Black Dress

Unwanted Attention

Twelve

 

 

 

 

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“I’ll do anything”

“No.”

“I’ll cry if you won’t say yes”

“No.”

“I’m gonna seriously cry.”

Soori sighed. “No Kai. I won’t go to that freaking party. And besides, you could make Luhan dress up as a girl”

“Not gonna work Soori.” Luhan commented.

Kai kept on badgering her to come with him to the party. A partner means that it’ll be a girl. And he knows no one except Soori to be trusted with in this kind of situation. He kept on explaining to her that it will be just for a few minutes. She still didn’t budge. Soori hates parties, and she’s never a social being to begin with. No matter how Kai had begged her all morning, she still wouldn’t go.

“Please Soori!”  Kai yelled across the hall because Soori started walking faster, getting away from him.

 

*****

 

Her stomach grumbled. Soori realized she hadn’t eaten lunch yet, because she was too busy dealing with Kai. Clenching her tummy, she turned around to buy something that would ease her hunger. But she bumped into someone. She looked up. It was Lay.

“You hungry?” He held some food to her.

Soori have never been so happy to hear those two words. She nodded happily and went with Lay to the cafeteria.

Once seated, she couldn’t hide her hunger anymore as she went to unpack the food and ate happily. Ah, food. Meanwhile, Lay was watching her with content. He looked at the way she eats, it’s so unladylike but it’s kind of cute. Munching her food with happiness made him chuckle. She must be pretty hungry then.

“Did you cook this?”  Scraps of food were smudging her face.

“No, but D.O did” He mentally hid a smile.

She nodded her head. “Ah, explains why”

 

Her hair was a bit longer now. The color complemented her features well. She isn’t an eye-catcher but if you really study her up close, she’d momentarily take your breath away. Lay didn’t know what he was feeling for her, but it definitely wasn’t friendship.

“You know,” She looked at him questioningly. “Kai gets what he wants. Always”

Truth was, Lay also wanted Soori to go to the party. Seeing her in a dress made him look forward to the event since he’s coming too. Lay and Kai’s family are tight. Their parents share a friendship that no one can describe. And that’s probably how Lay and Kai met. And when they did, the two of them were inseparable.

“Please, Kai doesn’t always get what he wants. He’s a jerk”

At this point, any girl that Kai’s chasing, they’d definitely fell into his charms. But she didn’t. Lay wondered what kind of man Soori fell for. And he was quite relieved that Kai’s absolutely not it.

Without any warning, Kai appeared to their table. “Soori,” He looked at her with determination. “This is the last chance, just please go with me”

She rolled her eyes. “Never”

“You leave me no choice then” He stepped closer to her. Then abruptly, he carried her over his shoulder. Soori didn’t have time to run away as Kai was too unexpected. “Let me go!”

“No way” And he sauntered off, attracting some stares from other students especially girls.

“I’m so going to kill you Kim Jongin.”

 

 

Lay was looking from afar as Kai dragged her away from him. He wasn’t jealous. Instead, he felt some longing. He wanted to act careless and fun in front of her. But he felt that he was too controlled.

Kai’s dragging you away from me.

 

*****

 

Ice-like stares are piercing his back. curved into a very ungrateful smile. He could sense that her ears and nose are fuming with smoke from the anger she felt. Kai dragged Soori to a random room that people seldom come. And that was the music room.

“After doing this to me, I’m never gonna go”

 

 

He sighed. “My father..” He trailed off. Talking about his dad is not an easy thing, since he doesn’t want to talk about him or even think about him. “He gave me this chance. And…I don’t want to blow it up” True, for once, he wants to show his dad that he changed. That he can no longer demean him as he was growing up into a responsible man. I’m going to show him.

His father. Perhaps this is the person who’s affecting him lately. Kai was not looking at her and she noticed it. His hand tracing the piano keys, playing each white key slowly. For once, he looked sincere. He really wanted this.

She never knew how that felt. Having to suffer from your own parent.

 

 

“What time does it start?” His face immediately lit up. He hoped and hoped that she would understand his situation. His smile was blinding her right now. It was genuine, and he looked like an angel. An angel that Soori had always imagined him to be. As the sun was glowing behind him, he stood there.

But he enveloped her into a hug. “Thank you”

She smiled.

“But what am I going to wear?”

Oh, such a tiny problem. “Leave that to me”

 

*****

Soori couldn’t believe how time passed by so quickly and before she knew it, it’s already Saturday. She was sitting inside a parlor getting make up on. Brushes everywhere. The smell of perfume was overwhelming. And dresses being discussed on what would be best for her.

Kai is incredibly rich. When he picked her up at her apartment today, he wore simple clothes, but then she realized they were those branded clothing that she could never afford. And his car was not an exception too.

He left her here in this parlor (a huge parlor filled with rich costumers). With just a simple instruction from him they acted immediately. They made her go through several of treatments that she couldn’t remember, before she was finally at the make up stage.

The make up artists settles for something subtle and simple for her make up. Since she’s young, they don’t want waste that youth from putting too much color.

 

After the make up, they led her to a changing room filled with mirrors and plush couches. She sat calmly and waited for their instruction. The place is beautiful. Chandeliers hanging, the red carpet she’s stepping on is just simply incredible. But she doesn’t belong here. Okay, only just for now.

 

“Soori-ssi?”

“Ah, neh?” She clumsily stood up.

“Let’s get you dressed up”

Walking towards her with some kind of excitement, she never experienced being pampered before. She never experienced having some high class things on her.

 

*****

 

Tugging his tie a little bit more, so it could look perfect. He liked things perfect. But sometimes he needs a little bit of flaw to spice his life up.

Kai sleeked his hair back in a sophisticated manner. His tuxedo fits perfectly to his well defined body. Black suits him. He looks badass in it.

Finally satisfied, he got his keys and drove to get Soori. Some part of him was wondering what she looked like. Same as always? Or the opposite? Better find out.

 

Minutes later, he finally arrived. Once entering, he was bombarded with greetings and giggling girls who’ve always wanted his attention. For once, he politely bowed back in return.

Ah, this is the door that the room Soori was in. Within three knocks, it opened. He was hoping that it was Soori he would immediately see, but it’s just the girl he’d put in charge.

“She’s ready”

“Thank you” The girl left and he walked inside.

He heard murmurs and constant whining.

“Soori?”

She tensed.  “Um, Kai?”

“What’s wrong?” He asked upon hearing the nervousness in her voice.

“I look horrible”

“Don’t worry, I’ve seen worse.”

More murmurs. And she decisively walked. Her feet were the first thing he saw, she wore silver pump heels that denoted her perfect calf. Then her thighs were as milky and smooth as porcelain though it was not that skinny. Her waist was accentuated by the dress she wore. And it was black. A black strapless dress that looked amazing in her. The curls in her hair were more bouncy as usual and were styled to complement the dress she wore. Her lips were as red as a cherry tomato, not too sweet looking, but also tempting. Her nose was defined by the effortless make up. Her eyes were more peircing than before. And in that moment Kai looked at her as if she was finally a girl.

 

 


 

Huhu, sorry if I wasn't able to update yesterday :(

I hope you all forgive me *bows*

But I hope that I'd receive some motivational comments, because writing isn't easy. lol

hehe