I

Dragon Tattoo

 

"That's all for today Mr. Park." Ryeowook explained as he laid the files down on his boss's desk. 
 
Mr. Park nodded and gestured for him to leave. Ryeowook understood the gesture and headed out the door and back to his desk. Not five minutes after he sat down he heard the sound of the elevator. He didn't need to look up, the clock read 1:21 pm and he knew exactly who it was, the same man it was everyday. 
 
A tall and broad man always came in at 1:21, not a minute before or a minute after. He always wore a black, leather jacket with dark blue jeans, boots, and sunglasses. The occasional cap from time to time but otherwise it was the same everyday. 
 
He had never heard the man speak or heard his voice but no matter what the boss was doing, he would put it aside and let the man in. He couldn't hear a word through the sound proof walls but he got a creepy feeling from the man; like he didn't want to be messed with. Then again Ryeowook got the same feeling from his boss, only that was 10x worse. 
 
His boss was a nice man; handsome, charming, charismatic. But behind those onyx eyes and dimpled smile was a cold-hearted man. Sure he was nice but he reminded Ryeowook of a shark. He always had a way of sniffing things out from miles away. 
 
"Then again, that's probably what made him Korea's number one lawyer." the secretary mumbled. 
 
He looked once more at the closed door and tried to think of what could possibly be going on behind it. He would never admit it aloud but he has watched security tapes that he had bribed off the guards to see if he could figure something out but for some reason the sound was always muted and no matter what he couldn't read lips. 
 
Those two weren't right, well safe at least, that much the younger male knew for a fact but he couldn't get any proof to back up his claims. The man was a lawyer for pity's sake, of course he was a snake in the grass, but even a snake seemed more trust worthy than the man he worked for at times. But other times he was the sweetest man the world had ever seen, with his smile and caring moments. He couldn't figure it out; which one was the real Mr. Park?
 
 
************
 
 
Mr. Park looked up at the sound of the door opening and saw his closest friend entering the room. He felt his face relax into a smile at the sight of the covered face and immediately stood up to greet him. 
 
"Youngwoon." he sighed and hastily walked to the other male. 
 
The man in question smiled at the other and they embraced like old friends. When they pulled back Mr. Park, Jungsu, smiled.
 
“I’m glad you’re here, I was getting worried.”
 
Youngwoon raised an eyebrow, “Why?”
 
“Because you didn’t answer my calls or texts. You always answer me.” Jungsu pouted.
 
Youngwoon laughed a bit, “Sorry hyung.”
 
Jungsu just nodded and went over to the cabinet on the other side of his office. He opened the glass doors and pulled out two shot glasses with a bottle of his strongest bourbon. He set the glasses on his desk and undid the cork on the bottle, pouring the liquid evenly into the two glasses. He handed one over to the other and took the second glass for himself.
 
Youngwoon took the glass and tossed it back in one fluid motion. He made a face as the scorching liquid slid down his throat but raised his glass towards the desk once more. Jungsu poured a bit more into the cup and Youngwoon nodded his thanks.
 
"So what held you up?"
 
Youngwoon looked up, "We got an anonymous tip on the leader of Dragon Talon."
 
Jungsu raised an eyebrow, "Really now?" 
 
Youngwoon nodded, "Apparently the leader has a black dragon tattoo somewhere on his body."
 
"How can they know that if they don't know who it is?"
 
Youngwoon shrugged, "That was just the tip."
 
Jungsu opened his mouth to respond when his phone began to ring. He glanced at the number and sighed, "I have to take this."
 
Youngwoon nodded. "I should be going anyway."
 
He stood to leave when a hand grabbed his wrist. He turned and felt a pair of lips fall on his own. He kissed the other back softly and pulled back a bit to look into his eyes. 
 
"Please be careful Youngwoon."
 
"I will be."
 
 
**********
 
 
Ryeowook kept his head down until he heard the elevator doors shut and the lift begin to descend. As soon as it beeped he grabbed his phone and texted his cousin Yesung. 
 
'He just left.'
 
He had been talking with his cousin for months about his boss and this strange man. Yesung thought they were lovers and to be honest he could believe it but there was more going on than that; that Ryeowook knew for a fact. A vibration made him check his phone. 
 
'Stress relief?'
 
Ryeowook just gave his phone a weird look, like Yesung could see it. He quickly typed back 'how...?' and went back to his reports. Almost immediately his cousin texted back.
 
'Just because you have no life doesn't mean other people can't have one.'
 
Ryeowook blushed and threw his phone onto his desk. He didn't have to rub it in now did he? 
 
Stupid cousins. 
 
 
************
 
 
Youngwoon headed back to the police station, his thoughts full of his current case. It was his job to track down the leader of the Dragon's Talons, the most notorious gang in Korea. And all they had to go on was that the leader had a black dragon tattoo. 
 
The gang itself was involved in everything from simple theft to third degree murder. But there was never any clue to completely close the case or link them to it 100% so they always managed to just barely escape charges. 
 
Youngwoon had been tracking them for years now, with little success as to locking them up. He had been on the force for 8 years and was a senior agent in the force. Today was the day he would meet the boyfriend of a fellow agent that had been killed. Agent Lee Hyukjae had served for 3 years and had been killed by the gang last week.  
 
He stopped at the entrance to the garage and provided photo I.D. to enter and park his car. He grabbed all of his necessary items, gun, badge, notepad, and jogged towards the stairs. Taking two at a time he arrived at his floor within minutes. 
 
He glanced over at his cubicle and saw Lee's boyfriend sitting outside his office. The poor boy's eyes were red and puffy from crying, his clothes just barely hung on his body which suggested that he had not eaten, and his hair was greasy and limp. He took a deep breath and began to walk towards the boy, hoping that maybe it would be, relatively, easy. 
 
 
*********
 
 
Donghae had been sitting there for the better part of an hour before the cop showed up. He never thought he'd be where he was now, having to talk about his boyfriends murder. 
 
Murder. 
 
The word left a sour taste in his mouth. Certainly it was part of the risk of being a detective but he had never thought it would happen to Eunhyuk. Not him. He had come home late from somewhere only to find his boyfriend on the floor of their shared apartment, dead. 
 
At first he had thought it was a joke but he knew it hadn't been. It was strange. The feelings had all rushed upon him at once; fear, anguish, pain....numbness. 
 
He still felt numb. 
 
"Excuse me, are you Donghae?"
 
Donghae looked up to see a big and muscular make standing over him giving him a look of apology. He just nodded.
 
"I see. If you'll follow me please." he gestured inside his office. 
 
Donghae once more nodded and stood up but because of the lack of support he began to fall forward. A pair of strong and warm arms caught him and pulled him up. He looked and saw the cop from just now holding him, giving him a worried look. 
 
"Maybe I should get some food first." 
 
He carefully led Donghae inside the office and helped him onto a chair. "My name is Kim Youngwoon. I served with Eunhyuk while he was here."
 
Donghae lost it at that name. 
 
He began to scream and sob, shake and tremble. All the pent up emotions from the past week. Youngwoon knelt down and cradled the broken man against his chest, running a soothing hand through his hair. 
 
"It's okay Donghae. It'll all be over soon."
 
 
 
**********
 
 
It was dark out, pitch black, when the car pulled up in front of the complex. The door opened to the pent house and the said man stepped into a dark room. He looked around and saw a shadow being castes on the floor over the window. Squinting he saw a male standing next to the window. 
 
 
"Lee Donghae went to the police today."
 
The figure by the window turned, "Anything useful."
 
The man shook his head, "He has no clue who did it."
 
The man by the window stepped out of the shadows and revealed a gorgeous smile, "Good."
 
After a few moments he walked up to the man who had entered, "Do you regret it?"
 
He shook his head, "He knew too much."
 
"And his boyfriend?"
 
The man nodded, "He'll be taken care of."
 
The man from the shadows smiled even wider and leaned up to kiss the other. Lips locked and tongues danced. The man let his hands go up the shadow man's shirt and play on his stomach, his mouth going to the neck, biting and nibbling. 
 
The other let moans fall from his lips as those hands began to move all over his body; pinching his s, tickling his abs, groping his , while that mouth still worked on his neck. 
 
The hands stopped on his hips and pulled him closer to where they were so close that you couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. The fingers began to trace abstract patterns except on his left side. On his left side the fingers followed the curves of the lines of the tattoo that ensnared the other male's left hip. 
 
The scales of the black dragon.