Four - Sehun

Before The Dawn

Sehun felt like he was floating ten feet off the ground.  Exo-M was in Korea for the foreseeable future, Luhan was with him once again – he finally felt complete, like the missing half of himself had finally returned – Baekhyun was going to confess his feelings for Chanyeol – and therefore finally stop taking Sehun out on mock-dates to whine about him – and life was pretty much perfect. 

 

 

As he and Luhan were walking back towards the dorms, he noticed that the stars were hidden behind unusually thick clouds.  “Look, Luhan, I wonder if it’s going to snow again?” Unable to contain his excitement, he seized Luhan’s hand and swung him around.  Luhan laughed, allowing himself to be spun.

 

 

“You’re just like a little kid, Sehun-ah,” he said, and refused to relinquish his grip on Sehun’s fingers when they were done turning.  Feeling like he might start glowing with the happiness welling up inside, he pulled ahead and opened the door, gesturing for Luhan to enter first.  Practically dancing, Luhan turned and spun, pulling Sehun in after him.  In the back of his mind, Sehun knew – he just knew - that Luhan was as happy as he was, and everything was multiplied exponentially.  He wanted to laugh for sheer joy. 

 

 

In matched step, they practically ran up the stairs to the second floor of the dorm building where their rooms were located and that was when everything fell apart. 

 

 

They heard the crashing and breaking of glass first, and since Chen had texted a warning ahead about the argument, their first thought was that something had gone horribly wrong between Kai, D.O., Tao and Kris.  But when the door opened, no one was hurt and everything was in one piece.  In fact, Kai had heard the noises even over the sound of the radio and their ongoing debate, and was coming to investigate when Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s door flew open and expelled Baekhyun. 

 

 

Sehun had time to see a wild expression on his face before the older singer crashed through them, shoving him away and into the wall before practically flying down the stairs.  Luhan cried out in pain as he hit the far wall – Baekhyun had pushed them really hard, Sehun realised, and then on the heels of that thought was the knowledge that something had gone terribly wrong with Chanyeol.  Stopping only long enough to make sure Luhan was unharmed, he pushed his way into the other dorm and saw what had so upset Baekhyun. 

 

 

Beside him, Luhan let out a girly-sounding scream.  Kai was right behind them.

 

 

“Oh my god!  What – what – what - ?”  Temporarily bereft of words, Kai stared even as his mouth continued to move silently.  Chanyeol looked up, saw them, and then Suho dumped him onto the floor, practically leaping over the back of the couch in his haste to put distance between them.

 

 

“This isn’t what it looks like!” he shouted hysterically, flinging one arm out to point at Chanyeol. 

 

 

Next to Sehun, Luhan was trembling.  One look at his face told Sehun that his crush was working himself up into a furious rage.  They’d both been so supportive of Baekhyun and his quest to win over Chanyeol, who had clearly not been interested.  The only question now was who he’d blow up at. 

 

 

“Someone better tell me what the hell is going on in here right now!” Luhan shouted, a tiny, quivering ball of white-hot fury. 

 

 

Oh, everyone, Sehun thought, answering his own question.  “Lu, calm down,” he said, trying to think logically.  He was pretty sure Suho liked someone in Exo-M – he was always talking about them, looking at them, and perked up whenever someone mentioned them, or China.  But Chanyeol was a surprise.  This whole situation seemed out of control. 

 

 

“I cannot calm down!” Luhan broke into a stream of invectives in Chinese, too quickly for Sehun’s beginner level understanding of Mandarin to follow.  The torrent brought the rest of the members out of the other rooms, and Sehun was vaguely aware of the other seven crowding around behind him. 

 

 

Kris stepped into the room and kicked something that tinkled and rustled, drawing everyone’s attention down, including Luhan, who settled for glaring silently.  It was a bag of – stuff.  Wet stuff, Sehun realised when Kris picked it up and fluid immediately poured out. 

 

 

“There’s glass in this,” Kris said.  “Luhan!  Take this into the kitchenette and sort it out, please.  Sehun, go with him.”

 

 

Looking like he was about to refuse, Luhan opened his mouth.  Kris narrowed his eyes, going into Super-Leader mode, and Luhan snatched the bag, holding it out in front of him to avoid whatever was still dripping out.  Sehun followed after him, and heard Kris continue to give out instructions – one time even barking an order at Chanyeol and Suho not to move. 

 

 

“It’s so nice to have a man around the house,” Sehun joked, but it fell flat.  Luhan dumped the soaking bag into the sink and whirled around, practically vibrating with unreleased energy. 

 

 

“How could they?  How could he?!  Doesn’t  he know how Baekhyun felt?  Did you see his face?  This is going to completely destroy him!  He must have seen them, and they didn’t even care!”

 

 

With Luhan looking like he was going to march right back into the sitting room and do murder, Sehun planted himself across the doorway with arms and legs spread to prevent Luhan from worming past him.  “They might not have realised that he was there,” he said.  On the inside, he was working up to being just as outraged as Luhan, but the more immediate crisis was balancing it out.  Calming Luhan down before he hurt anyone – and thanking every god above and below that it wasn’t Tao who was in a fire-spitting fury, since the only one who had any hope of stopping him was Kris, and even that was negligible – was his immediately priority.  Baekhyun wouldn’t have gone far.  It was dark, and snowing, and he knew he had supportive friends here.  If he did go far, it wouldn’t be long before he came back, and then Sehun could work on getting him drunk.  Luhan would buy the alcohol, he had no doubts.

 

 

But not if Luhan was in jail for murder and/or assault.  With everything fully justified to himself, he made sure there was nothing sharp within reach, stepped out of the doorway and enveloped Luhan in a hug.  For a long moment, Luhan simply stood within the circle of his arms, his hands curled into fists at his side.  After a while, he relaxed slightly and returned the hug. 

 

 

“I’m sorry.  I just can’t believe – I thought so much better of Chanyeol than that!”

 

 

“I know,” Sehun said.  “I did too.  And so did Baekhyun.  Find out what’s in that bag so we can get rid of the glass,” he added.