Dogs and him

Unwanted Attention

 

 

Eight

 

 

 

He waited for her at the public library today. But she wasn’t there. He thought that maybe they could talk a little more, and get to know each other more. Lay was disappointed. He sat at the place where they talked days ago. He anticipated her to magically appear. But still, she didn’t. He still waited for a few minutes, distracting himself by browsing for some books. When the time came when he realize that she won’t ever come, he resigned.

Sighing, Lay stood up and went home.

 

*****

 

Wallet: Check

Sneakers: Check

Beanie: Check

All right then she’s all set to go. Soori had to miss going to the library today, since she’s doing something she volunteered for. But she was still excited. She was delighted to have volunteered for a dog shelter. Although all day she would have to deal with various types of dogs, bathe them and basically take care of them, she didn’t cringe at the thought.

Simultaneously her legs walked with anticipation. She picked up her headphones and put them on her ear. Music makes the day even wonderful. It adds a tingling effect to the mood she was having. She finally reached the bus stop. While waiting for the bus, she hummed and adored the music.

The peeping of the bus woke her from her trance and she quickly went inside it. The farthest seat beside the window is always the comfortable one. Of course, she didn’t hesitate to choose it. Soori’s skill to interact with her peer has improved but she still preferred the attention of animals. She likes being around them, because she doesn’t have any reason to act all nice and stuff in front of them. And they won’t understand anything she says.

Soori giggled. She didn’t even know why she’s feeling all giddy today. Hmm, must be my animal instinct.

The bus suddenly halted to let in more passengers. Each of the new passengers stepped in and approached a seat.

Her eyes flickered to a familiar silhouette. All in his glory, wearing a black shirt and jeans that hung dangerously on his hips, was none other than Kai. His hair was ruffled that made him look like he just woken out of bed. His sleepy eyes were droopy as he went to look for a seat. He has a freaking car yet he still takes the bus. Genius.

His eyes found hers. She looked away and pretended that Kai didn’t exist. But too late for that, he already found her.

The seat she was occupying suddenly sunk low indicating that Kai chose the seat beside her. Soori remained ignoring him until Kai removed an earphone.

“Where are you going?”

“To your funeral”

Soori and her snappy comments, she never gives up huh? Well, he might as well do something about it.

“I’ll go with you then.” Soori abruptly said no. Gotcha.

“Trust me; you don’t want to come to your funeral.”

“I think I’ll manage.”

 

*****

 

“Stop it. You’re not going with me.” Soori fastened her pace as she saw Kai still following her. His hands were placed in the pocket of his jeans, and he was smiling evilly. He enjoyed the flustered look Soori was making.

 

She continued walking though. It’s useless to keep telling him off.

They finally arrived at the place. Kai was a bit astonished to be at this place. Last time he checked, he didn’t give a damn thing about dogs. Anyways, he got nothing important to do, he decided to stuck with Soori for a while.

“Ah! Soori-ssi! Annyeong.” The girl behind the front desk greeted Soori. She then eyed Kai. “And, um..is this your boyfriend Soori-ah? You didn’t tell me he was this handsome.” The girl was absolutely flirting with him. Sending him mixed signals with her stare.

Sorry miss, but I’m not interested.

“Ani, unnie. He’s just err…a friend.” The girl’s face lit up thinking she has a chance with him. Kai just kept his cool aura and ignored her.

 

*****

“First you’ll just have to bathe them.” The girl instructed them how and what to do. Kai found out that Soori was volunteering for this kind of job. Why on earth would she do something like this? He never liked dogs. He didn’t have any either, since he was little. His perspective of dogs would be viscous creatures that bite you. But when he saw the dogs today, a lot of them were cute, even cuter than Baekhyun.

He was thankful that the girl finally left. “I thought she’d never leave.”

Soori just rolled her eyes. “Come on, could you gather them around?”

The dogs were swarming around him. Their tails wagged continuously and some barked cheerfully. Kai want to get out of here and just lounge at his condo even if it’s boring. He’s already here anyways, no turning back now.

“Come little tweeps, let’s get you all cleaned up.”

Soori could see that Kai was having a hard time around the dogs. It’s that obvious. He constantly muttered whenever he tripped on some of them but he never hurt them. He just did his job even if it makes him look uncool. Please, he was never cool to begin with.

She turned the hose on and a gurgle of water came out. She didn’t notice she turned the knob on high, that’s why it ended up splashing on her face.

Kai saw it and he laughed. Soori wanted to get revenge but she was smitten by something. The way Kai laughed, it seemed carefree. Sometimes, when Kai continuously bug her and when he laughs, it’s kind of controlled like he’s not fully laughing; it’s the outside that’s only laughing.

She shook her head and went back to work.

 

 

 


Here's the thing, in all romance fanfics there has to be the "other guy" (You know what I mean?)

In this fic, Lay would be the "Other guy"

Lol

 

and here's kim jongin weeeeee

Imagine him like this when he entered the bus. lol