Angel

Angel

 

 

---

"It's a bright day" Donghae walked along the seashore.

There was something that caught his glance. It was a shining thing on the floor. He walked toward the thing, it got bigger and bigger. Soon he realized that it was a girl, wearing a snowy white dress, laying on the sand. 

He approached her. She was surely sleeping deeply. Her lips were curved and showed a sweet smile. He smiled unconsciously when watching her. 

Her skin was pale, pure and perfect. Her eyebrows, nose, lips were the best combination. Her cheeks, oh… were heavenly beautiful. Donghae was stunt in front of the sleeping beauty. He wondered how her eyes were, how her glaze could be. He felt that something came to his chest, like being electroshocked, his heart started to bump crazily.

---

(Taeyeon's POV)

"Where am I…" She shook her head wondering around. 

This place is so weird, it's wet and I can feel my skin dirty… It's this tiny stuff on my skin… I hate this feeling, I've never felt dirty.

I have never been in such a place before…

"Unnies, unnies!!" She yelled frowning. 

A boy was sitting beside him. She turned to him.

"Where is this place?" She asked.

---

(Donghae's POV)

Her eyes are amazing… 

The moment that she opened her eyes, was the most delighting scene on the whole world.

But she looks confused and worried. What happened to her?

"Where am I…"

Is she lost? Who'd leave her by herself… So mean…

---

(Nobody's POV)

"We are at XX beach, in Korea" Donghae said kindly.

"What is beach? Where is Korea?" She frowned even more, he could tell by her glaze that she was totally lost and frightened.

My wings…. why I can't move them!!?

Taeyeon looked at her back, but there was nothing… now she tried to move objects by using her mind, but nothing worked.

"Boleeee!!!! what is this?? Where am I?!!!! " She screamed. "Unnies!!! Help me!!!" A tear was showing up in the corner of her eye.

She could hear something. It came from nowhere, only she could hear it.

"Taengo, you were dragged to the Earth…. You must do 100 good actions to come back" Seohyun's voice.

"Please do it quickly and come back soon" Sunny's voice

"Take care of yourself" Sooyoung's voice.

"Aniii!!! Shiroooooo!!!!" (No, I don't want) She screamed, now her tears were running through her beautiful face.

"Maknae, we really miss you" Hyo's voice.

"Mianhe we can't do anything to help" Fany's voice, full of guilt.

"Unnies…." She sobbed. She could fell that someone was hugging her. But if it weren't her unnies, she didn't want to. She pushed Donghae away, and kept thinking and trying to hear them.

"Annnyeon maknae, do your best." Sica…

---

"Where is your home? I can help you go back" Donghae said.

"There, I want to get there" Taeyeon pointed at the sky. 

"The sky? Your home?" He asked.

"Uh hum" She nodded.

"How do you get there?" 

"Making good things" She answered. 

"Well, while you make good things, would you like to stay at my place?" He had learned that she was weird girl, that needed to be treated as a baby.

"Are you a good boy?" She asked. 

"Boh?" He laughed. Who the hell asks if you are a good boy…. This girl, lucky me.

"My stomach hurts" She said. It was the first time experiencing such pain. She walked back with Donghae, since she knew nobody.

"You're hungry" He raised his eyebrows. He started to cook as she watched him.

She doesn't know about basic things, such as being hungry… what type of girls is she...

After serving a delicious meal, Taeyeon ate happily. She left the plates and smiled. He took the plates and started to wash.

"What are you doing?" She stood up beside him.

"I'm doing the dishes." He smiled.

"Doing the dishes…" She repeated, thinking…

"Why don't you do it mentally?" She asked. This kind of things should be arranged in a second, with her magic… but,…

"Can you do it mentally?" Donghae asked. Are you kidding?

"I WAS able… Now I can't" She said sadly.

"Why?"

"I'm being punished" 

"Leaving you alone is a harsh punishment, you know…" 

"Not only leaving me, they've taken my wings and my magic" She said angrily.

"Wings? Magic?" Hahaha, this girl is living in her own world… 

"Dae, you don't have it?"

"On Earth, we don't have wings and magic" He explained.

"Humm…" I see… the only way to get back is really doing those 100 good things.

"Can I ask you a question?" She opened her eyes, staring at him.

"Sure!" He smiled.

"How do I do good things? How do I help people?" 

"Why are you asking this?"

"Just answer me"

"Ok, ok. You do good things and help people when you want to see them smile, you give all your effort sincerely without asking anything back. Got it?"

"Too difficult…" She was shaking her head.

How am I going to help people… If I was always given everything by unnies…

"Ani, it isn't difficult at all" He said. "Want to try it?" She nodded.

Donghae took her hand and walked out. He walked her to the fishermen. They were hanging webs, Donghae greeted them happily, and he got a good response too. Taeyeon just followed him silently.

He pointed at the webs and started to help. Taeyeon sat and watched.

"Join us" He said. She shook her head.

"C'mon, you said you wanna do good things" He went to her and brought her to the working place. She looked so unwilling… 

"I'll try it tomorrow, dae?" She asked with puppy face. No one, but no one could reject her when she used her biggest aegyo weapon.

"Ok, ok" He said. He worked by his own. She sat and watched.

How can people enjoy working… I mean, it's better to sit and rest...

After helping the fishermen, they greeted him happily. 

They all like him. He must be a good boy then.

They went back home for lunch.

"I'm hungry. Cook for me" Taeyeon said.

This girl… she learns fast...

"Say please and I'll cook for you" 

"Why do you have to say please?"

"It's manner, girl… By the way, what's your name?"

"Kim Taeyeon, and yours?"

"Lee Donghae"

"Ok Donghae, cook for me, PLEASE…" 

"I look older than you, you should call me oppa"

"oppa?" 

"Dae, oppa. "

"Ok then, Donghae oppa"

"Good girl"

After having lunch, Taeyeon collected shells while Donghae sat and watched her play like a child.

He noticed that he didn't like to get in the water, maybe she didn't know how to swim.

---

"Oppa, what are we doing today?" She asked after breakfast.

"Help people"

"I'm not in the mood today" Again… it was her daily phrase, up there it was like this, and down here, too.

"Taeyeon, let's go, kaja" He grabbed her hand and took her out. Now she knew about the fishermen, about the market place, and many other near places. Since it was a small town, it was easy to learn and get used to.

She had done 3 good things, and it had been 3 days since she got to Earth… 

"Hi Taeyeon shi!" Other guys greeted her. She waved back. "Do you want to go out on a date?" a guy asked her. She smiled and shook her head.

I've seen this through my water pond, it's called love. But many of this love is fake, so I won't try it.

"Ani, thanks" She greeted and walked to Donghae, grabbing his arm. He looked at her and smiled.

"What happened Tae?" Like treating a little child. But the fact that she grabbed his arm made his heart skipped a beat.

"He asked me to date him" She told the truth.

"And what did you say?" He frowned.

"No, thank you" She answered. He smiled again. It's good to see you smile, oppa.

"Donghae!" A girl called him. She greeted him and hugged him. Taeyeon frowned.

"How are you? Humm… Who is she?" She asked, jealous about the clinging arm.

"I've been fine, thanks. She's Taeyeon, my new friend."

"Hi! nice to meet you" The girl bowed. Taeyeon bowed back.

"Leave you girls, I have to keep working" He was carrying some boxes at the market.

---

"So, Taeyeon, do you like Donghae oppa?" The girl asked. 

Boh? He's just my friend…

"Ani. we're just friends" She shook her head. 

"Uff, good then" She sighed as a relief. "I want to be his girlfriend"

Taeyeon shocked

"Keep working hard." She said. He's a good boy.

---

"Taeyeon, I wish you never leave" He mumbled, watching the sunset. She was playing around as always. Then she sat beside him.

"Donghae oppa, do you know what's there? Into the blue thing?"

"It's sea. Want to take a look?" She shook her head immediately. He smiled.

"You don't know how to swim, I can teach you" He took her hand and walked towards the sea.

"It's hard!" She kept drinking water. He held her and tried to teach her. She learned slowly.

"Ah!" She went into the water. Donghae got into the sea, and took her face softly, kissing her lightly on the lips. Then he hugged her and took her out of the water.

"What was that oppa?" She knew that only couples kissed each other. And now she was confused, since they were not couples…

"Ki-ss" He said. 

I can't believe she doesn't know what's a kiss...

"It felt good…" She murmured to herself while touching her lips. 

Come to think of it, humans like kissing, know I understand why…

"Oppa!" She said. Donghae turned his face to her, but he felt something on his cheek… A kiss…

"Kiss?" She asked. 

"He nodded smiling. Then he rubbed her head. "You improve very quick, Tae." She smiled.

"Just one thing you have to know. You can only kiss one person, and that's me. And you can be kissed by only me too."

She nodded, but in reality she doesn't know why… He smiled happily.

---

(1st week)

Taeyeon was doing well with her 'helping people stuff'. But unconsciously, she had grown a big love towards Donghae. They were sticked together all the time. She didn't even feel that she was getting lighter and lighter, since it was easier and easier to help people. She didn't used her 'magic' to help others, since she thinks that she hadn't regained them.

Count: 20

"Hae oppa!!" She went to him and hugged him. She had finished her stuff, and now she came to help him.

"Leave it, it's heavy" He said.

"I can do it" She's stubborn as always. She could hardly move one of those boxes.

A girl was watching this scene, everyone in town rumored about them… She pushed the boxes.

"Tae!!" A box was about to fall, she looked up and shocked. Taeyeon closed her eyes waiting for the impact. Donghae run to her and covered her with his body, the box fell and hit him.  

She opened slowly her eyes. "Donghae oppa!!!" She yelled. She placed her hands on his face, looking to his painful expressions, is was like having a knife on her heart. 

"Oppa, oppa!! Are you alright?" She kept shaking him. He nodded and laid down, resting.

"Why did you do this?" Her eyes began to cry.

"I love you, Taeyeon… I love you." 

She hugged him so tight, letting her tears cover his t-shirt. But suddenly….

"Maknae, you can not fall for a human" Seo unnies' voice.

No…. another stupid rule… I'm tired of this...

"Too late… I've already fallen…" She said, her tears were cleaned by his warm hand. 

"Maknae!! Don't!!!" Many unnies.

---

(2nd week)

The couple smiled at each other. Now Taeyeon regretted how she mocked about the loving couples, cause she was now one of them. She loved to spend all day with him, working, or learning to swim, or just walking by the seashore, with their hands intertwined. Happiness was that easy.

Count: 50

"Oppa, I wanna be your girlfriend" The girl said to Donghae. Taeyeon saw it, and got angry.

"Fire!!" People shouted. Donghae went running to help.

Omo… It was me…. I lit the fire…

She was imagining herself starting a fire, since she was really upset…

What have I done…. I'm a monster… I will cause many sufferings, Donghae oppa saves people, and I…. I...

A tear came out from her eyes. She walked back to the house by herself. She sat and watched the sunset.

Oppa, you really deserve heaven… I can change places with you, I'm really useless…

Donghae came back really tired after helping, he watched how Taeyeon was staring at the sunset. He gave her a back hug.

"I'm late" He said. "Wait, I'll cook for you" He kissed on her chin and left.

Stop being so nice to me, it just make me more ugly...

She started crying silently again.

---

(3rd week)

Taeyeon had kept a distance from Donghae since then. 

He deserves much better than me…

What have I done? Did I hurt her?

He didn't know what was going on. She looked nice as always with the rest of people, but when it came to him, she was cold.

Count: 85

"Tae" He decided to hug her.

She freed herself, and looking to the ground, she spoke. "Don't hug me again"

It killed him, it killed her.

"Work hard, Taengo, don't drown yourself in feelings" Unnie's advices.

She avoided every contact with him. He didn't now what to do.

"Kim Taeyeon, can you tell me what's wrong with us?" He couldn't handle it anymore.

"You know that I love you, why do you keep pushing me away? It hurts, you know?" He demanded.

She was silent.

I really want to leave, I don't want to hurt you more… Please take me back...

"You don't love me anymore… Do you?" He asked painfully. It was the last hope he held.

"Mianhe… " I love you but I can't be with you. I can fell my wings back to me, I feel my unnies ready to take me home… If I keep loving you, you'll end up more hurt… mianhe.

On Donghae's chin, a tear rolled. On Taeyeon's heart, a knife teared her in pieces.

 

---

(4rth week)

Now she was light, so light. She could do many things at the same time, it was great to be herself back again. It was very difficult to stop helping people, she had already got used to it. But she wanted to stay a little bit longer, so she closed herself up, unwilling to go out. She kept day and night waiting for him.

Count: 99

Taeyeon took out a paper and wrote.

-To my only love, Donghae-

Do you remember the first time we met? I told you that my home was up there. 

Now I can understand how you might have felt when I told you I lost my wings…

I was punished, I was asked to do 100 good things to return

It's time to go… I want to thank you for all those memories you gave me, 

I'll never forget… how you taught me to give effort, how you taught me to love…

Do you remember our first kiss? It was the most beautiful thing I've experienced.

This month, thanks for taking care of me. 

Mianhe… I lied to you. 

I want you to forget me, it's selfish but I really hope you could get over me…

I wish that you can be happy, I wish that you can love and get loved...

I love you, I've always loved, and I'll always love.

K TY

 

She folded the paper and left it on the table. When she walked out, a light shinned on her.

Donghae was getting home, when he saw her, on the beach…. With her eyes closed, and her arms opened. Something white came from her back, a pair of snowy wings...

He run to her. She was taken little by little, by that strong light. Every time she rose up, he feared. He knew he'd never see her again. She appeared suddenly and was going back home suddenly too.

He yelled, screamed, shouted. She looked back at him, she smiled. Her hand wanted to reach him, but she was taken.

Donghae couldn't believe what he had seen. She didn't lied. She came from up there, she had wings…. She was an angel…

---

Count: 100

'Making a sincere wish, counts as a good thing'

After reading her letter, Donghae stood up. He walked out to where he found her, and where she left him.

"Kim Taeyeon! I love you! I'll never get over you, I'll always wait here for you!" He shouted to the sky.

 
 
 
----
 
 
Sequel: ANGEL II