugh to cover it up.
 
He stood up and you looked at him, "Go to your tent. It's really really late now. I can't keep accompany you like that time anymore" and he went to his tent, leaving you alone.
 
"L! Your jacket.." you stood up but he had already went into his tent. You went to yours and laid on the mattress on your right side with his jacket covered your upper body.
 
Then you felt someone had entered your tent and laid near to your back. Slowly you turned around and saw L as he was facing you and smiled. You were really shocked seeing him in your tent and he moved closer to cover your mouth, "Shh!" and you nodded before he let you go.
 
Before you could say anything, he laid on your mattress, "Come on, lay down" he patted the space next to him and you obeyed him. 
 
You faced him and he faced you too, "What are you doing here? In my tent?!" you asked and he closed his eyes. You pouted, "L!" you shook his body but he didn't budged. You observed his face, "Why do you want people around you to call you L? I'd prefer to call you Myungsoo" you were mumbling but L heard it.
 
Hearing that, he flickered opened his eyes and you were startled. "Yah! Get out!" you slapped his arm. Then suddenly he wrapped his hand around your waist, pulling you to get closer.
 
Your heart skipped a beat with his sudden move. "Y-you said that you won't accompany me anymore" you sounded more like you were sulking and he chuckled. Then, you felt his hand was your hair, "I won't. But now, you can hug me and sleep comfortably" he looked at you and gave you a sweet smile.
 
"Let me be your most favorite pillow for you to hug every night" he tightened the hug, "And, Myungsoo is only for the one who I love can call me by that name and I think you can start calling me Myungsoo" and you snuggled against his chest, hiding your red face.