One of A Kind

One of A Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I really can't picture anyone having a crush on me.

I can't picture someone thinking about me before they fall asleep,

I can't picture anyone getting butterflies because I said hi to them, or even just smiled at them. 

I can't picture someone smiling at the computer screen or their cell phone when we're talking.

I mean, why would they even do that?

I'm just me. Nothing extraordinary, or special. 

But surprisingly, of all people, the only person who had those effects with me was Kim Jongin.

Also known as Kai, Seoul Performing Arts High School's kingka. 

 

~~~

 

Flashback

 

"____-ssi, I'm gonna make a confession. I really like you, okay? Even though I know that we're just mere acquaintances but trust me, I've had the deepest crush on you ever since we entered high school. I just couldn't get you out of my mind before I sleep every night. And I get this fuzzy feeling in my stomach whenever you said hi to me or even just smiled at me. I'd make excuses just so I get to talk to you." blurted Kai as I stared at him like he'd grown two heads.

*Am I dreaming, or is the school's kingka really telling me he's having the biggest crush on me?!* 

"What I'm trying to say is, ...would you be my girlfriend?" asked the guy every girl in this school dreamed to be with. 

I didn't believe those were sincere words, "How do I know what you're telling me is true? I mean, you ARE the kingka of the school after all. There are so many more beautiful and drool-worthy girls out there. I'm just plain, boring ol' me. This is probably just a prank or either it's a dare your friends made you do. Whatever, I'm outta here." 

I turn around on my heels and decided to not be naive. Before I took another step towards the school gates, a hand grasped my upper arm and twisted me around. I gasped when mine and Kai's faces were only inches apart.

"Please, believe me. What I said was all from the very bottom of my heart. And if you want to know why I like you, it's because you're different. You're a smart and intelligent but silly girl, who has low self-esteem. Not like some girls who don't have the brain but are only proud of their physical looks and think with that, they can have all the boys they want. But no, I hate those kinds of girls, too many of those are around me all the time. You think you're just plain, boring ol' you? Well, probably because of that, I think you stand out the most."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter