chapter 2 - the handsome stranger

The 12 patchwork angels

'Please~' The voice begged, 'Please, I can save you. I know I can!'

'Lay dear, your powers are not strong enough, and even if they were I would still not wish of it.'

I glanced through the gap between the door and the wall: grandma was looking worriedly at a handsome young man. His hair slightly flicked up and his brown eyes were dark with frustration.

'Why!? Why would you do this to us!? We love you and yet you want to die!?'

'I didn't say that I wanted to die, I said that it was more so my time to die. I'm an old woman, Lay. You guys are still young, you have forever still. I'm sorry I wasn't able to break the curse, but I hope that you will look after _____-'

'Of course we will, you know that. We don't get a choice in the matter. We're not angry at you, you know? And we don’t blame you for the curse, but still there has to be something we can do!'

'There is.'

'…'

'You can give an old woman her rest. You all know that I love you all too. Look after ____ when I'm gone, she needs a guiding hand. Now let me sleep. We'll talk about it again tomorrow…'

With that, she fell back onto the bed, her eyes closed. Lay rushed over to her, tucking her in he whispered, 'There won't be a tomorrow…' a single tear shed down his cheek. He turned and looked at the gap between the door, straight at me!

I froze. He knew I was there all along? I couldn’t move as he slowly walked up to me. I stood there as I was a statue. I flinched as he moved his hand towards me: he lightly placed it on my head and ruffled my hair. I gazed up at the perfect face: getting lost in his dark yet warm eyes. He smiled, 'You should go to bed ____.' My heart leapt. I'd never seen or talked to a handsome stranger before. I nodded and he ruffled my hair. As I walked to my room, I only turned my head back once to get a better look, but he was gone.                   

 

When I woke up the next day I knew something was wrong. Mama and papa were completely silent and it wasn't because of the argument that they had had last night. The whole breakfast, we sat in silence. I couldn’t take it anymore, I ran to grandma's room. I was right. She was gone.

I remembered what I had heard that stranger had said: something about there being no tomorrow. But it was tomorrow. He had kidnapped her!? I ran back to my parents, 'Mama! Papa! I think grandma's been kidnapped!' as I said that I noticed that their faces only grew grimmer.

'No sweetie, grandma's just moved away. She wanted to go to the city.' My mother lied.

I knew she was lying! Grandma loved this place, she loved the ocean, and she loved us. She would never leave this place. My eyes widened in realisation. I ran straight to grandma's room and ducked under the bed. Sure enough the crimson box with the gold patterns was still there. I put it on top of the bed and opened it up: the 12 dolls were still sitting there, the sewn smiles still on their faces.

I got frustrated and threw the box with all of my might. The dolls came tumbling out, and so did something else. Something that was at the bottom of the box, hidden by the dolls: a letter.

A letter from grandma, to me.    

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

AN- sorry for not updating (its harder now with two storys running at once)  anyway i hope you enjoy this story so far.

heres a cute pic of lulu, lay and kris