The Last Chance...

The Last Chance

 

Heecheol ran back to the house he and Eunmi shared as fast as his legs could carry. Even though his lungs were about the collapse from all the running, he told himself not to stop. * I can’t let Eunmi go like this,* he thought as he continued to run home with Siwan’s words lingering in his mind.

***

Eunmi and Heecheol have been together ever since they met through Siwan during a gathering. Siwan and Heecheol are also best friends ever since they were young and Siwan trusted him a lot. That’s why he approved his best friend and his school junior together.

Heecheol fell for Eunmi at first sight. At first, Eunmi didn’t accept Heecheol but seeing his determination; she slowly fell for him and accepted him.

They had a smooth sailing relationship for the first year together but after that, Heecheol started forgetting things about them. Like the anniversaries, her birthdays and even Valentine’s Day. He rather spends time with his friends than his girlfriend.

No matter how much Eunmi could tolerate him; there is always a limit to everyone’s tolerance.

She swore, if he messes anything up in the year, she will never be soft and forgiving to him again. He needs to learn a lesson.

This was the last chance she was ever going to give him.

***

Flashback

It was Heecheol and Eunmi’s 3rd year anniversary as a couple. They were already living with one another since both their parents approved of this relationship. However, they didn’t know what they were actually going through.

Heecheol and Eunmi just had a huge verbal fight 2 months ago because he forgot about her birthday. She wasn’t the type to care about such things this much but it bothered her because he didn’t even remember or wished her ‘happy birthday’. Everyone did, except him. He even came home extremely late that day and didn’t acknowledge her presence. It wasn’t the first time already. It was the 2nd time it happened despite the fact that he promise that he won’t do it again.  

She gave him chance repeatedly but it took all those for granted.

She called Siwan up and asked him about Heecheol’s whereabouts.

“Siwan oppa?”

“Ah! Yes Eunmi ah?”

“I-is Heecheol oppa with you right now?” her voice started to quiver.

“No he is not. Isn’t it your anniversary today? Shouldn’t he be home?” Siwan questioned her.

“H-he is not…” She was about to breakdown, thinking that Heecheol might have forgotten about their anniversary, again.

“I’ll help you to contact him Eunmi ah,” Siwan tried to give her hope

“Thank you Siwan oppa,” she hung up after that

*That . Where on earth is he now?” Siwan thought angrily as he dialed Heecheol’s number furiously on his phone. *I regretted giving her to you…* Siwan sighed as he continued to call him until he picks up his phone.

After many unsuccessful tries, he finally answers.

“yo! What’s up dude?” Heecheol said.

“I can’t believe you still had the cheek to say this. Have you seriously forgotten what today is?” Siwan was starting to flare.

“Woah… Chill dude. Today? Hmm…. Let me think,” there was a moment of silence on the phone, “OH! I remembered! Today is the day of that exciting soccer match between Aresenal an Manchester United! WOOHOO!” he cheered over the phone.

After hearing that, Siwan blew.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? DUDE! IT’S YOUR ANNIVERSARY TODAY. THIS ISN’T THE FIRST TIME YOU FORGOTTEN AN IMPORTANT EVENT,” Siwan roared at him over the phone.

Heecheol was speechless. He had really forgotten about it. *Damn, I’m screwed.*

“I-I, i-it just slipped out of my m-mind,” Heecheol stuttered.

“Slipped out of your mind? Have you ever cared about how Eunmi feels? She is waiting for you at home, thinking that something had happen to you and there you are forgetting about something important again. You are hopeless. Do something before you really screw everything up,” after that, Siwan hung up the phone.  

**

Eunmi sat in the living room, thinking about what could have happened to Heecheol. She was starting to get worried.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

She approached the door, hoping to see Heecheol but it wasn’t. It was Siwan.

“Hey Siwan oppa,” Eunmi tried to put on a brave front in front of him but failed. Siwan knew her too well.

“Don’t try to pretend to be fine Eunmi. I know you for too long,” he said as he sat down beside her,” I’ve called him.”

“What did he say?” she was hoping that he didn’t forget about the anniversary but deep down, she had a feeling he already did.

Siwan didn’t answer her and looked away.

She knew it.

He had really forgotten about it again.

She sighed and stood up.

Siwan was shocked at her actions.

“What are you doing Eunmi?” Siwan asked her. He was worried about her.

“Oppa, I think I had enough. I shouldn’t be forgiving a person takes all his promises lightly,” she turned to him and smiled, “I’ve decided to move back to the States.”

She walked up to her room and got ready to pack.

Siwan was astonished.

*I must get Heecheol here right now!* he thought.

Without saying a word to Eunmi, he dashed out of the house and drove to find Heecheol immediately.

End Flashback

 

***

Siwan ran into the bar Heecheol was in and pulled him up by his collar, “Why are you still here?! Eunmi is leaving and it’s all because of you!” and he threw a punched over his face.

Heecheol grunted as he wiped the blood on his lips with the back of his hand and glared at Siwan.

Apparently, Heecheol didn’t hear a word Siwan said.

Siwan ran over and grabbed him by his collar again, “Did you ing hear what I say?! EUNMI IS LEAVING TO THE STATES AND IT’S BECAUSE OF YOU!” he spat and threw him onto the ground.

Heecheol was still trying to absorb whatever Siwan just said in.

*EUNMI. LEAVING. FOREVER.*

His eye widen in fear, *NO!*

He stood up and dashed out of the place.  

***

Dark ominous clouds began to form above him. Not long after, it started to pour. He smirked to himself as he ran.

He reached home, the house that the both of them shared. He was drenched from head to toe. He opened the door with his key and took a step into their house. The first thing he saw was her luggage.  

He closed the door behind him and stormed into the room they shared.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” he raged.

She ignored his presence and continued to pack her stuffs.

He went over to her and grabbed her hands and forced her to look at him. She didn’t say and word and stared emotionlessly on the floor.

“LOOK AT ME!” Heecheol screamed but she didn’t bothered.

“I SAID LOOK AT ME!” He said again. This time, she stared emotionlessly into his eyes. He was starting to get scared but he didn’t show.

Both of them had the feeling that it was the end of their relationship already.

Heecheol stared right into her eyes and said, “Can you say that you love me again?”

He was hoping she would but all she said was,

“I’m sorry…”

She picked up her stuffs and walked down the stairs.

“Fine. Go, and don’t ever come back!” Heecheol spat. He was shocked that he actually said that and he couldn’t take it back anymore. *Damn, what the hell did I say!*

After hearing that, Eunmi’s heart shattered into a million pieces.

*He didn’t even bother to beg me to stay. I guess this is really the end. * A drop of tear slid down her cheeks as she walked out of the house.

Heecheol stood rooted to the ground.

*She really left, forever.* he couldn’t accept the fact that she really left him this time.

He finally realizes what he was doing and chased after her.

***

It was raining heavily and Eunmi didn’t even want to use her umbrella. She just took her things and dragged it down the pathway that leads to the main road, where she could call for a cab.

She stood under the rain and waited for a cab but there was none.

Heecheol spotted her from a far and ran even fast to chase after her.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him.

“I-I’m really sorry Eunmi. Please don’t leave me. I can never live without you. You have become an important part in my life. I don’t know how to survive without you, “Heecheol cried.

Eunmi could feel Heecheol’s tears running down her neck. She smiled and pats his back and pulled away from the embrace.

“I’m sorry to Heecheol oppa. But, it’s best for both of us to forget about one another. You can find another girl who will be so much better than me,” Eunmi said.

She smiled at him and gave him one last hug.

She loved him a lot still, but she had no choice. She didn’t want to be living with a person who doesn’t take their promises seriously.

She broke away from the hug and said, “Live well, and find someone who is much better than me.”

She took her things and loaded it onto the cab. She opened the door and sat in the cab.

“Ahjussi, to the airport please. Thank you,” she didn’t even take one last look at him and put on a smile on her face.

Heecheol just stood there staring at her disappearing figure, not doing anything to stop her.

Then, the driver started the engine and drove off.

Heecheol stared at the car that drove off right in front of him with the girl he was always in love with.

*She’s gone. She is really gone. She is never going to come back. Jung Heecheol, you’ve screwed up everything in your life forever.* He thought to himself.

**

As soon as the driver drove off, Eunmi’s smile disappeared. Tears started falling uncontrollably down her cheeks as she furiously tried to wipe them off.

All these years when they were together, she was tolerating everything he does and hoping one day he might change. But never, he never did.

She took out her phone and typed a message of gratitude to Siwan all these years for taking care of her.  She held her phone tightly on her palm as she thought about all her memories with Heecheol.

*The memories that you left has all become a past to me…*

 

 

The End.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done! C: Finally after trying the get the story out for like 3 hours. eue

anyways, i'll finish my other story, Once upon a love ft EXO Kai and Sehun, sometime this week. 

Wait for it! ;)

 

Thanks for reading guys! 

 l love you! 8D

-waves-